What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your opinion. I think something in the middle. The end effect would be Russia rotting into a grey zone between China nad Europe. Something like a European-Chinese Condominium, The guys in Russia are just too emotional, not calculating, not looking on the numbers.

I think that it would be a mistake to assume that Russia will become a, non-entity, a larger version of North Korea.

More likely, Russia's break from the West will encourage many countries that are hiding in the closet to come out. These are countries that are acting like they're pro-West, but they're only doing it out of fear. When they see an alternative they will jump into the Sino-Russian camp.

There are many countries, especially Muslim, were the public is anti-Western because of recent experience, but they have pro-West rulers. These may be overthrown or switch sides. There could be 'achromatic' revolutions (opposite of colour) to overthrow pro-West rulers and replace them with pro-Sino-Russian ones.

There will also be countries that remain in the Western camp but will become defiant. This is already visible with the behaviour of some Arab countries that wouldn't talk to Biden.

Every country will be forced to decide between one side or the other, like during the Cold War. Lots of smaller wars and revolutions etc. A lot of things will be going on in the future.

I came from 37°C weather to sub zero temps as well. It's not as big of a deal you make it out to be. With proper gear. Without proper gear even natives would struggle as well.
If you are now used to this, it`s could be a problem. Have you ever dealt with a cold of < -10C ?

I think that it would be a mistake to assume that Russia will become a, non-entity, a larger version of North Korea.

More likely, Russia's break from the West will encourage many countries that are hiding in the closet to come out. These are countries that are acting like they're pro-West, but they're only doing it out of fear. When they see an alternative they will jump into the Sino-Russian camp.

There are many countries, especially Muslim, were the public is anti-Western because of recent experience, but they have pro-West rulers. These may be overthrown or switch sides. There could be 'achromatic' revolutions (opposite of colour) to overthrow pro-West rulers and replace them with pro-Sino-Russian ones.

There will also be countries that remain in the Western camp but will become defiant. This is already visible with the behaviour of some Arab countries that wouldn't talk to Biden.

Every country will be forced to decide between one side or the other, like during the Cold War. Lots of smaller wars and revolutions etc. A lot of things will be going on in the future.
Plenty of Muslim, Latin and African countries fall under this category. That’s a huge chunk of the global population.

If you are now used to this, it`s could be a problem. Have you ever dealt with a cold of < -10C ?
Routinely that's kinda I want to move to Texas or something. Not necessarily cuz of the weather. More because of the seasonal disorder.

1647062259167.png

1647062313078.png

1647062401819.png

1647062454985.png

Plenty of Muslim, Latin and African countries fall under this category. That’s a huge chunk of the global population.
The UN vote clearly shows that it's mostly rich white nations and their minions/poodles on a leash. Who are pro Ukrainian. Others I think can see quite clearly through their bs.

It’s putins own fault, he surrounded himself with yes men who were afraid to contradict him.

I think sergei was about to make a move. Or you could be right. He could just be a yes man fell prey.

But all the Intel failures that are happening I think Sergei and a chunk of FSB were growing disgruntled or colluding with US.

Side note:
Seriously when I look at how Russia has been otherized and humiliated since 90s. Even though when they wanted to become part of the "West"it all seems really unjust and unfair to me.

I read it somewhere it is because of the reason that they want United States to come to their rescue in Yemen War otherwise they very well know that they can be toppled in a day at the max.They are just throwing tantrums.

It’s putins own fault, he surrounded himself with yes men who were afraid to contradict him.

"The Fifth Service was responsible for providing Putin with intelligence on political developments in Ukraine on the eve of the invasion. And it looks like two weeks into the war, it finally dawned on Putin that he was completely misled. The department, fearful of his responses, seems to have told Putin what he wanted to hear."
.... This is the problem with most draconian authoritarian leaders.... They are often told everything is fine by yes men because honest feedback is feared as there may be reprisal by the dictator who can't hear the critical truth...

What a ridiculous thing to say. Military culture plays a huge role in where a general is on the battlefield

It appears that Russia has adopted the Iranian style jn syria. They also lost a general there who was personally on the field directing his troops

Iran lost alot of top officers including general hanadani who was the second mos senior officer in suria after soleimani. Though it was not in vain as it played a huge role in the syrian forces comeback

It is a massive morale boost when a high ranking officer is personally on the frontline with his men. And shows incredible bravery

A very famous example of this was the battles of bint jbail and maroon ar ras between hezbollah and israel.

Zionist officers were sitting safely in a comfortable car giving orders to their men

While hezbollah commanders such as khalid bazzi.

Disobeyed personal orders from nasrallah to leave bint jbail as another commander was there and there was no need to risk them both. He replied that “i will leave as a martyr”

He personally fought israelis, gave them a huge bloody nose in those battles that convinced them to retreat and accept humiliating defeat.

There are pros and cons to both approaches. Its all about culture and the personal character of the officers in my opinion
Well, it depends on what kind of Battlefield Information Support you have. General goes up front is not at all a valid option because General is the person who stand behind the entire operation. When you are in that particular Part of Battlefield, you only able to see how that part of battlefield doing, if you are the guy who plan the whole thing, you need to look at the Big Picture. Which is something you will not get when you are standing at the frontline.

It may make sense for Iranian Army or Hezbollah to have the General to be as close to the front as possible because their Battlespace Awareness is most certainly lower than Russia or US or even non-existence, you don't have a lot of Satellite, ISTAR asset, Joint Intelligence Service asset to provide you with the latest movement on the ground within your AO, maybe you need to move closer to the front, but Russia are very much in a matured state of all those, General Staff don't really need to go up to the front line and risk getting shot for information.

Professional Force in the East (Russia, China) and West (US UK, France) do not depend on "Morale" factor the general give you, we are not fighting in medieval time when leading up front and charge is one of the valid strategy to attack your enemy. In fact, when a general come into the frontline and started to kick your ***, that's where you know your advance is not going anywhere.

Think of it like this, there are generally 10-20 Theater General deployed with the troop in battle, that's 20 brains at most to all battle related decision, they lost 4 (or 25-40%) of that brain. That's a big lost in case you are wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom