What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
No country no matter how small and poor ever stopped fighting because of sanctions .

Iran , North Korea , Iraq etc have lived generations under absolute sanctions .

Russia is an industrial and agricultural giant. Not to mention no shortage of oil and gas or natural resources .
On top it has very large trade route through China which is wide open.

Good luck sanctions ….. other than fast food and fancy consumers goods Russia will barely feel any pinch at all.

Look at the country like Iran …. Despite absolute sanctions they are still flying 40 year old Boeing planes…. Russia is 40 years ahead of Iran.

Not to mention no South American and hardly anyone in the Middle East or SE Asia have imposed sanctions on her.

If I could say 'absolutely right' I would.
Russia has so much going for it in short to medium term. Long term, it will be a greatly reduced nation basically to the west of the Urals (and even then minus the Caucaus) but by then I and probably most of this forum will be part of the Cosmic Dust. We will never know.

Mariupol was a meat grinder that Azov found themselves trapped, while DNR (Donbas People's Republic) warriors were coming from all angles. They're now calling for "help". Azov Neo Nazis got owned!!
Lol the Russians are getting grinded, don't delude yourself

Sadly the thread is now 1100 pages long but a long of valuable mentioned have been posted.

Ultimately Russia is too big to fail and you will see the Ruble rise again because well nations are still buying oil and wheat and influence with Russia including Germany at present.

Interesting to note that Russia is one of the largest supplies of nickel which is in everything from smartphones to smart cars.

The sanctions are hitting Russia more so now that the assets have been frozen but I will reiterate my earlier statement again Russia is just too big to fail.
Why don't you guys learn from history and understand that the term "too big to fail" isn't a correct term?

Nickel is found in many places, stop deluding yourself, Russia is a fraction of the world's economy, the impact on the rest of the world will be miniscule when compared to the impact on Russia.

It can fall but really it has fallen like 15 days ago according to russians and its falling every day , to be honest im realy suprised they are holding there for so long

Polish President Duda is in Ankara. The main agenda is Ukraine and defense relations.

22nd state leader whose visited TR in the last 1 month.

Reactions: Ich

A few hit-and-run attacks or Ukrainian forces hiding within the civilian population are all I see. Russians dominate the air, and their forces are advancing every day. This has been a war between the West and Russia, and from battlefield perspective, Russia is winning.

It can fall but really it has fallen like 15 days ago according to russians and its falling every day , to be honest im realy suprised they are holding there for so long
Whatever happens, nothing changes the fact this whole operation proved how bad the Russian military is, and how it has absolutely no chance against NATO conventionally.

A few hit-and-run attacks or Ukrainian forces hiding within the civilian population are all I see. Russians dominate the air, and their forces are advancing every day. This has been a war between the West and Russia, and from battlefield perspective, Russia is winning.
Dominate? You mean their planes and helicopters dominate their crashing sites

Russia is not winning, it's fighting for an unachievable goal of occupying Ukraine, take Afghanistan and multiply it by 100 and you will have the difficulty the Russians will face against Ukraine

Russians got hands on more Javelin and NLAW and Panzerfaust 3 for reverse engineering and mass production.

Given that most of what Russia is currently using is Soviet era junk with Soviet era tactics - i dont think Russia has the ability to make much of "reverse engineering" anything or even fielding anything if they have managed to copy anything .... this special operation by Putin is the last roll of the dice for some time - the Russians will be neutered from now and their ability to replace lost equipment - let alone modernise will become massively compromised.

Whatever happens, nothing changes the fact this whole operation proved how bad the Russian military is, and how it has absolutely no chance against NATO conventionally.
Few people really know the ground reality. It is probably a well guarded secret for both sides. However, one way to peek into it is through the ongoing negotiation. Negotiation result usually reflects what is happening on the ground. In another word, what is happening on the ground DECIDES the negotiation result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom