What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought some posters say this war was going to be over in 2 days from the beginning.
I never believed that tbh. It's hard to gauge how long this will go. Since there is tons of disinfo from US and NATO. And comedic, I mean BJP RSS levels of disinfo and clownary from Ukrainians.

Russian perspective has totally been shut down. So it's hard to gauge.

Russia despite losses continues to gain territory. Ukrainians are armed to the teeth by NATO. Both sides are flying in foreign fighters. After this weekend and into next week things will get very intense given Russians now also flying in battle hardened fighters from overseas. We might see the moral-less conscripts falling back and giving way to better caliber of troops.

Above is all conjecture tho.

Strategictly Russia already lost on 27.02.2022, when this happended:
One door closes another opens.

Your parents are South Vietnam refugee, relocated to Hong Kong?
Let me put things in prespective.

Sino-Vietnamese War is in 1978-1979 (My mother left before it ends) I was born in 1980s

Can you just do the maths for once?

I will also give you another 2 hints, my dad is a Chicano. And people took a boat to Hong Kong may not settle in Hong Kong. Now, put the dot together if you will, I am not going further with this conversation

Some don't realize that according to most accurate estimates Russia has lost up to 6.000 soldiers,if we apply a ratio of killed to wounded at 1 for 3 that's close to 20.000 soldiers wounded and put out of action,out of the ~200.000 soldiers mobilized,not even adding more than one thousand vehicles assessed as lost. (destroyed,captured,abandoned),that's huge.

Not even adding losses of the DPR and LNR. But "operation is going according to the plans".

Russians have been proved to hide ammunations and weapons in vehicles marked with the red cross.

Just bomb them.
This is evidence that Russia lost 4 general that we knows of 5 if you count the "Maybe" that was brought down in Hostemol the other day. (It was said that Ukrainian brought down 3 general in that battle)

You don't generally lose your general unless the enemy is cutting that deep into your line, which mean by then you would have looking at 1000s of deaths and wounded. And that's just 1 general. Unless you are telling me Russian is stupid enough to have 2 or more general going on the same truck/car/plane. That mean you are looking at possible 5 digit lost for Russia.

Another thing is, all these is before they really go down street by street fighting in any of the major city that they need to take (Kharkiv, Odessa, Kyiv, Dnipro and Mairupol) You are expecting casualty to go up exponentially when they start go into urban conflict.

Let me put things in prespective.

Sino-Vietnamese War is in 1978-1979 (My mother left before it ends) I was born in 1980s

Can you just do the maths for once?

I will also give you another 2 hints, my dad is a Chicano. And people took a boat to Hong Kong may not settle in Hong Kong. Now, put the dot together if you will, I am not going further with this conversation
Thanks, just curious because of your Chinese flag.

the Russian casualities has been overstated imho. I see this from an angle free of bias and the truth is always somewhere in the middle of what both rivals are claiming
You can make an educated guess from the number of Staff/Flag officer Russia lost.

At this point Russia lost 4 generals, 6 or 7 LTC/Col, all those are from official Russian source.

You usually don't get to Staff/Flag Officer until your enemy reached into their line (which was defended by thousand of troop.) So you can estimate the number of troop lost (Killed/Wounded/Missing/Capture) by how many lost in command position.

1 General would usually corresponded to 2000 + Casualty
1 Colonel would usually corresponded to 1000+ Casualty
1 LTC would usually corresponded to 800+ Casualty

Considering General commanding a Division or Army with 12,000 + troop, and a Colonel command a Brigade with 6000+ troop and 1 LTC control a battalion with 600-1000 troop.

This is evidence that Russia lost 4 general that we knows of 5 if you count the "Maybe" that was brought down in Hostemol the other day. (It was said that Ukrainian brought down 3 general in that battle)

You don't generally lose your general unless the enemy is cutting that deep into your line, which mean by then you would have looking at 1000s of deaths and wounded. And that's just 1 general. Unless you are telling me Russian is stupid enough to have 2 or more general going on the same truck/car/plane. That mean you are looking at possible 5 digit lost for .

What a ridiculous thing to say. Military culture plays a huge role in where a general is on the battlefield

It appears that Russia has adopted the Iranian style jn syria. They also lost a general there who was personally on the field directing his troops

Iran lost alot of top officers including general hanadani who was the second mos senior officer in suria after soleimani. Though it was not in vain as it played a huge role in the syrian forces comeback

It is a massive morale boost when a high ranking officer is personally on the frontline with his men. And shows incredible bravery

A very famous example of this was the battles of bint jbail and maroon ar ras between hezbollah and israel.

Zionist officers were sitting safely in a comfortable car giving orders to their men

While hezbollah commanders such as khalid bazzi.

Disobeyed personal orders from nasrallah to leave bint jbail as another commander was there and there was no need to risk them both. He replied that “i will leave as a martyr”

He personally fought israelis, gave them a huge bloody nose in those battles that convinced them to retreat and accept humiliating defeat.

There are pros and cons to both approaches. Its all about culture and the personal character of the officers in my opinion

Horror claim Ukraine war is 'fake' sparks frenzy – Kyiv accused of using 'crisis actors'​

Latest images from Ukraine:-

1647054355898.png

I never believed that tbh. It's hard to gauge how long this will go. Since there is tons of disinfo from US and NATO. And comedic, I mean BJP RSS levels of disinfo and clownary from Ukrainians.

Russian perspective has totally been shut down. So it's hard to gauge.

Russia despite losses continues to gain territory. Ukrainians are armed to the teeth by NATO. Both sides are flying in foreign fighters. After this weekend and into next week things will get very intense given Russians now also flying in battle hardened fighters from overseas. We might see the moral-less conscripts falling back and giving way to better caliber of troops.

Above is all conjecture tho.

One door closes another opens.

The Situation is like this:
The second military power on the planet according to: https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.php?country_id=russia fights the poorest country in Europe... and gets.... stuck in the mud. Does not achieve their goals for 2 weeks+, maybe it will further with huge costs. Now it`s already getting desperate and shoots civilians, which is an outrage.

Ukrainians got training and light weapons from NATO and yes, they have learnt and improved their QUALITY by this, but their morale makes the difference here. In the end the whole thing is extremely tragic and sad. In eastern UA Russians are shooting other russians for nobody knows what end ?

btw. "flying in battle hardened fighters from overseas" - yeah, middle east, africa ? it`s -10 C there, this is "rather cold" for eastern european and for those troops it will be shocking. I want to see this.

The Situation is like this:
The second military power on the planet according to: https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.php?country_id=russia fights the poorest country in Europe... and gets.... stuck in the mud. Does not achieve their goals for 2 weeks+, maybe it will further with huge costs. Now it`s already getting desperate and shoots civilians, which is an outrage.

Ukrainians got training and light weapons from NATO and yes, they have learnt and improved their QUALITY by this, but their morale makes the difference here. In the end the whole thing is extremely tragic and sad. In eastern UA Russians are shooting other russians for nobody knows what end ?

btw. "flying in battle hardened fighters from overseas" - yeah, middle east, africa ? it`s -10 C there, this is "rather cold" for eastern european and for those troops it will be shocking. I want to see this.
I came from 37°C weather to sub zero temps as well. It's not as big of a deal you make it out to be. With proper gear. Without proper gear even natives would struggle as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom