What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian economy will face difficulties in the foreseeable future but it is not going to crash. It is being removed from SWIFT. However I am sure Russian strategic planners have made the calculations that.

As you rightly pointed out, China will be the major power that has the capability and capacity to supply Russia consumer market, which has been vacated by Western business. It presents a good opportunity for Chinese business to capture Russian market. China can provide any consumer goods that are possibly available in this world. Naturally some electronic goods will face difficulty if there are any western made components but it will provide fantastic incentives for the growth of Chinese alternatives.

I will say what Financial Time editor (forgot her name) said on TV.

Just because Russia confiscated an Apple Store, that does not mean iPhone will magically appear.

Before you said "Oh, how about Huawei, Oppo or Xiao Mi?" You need to know that all of those phone have sanctioned technology (IC, Wifi, Memory Chip and so on), which mean to take over "Western Business" in this case, a phone store, you will need to have your mobile phone company set aside a brand new production line, producing phone just for Russia market that is rid of all Western Sanctioned Technology, or they will risk being sanction themselves. That goes to any sort of advance manufacturing business. You will need to separate your production line, and leave one just for Russia and another one for the rest of the world.

Now the question you need to ask is, would Chinese company willing to open a new production line just for Russia? And that is assuming Russia market can afford anything.

Yes, I can see food business or other simple production China can take over (like textile or something like that) but anything else is just opening a new can of worm.

As long as inflation of consumer goods is low, Russian economy and society in general will fare steadily. I am sure many people will be disappointed to see that.

Naturally China and Russia will be trading with non USD going forward, and again that provides a strong incentive to accelerate the development of the new currency scheme. It could be the digital RMB in the end.

With what? Solely RMB? How are you going to get the extra RMB you need to service Russian Market? Just because they switch to RMB line of credit does not mean you don't need to inflate your own currency, you do know Russia Market worth 1.4 Trillions USD (or ~ 7 trillions RMB) before the war, sure that is going to go down, but I doubt you can create an entire RMB line of credit that can service the entire Russian industry.

Bear in mind Russia do not have the mean to borrow any money from overseas bank, so either Rouble or nothing to guarantee your Trade which mean if you want to trade with Russia, that have to be RMB, and ALL of them have to be RMB. I can see a steady program over 10 years elevating RMB amount to satisfy the Russian Market. It's nearly impossible to do it out of a sudden

Just because something is digital, that does not mean it does not count into your currency system........Or you really think Quantitative Easing is US actually printing 2.054 trillions dollar worth of new dollar bills?

By the way, Russia or China does not need to use other party’s currency domestically as you mentioned. The currency they receive from international trade is separate from the home currency. For example Russia can receive RMB from selling oil and gas to China, they will turn around to use the same RMB to buy consumer goods and everything else from Chinese market. RMB will only serve as a medium of trade only. Russia has been running trade surplus with China so buying more Chinese goods can balance it out nicely.

Again, You either underwrite the entire Russian Economy with RMB, or you uses Rouble and have them in your central bank to back those transaction, which I seriously doubt Chinese Central Bank will do that seeing Rouble dropping in value like crazy. (It only crawl back 0.2 cents value and it would be a great achievement)

Also, how much oil and gas you think China needed? You are not talking about hundred billions dollars here and there, you are talking about Trillion of Dollars worth. And do you think Russia on the other hand can afford Trillions dollars worth of Chinese goods? I mean you need people to have money to be able to buy stuff, you cannot just say "Hey I trade you 1 trillions dollar worth of Oil and I sent you 1 trillions worth of electronic" it would be the end of 2030 until Russia can get rid of all those electronic....

Was asking myself some question also. Why VKS failed to close the Ukrainian Airspace?

Better yet, I have another question for you.

Why Zelenskyy still able to broadcast his speech/meet virtually to Western Leader?

I mean, look at his video, he did US Congress this morning, Canadian Parliament 2 days ago, British Parliament earlier this week, and EU and NATO last week. I am not saying Russia should be able to assassinate him (that would actually be bad for Russia as this will make him a martyr) But Russia should have put pressure on him, and put him on the move, they can also jam their communication, taking out internet or TV infrastructure.

Why all that was not done?

That leads to 2 conclusion.

1.) Russia is Culminating - They have no resource left to pursuit those measure.
2.) Russia military is not fighting this war - Putin is behind all the decision. Essentially he is doing a Hitler, he is no military man, he don't process proper military knowledge, if Russia Military is running this war, all these will basically priority number 1. Which mean Russia is entering dangerous territories here. A person have no wartime experience in charge of the entire operation....
Zelenskyy was likely using Starlink.. don't think that Russians can do anything about it :undecided:

I will say what Financial Time editor (forgot her name) said on TV.

Just because Russia confiscated an Apple Store, that does not mean iPhone will magically appear.

Before you said "Oh, how about Huawei, Oppo or Xiao Mi?" You need to know that all of those phone have sanctioned technology (IC, Wifi, Memory Chip and so on), which mean to take over "Western Business" in this case, a phone store, you will need to have your mobile phone company set aside a brand new production line, producing phone just for Russia market that is rid of all Western Sanctioned Technology, or they will risk being sanction themselves. That goes to any sort of advance manufacturing business. You will need to separate your production line, and leave one just for Russia and another one for the rest of the world.

Now the question you need to ask is, would Chinese company willing to open a new production line just for Russia? And that is assuming Russia market can afford anything.
Whats to stop me buying 1,000 apple iPhones in Kazakstan or china and taking them to russia to sell?

Zelenskyy was likely using Starlink.. don't think that Russians can do anything about it :undecided:

They can put him constantly on the move. You can jam their communication, there are a lot of thing the Russia can do but they didn't...

HUMINT, ISTAR or anything the Russian can use to track down Zelenskyy, I mean, have you ever seen Saddam Hussein have 15 minutes to sit down and talk to Russia or their supporter? I mean this guy have made like 10 appearance during a war, I mean, if Russia is seriously mean business, they can use anything they have to track him down and force him to be constantly on the move, take out COMM structure......

Whats to stop me buying 1,000 apple iPhones in Kazakstan or china and taking them to russia to sell?
Nothing. But then you are talking about Black Market. I mean, sure, if you can buy PS4 in China (Playstation was effectively banned in China by the way after the online gaming restriction in China, and was physically banned before 2015) you can get an Iphone in Russia.

But then if the store sold you the iphone get caught, they will probably never be able to sell Iphone again.

And that is if normal Russian can afford a Black market Iphone to begin with.

Last edited:
Also, how much oil and gas you think China needed? You are not talking about hundred billions dollars here and there, you are talking about Trillion of Dollars worth. And do you think Russia on the other hand can afford Trillions dollars worth of Chinese goods? I mean you need people to have money to be able to buy stuff, you cannot just say "Hey I trade you 1 trillions dollar worth of Oil and I sent you 1 trillions worth of electronic" it would be the end of 2030 until Russia can get rid of all those electronic....
Cant russia sell its oil to china and china pay them? they have a bank that facilitates this. RMB:RUB acct. Sounds pretty easy, although I am not an expert on it. China makes everything, Russa could use its RMB reserves to buy whatever it needs.

Russia could also see oil to others for gold. Gold is easy enough to transport and can easily be converted ro RUB or even some hard currency. Its what Iran does.

Why are you so obsessed with Mearsheimer? You're stuck talking about him because someone mentioned him like 10-20 pages earlier.

And yes,I'm not a communist. On the contrary. I'm everything communists despise actually. Greek Orthodox and romantic pro-monarchist 😋

People don't have to be communists to oppose Western invasions.

How about opposing west and east invasions? Anyone with even slightest moral compass can see, that Putins war is a crime

we have heard of that , any body recall this one
800px-Joseph_McCarthy_adjusted.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom