What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, if you've or someone has already mentioned this in the thread, then I request you to navigate me to it: I wanted to know can Russia overcome these Sanctions?
Sadly the thread is now 1100 pages long but a long of valuable mentioned have been posted.

Ultimately Russia is too big to fail and you will see the Ruble rise again because well nations are still buying oil and wheat and influence with Russia including Germany at present.

Interesting to note that Russia is one of the largest supplies of nickel which is in everything from smartphones to smart cars.

The sanctions are hitting Russia more so now that the assets have been frozen but I will reiterate my earlier statement again Russia is just too big to fail.

Thrive? Its cut from Europe. Economy, sport and culture completly wiped out. Its smart and young run away

Yes, it is possible Russia could even 'thrive' if it is seen to have achieved its basic goals--which are not impossible-- by the larger world community. Russia has enormous natural resources, the cause I think for Nato's expansion. There was and is nothing to do with 'freedom and democracy'. But that's for another topic.

As for people fleeing Russia?? You being from Greece should know that Greeks have, on per capita in the world, emigrated from Greece in probably the highest numbers but I hear the Greek economy is coming up and people going back and I am happy for Greece! I know a few things about it--I have a Greek lady in my friends circle. Also don't forget that even the most wretched Asian country like Afghanistan managed to get people back when the American Dollars flowed between 2001-2021.
Russia has far better prospects than Greece or Afghanistan and money is like honey to bees!

The arrival of the Russian army near Kyiv is not aimed at the invasion of Ukraine -Putin

(Russian style humor)
Remember this?

1647442200472.jpeg

And yes that is a screenshot from command and conquer the video game 😂

Yes it also included death of 5 generals and complete collapse of logistics. He also planned for 60% of russian assets to be confiscated. Genius!

Let's not kid ourselves with unsubstantiated propaganda, Russia has complete upper hand militarily. The only thing that stops them from going all out is not Ukrainian resistance, it's the prospect of mass civilian casualties that deters the Russian war machine.

All these people talking about russian having no economy after this will shed tears at the success of my fried chicken chain business in Russia.

Prepare yourself for the opportunity that has opened itself after the closure of major international chains!

Edit: will also eventually open stores in the new ukraine as well!
What’s the name of your restaurant? Are you Russian?

No country no matter how small and poor ever stopped fighting because of sanctions .

Iran , North Korea , Iraq etc have lived generations under absolute sanctions .

Russia is an industrial and agricultural giant. Not to mention no shortage of oil and gas or natural resources .
On top it has very large trade route through China which is wide open.

Good luck sanctions ….. other than fast food and fancy consumers goods Russia will barely feel any pinch at all.

Look at the country like Iran …. Despite absolute sanctions they are still flying 40 year old Boeing planes…. Russia is 40 years ahead of Iran.

Not to mention no South American and hardly anyone in the Middle East or SE Asia have imposed sanctions on her.

A ceasefire should be coming up within weeks if not days based on Lavrov and Zellenskyy latest comments. Perhaps Zellensky knows that the West will fight Russia to the last Ukrainian and Russia knows that Russia greatly miscalculated. The two nations are kins for the most part. They know each other.
If Russia manages to block off the sea access for Ukraine and take even a few dozen miles in eastern Ukraine and place Russian weapons targeting Kiev, such a North Korea does to Seoul, and preferably, for Russia, make the Dnieper River as the front line then a big Russian win.
We need to understand this: Russia maybe a pale shadow of its former power but as long as it is willing to take losses to gain territory and as long as it can use its vast natural resources, Russia will more than survive. And it is possible it may even thrive in short to medium term....

I reckon there will be an agreement for a ceasefire, but both sides will rearm for next war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom