What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
NATO will grow even stronger in Europe, and Russia will now have a permanent enemy in Ukraine. RUssia doesn’t have the military capability to suppress Ukraine over the long term. Putin is hoping to oppress the Ukrainian people and that’s a huge assumption.

The Russian economy will also get wrecked.

Huge blunder for Putin and Russian long term prospects

Time will tell.

Can we keep the thread focused on updates and less on predictions and fantasies?

Ukrainians are idiots, why did they want to join NATO and anger Russia. Why cannot they simply defer this ask and avoid the war?

The background for all of this is the CIA-sponsored regime change project that successfully kicked the pro-Russian regime out. The new regime sought legitimacy and 'progress' through Western alliances and was tempted by the carrot of NATO. This is always a pretty bad strategy UNLESS NATO is willing to send military reinforcements and join you in war, which it isnt.

I've read the part that you were trying to point out. It seemed to me that in the continuation of the context, you were trying to justify it as being a justified reason for the invasion of Ukraine.... In that context I could not agree with you hence my post...

The Germans offered them Helmets lmao....

Why should I justify Ukraine Attack? Putin is not paying me for propaganda. I highlighted that how several reasons are there for Russia to do so.

At-least, the provided the helmet.

Putin aims to re-establish Russian Territorial extant back to its height of Tsar days. He sees it as his ultimate life goal to establish a pan slavic state or a federation centered around Russia no matter the economic/political/military cost.
No.

This is what the lying media portrays. Putin is 'mad'. He wants to re-establish the Soviet Union. Or re-establish the Russian empire.

Everything can be explained by normal political behavior.

I am actually surprised that the Russians took this long to react. Surely post Soviet Union the best option for all would have been to leave Eastern Europe as a buffer and zone of neutrality.

But NATO began marching east soon as the red hammer and sickle came down. It kept on rolling east and then even moved into what were ex-Soviet territories like Latvia, Estonia etc.

Then the chess game was set to checkmate Russia by moving into it;s underbelly in Ukraine - a region of historical Russia. That the Russkies took this level of provocation to react is indicative of how Russia had weakened as a state. Until finally Moscow thought 'enough is enough'.

I just can't believe the ruling elites in US, UK, France are risking third world war for what exactly? Over a ex-Russian territory on the fringes of Europe?

This is how miscalculations are made and millions die .... !

When you face against an onslaught, you should be retreating and hide. Remember how the Taliban lost Afghanistan in short amount of time in the start of the invasion? They retreat and hide in the mountains or neighbor Pakistan.

Yes indeed one should retreat and hide, but it depends on how much firepower you hold against the onslaught forces. Here though Ukrainian forces are weak but have significant systems/weapons to resist against Russians.
Against USA/NATO aggression on Afghanistan, if the Taliban tried to hold, it could be suicidal because they only have AK47s/RPGs/Grenades.
So both are different scenarios, one could not compare it with Afghans. It was their legitimate right to meltdown at that time. But later they proved their mettle.

US expands no-fly zone near Ukraine​

From CNN's Pete Muntean

The US government is expanding the area near Ukraine where American pilots cannot fly.

The Federal Aviation Administration said it is publishing an expanded notice to pilots that will “now cover the entire country of Ukraine, the entire country of Belarus and a western portion of Russia.”

Prior to this announcement, the FAA prohibited operations only in an eastern region of Ukraine – though the Ukrainian airspace was already closed and no US airlines operate flights to or from Ukraine.

The FAA says it is putting out its own bulletin to pilots instead of relying on one from the Ukrainian government “given the circumstances.” The restrictions do not apply to military operations.

The background for all of this is the CIA-sponsored regime change project that successfully kicked the pro-Russian regime out. The new regime sought legitimacy and 'progress' through Western alliances and was tempted by the carrot of NATO. This is always a pretty bad strategy UNLESS NATO is willing to send military reinforcements and join you in war, which it isnt.
This entire mess was created by the West.

Incidentally, the previous democratically regime wasn't 'pro-Russia'. The prime minister realised that as a country of two groups, for it to join Nato will cause tensions that would break the country apart. Not pro-Russian, but pro-Ukraine.

And he was right.

When you face against an onslaught, you should be retreating and hide. Remember how the Taliban lost Afghanistan in short amount of time in the start of the invasion? They retreat and hide in the mountains or neighbor Pakistan.

Exactly that's what NATO thought and believed that Taliban lost. Taliban had no 4.5++ generation fighter jets to face IS invasion or attack so the strategy was to hide and wait for the enemy to enter. What happened for 20 years, is witnessed by the world. Just don't drag lame references.to enforce your point. Such was the mentality of enemy.lost.

USAF AWACS in the skies above the black sea:
1645733193168.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom