What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the west ordered Putin to do a hitler attack on Ukraine. I heared von der Leyen herself forced Putin to bomb the theatre.

No buddy, Putin is to blame. He could have invested in education, culture and economy. But chose to make russia hyper corrupted mafia state and now taints his nation with blood of innocent people. For generations Russia will have to live with that guilt.
Kala ok,ama den katalavaineis kapoia pragmata,ti na sou pw...

Where were you when the Ukrainian forces constantly bombed Donbass for 8 years? The children and innocent of Donbass died because of Ukrainian bombing and neo-nazi militia atrocities. There are horror stories from there. Where were you in 2015 and onwards to talk about this?

Again, how much oil and gas do you think China need in a single year?

And RMB/RUB account is a non-starter, there are no way Russia can guarantee their currency as they pretty much run out of option to back their own currency after US, UK and EU (Together worth 90% of world currency reserve) pull the plug in Russia central bank.

I don't think you have any idea how bad it is, because effectively what the West is doing to is take away Russian central bank to support its own currency, as you cannot back Rouble with Rouble. That is backing something abstract with something abstract. This is not even done to Iran (well, they did it but in a limited sense) and the Sanctioning of NDF is only 5 billions or so, instead of the 300 billions Foreign Currency Russian own overseas.

So basically, by barring US and EU entity to do business in Russia and frozen their Asset in US/EU (including the UK) You effectively block the way Russia can raise fund. Blocking them off SWIFT is one thing (still big on Russia), you stop Russia by buying/selling overseas that uses SWIFT, you can still transfer money using any other mean (CIPS or even direct trade) but stopping Central Bank of Russia from exchanging USD, Euro and Pound, you take away the mean Russia can use to back it's own currency, which mean they only have 1 currency in that basket to choose from. RMB. Which mean either China undercut their own currency policy and move majority of their currency back home to back Russia, which will weaken Yuan, or you print more money (by offering more Line of Credit) to satisfy the trade volume with Russia, which will inflate Yuan. Either way is a bad move.

Gold is a tangible asset. Which mean it's physically thing, so how do you actually back an abstract thing with gold? Say today 1 rouble worth 0.0001 ounce of gold, you cannot change that exchange rate because that would mean "re-cutting" the gold. And there is a certain amount of gold a country can have and there is a limit of abundance. That mean you either overinflate it or you will suffer a slow development rate because you cannot back all the project until the previous one is finished and that gold is "released"

And then you have the civilian ownership of gold. Think about it, if I own, say a ton of gold (which worth around 61 millions USD), Consider Russia central bank only have access to 2300 ton of gold, if I use my ton of gold and go to Russia (61 millions dollar) I effectively own 1/2301 Russian Economy.....(that's 608 millions of dollar in 2021 term)

There is a reason why we move on from Gold since 1914.......
In 2021, Russia exported 230 million tons of oil.
In 2021, China imported 513 million tons of oil.

Of course, it is impossible for China to hand over 50% of its oil orders to Russia, but it is acceptable for China to hand over 130 million tons of oil orders to Russia. Russia should be able to sell the remaining 100 million tons of oil through other channels.

Russia is not only selling oil, but also an exporter of natural gas, coal, iron ore, copper, lead, non-ferrous metals and other bulk resources.

Kala ok,ama den katalavaineis kapoia pragmata,ti na sou pw...

Where were you when the Ukrainian forces constantly bombed Donbass for 8 years? The children and innocent of Donbass died because of Ukrainian bombing and neo-nazi militia atrocities. There are horror stories from there. Where were you in 2015 and onwards to talk about this?

You say this as if people in the 2 Donbas republic never bombard Ukrainian Civilian Position in that 8 years since 2014......

For layman people like me who are not from the super spy world of Putin :rolleyes1: :

1647518812553.png

In 2021, Russia exported 230 million tons of oil.
In 2021, China imported 513 million tons of oil.

Of course, it is impossible for China to hand over 50% of its oil orders to Russia, but it is acceptable for China to hand over 130 million tons of oil orders to Russia. Russia should be able to sell the remaining 100 million tons of oil through other channels.

Russia is not only selling oil, but also an exporter of natural gas, coal, iron ore, copper, lead, non-ferrous metals and other bulk resources.

It's not the number, but how do you pay for it or what do you trade it for?? You are talking about a situation where Russia cannot pay you in cash or currency, and you do not have enough extra RMB hanging around to support both trade between Russia and China.

Also, you are talking about an entire Russian economy (or half, if you say it like that), how are you going to support that?

And finally, to be honest, what you are saying is a bit "Wishful Thinking", of course if China can do that, Russia will be alright, but would China even consider doing that is another issue altogether.

Reactions: mmr
Armata spotted anywhere? Anybody? I asked this before but nobody responded. Come on guys. :sad:

Again, how much oil and gas do you think China need in a single year?

And RMB/RUB account is a non-starter, there are no way Russia can guarantee their currency as they pretty much run out of option to back their own currency after US, UK and EU (Together worth 90% of world currency reserve) pull the plug in Russia central bank.

I don't think you have any idea how bad it is, because effectively what the West is doing to is take away Russian central bank to support its own currency, as you cannot back Rouble with Rouble. That is backing something abstract with something abstract. This is not even done to Iran (well, they did it but in a limited sense) and the Sanctioning of NDF is only 5 billions or so, instead of the 300 billions Foreign Currency Russian own overseas.

So basically, by barring US and EU entity to do business in Russia and frozen their Asset in US/EU (including the UK) You effectively block the way Russia can raise fund. Blocking them off SWIFT is one thing (still big on Russia), you stop Russia by buying/selling overseas that uses SWIFT, you can still transfer money using any other mean (CIPS or even direct trade) but stopping Central Bank of Russia from exchanging USD, Euro and Pound, you take away the mean Russia can use to back it's own currency, which mean they only have 1 currency in that basket to choose from. RMB. Which mean either China undercut their own currency policy and move majority of their currency back home to back Russia, which will weaken Yuan, or you print more money (by offering more Line of Credit) to satisfy the trade volume with Russia, which will inflate Yuan. Either way is a bad move.

Gold is a tangible asset. Which mean it's physically thing, so how do you actually back an abstract thing with gold? Say today 1 rouble worth 0.0001 ounce of gold, you cannot change that exchange rate because that would mean "re-cutting" the gold. And there is a certain amount of gold a country can have and there is a limit of abundance. That mean you either overinflate it or you will suffer a slow development rate because you cannot back all the project until the previous one is finished and that gold is "released"

And then you have the civilian ownership of gold. Think about it, if I own, say a ton of gold (which worth around 61 millions USD), Consider Russia central bank only have access to 2300 ton of gold, if I use my ton of gold and go to Russia (61 millions dollar) I effectively own 1/2301 Russian Economy.....(that's 608 millions of dollar in 2021 term)

There is a reason why we move on from Gold since 1914.......
Very interesting. So what do you think will happen to the Russian economy in 30 days time? what will happen in 1 years time? what is your prediction?

Geo tagging. They can be blocked by Apple
If a Chinese citizen buys an iPhone in China, but his iPhone cannot be used because of traveling to Russia. Then the iPhone will violate China's consumer rights law, and Apple may be sued and fined.
If Apple blocks a mobile phone only by virtue of its location, it will get into a lot of trouble. Unlike the US govt, the Chinese govt has never shown mercy on these multinational groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom