What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

actually the Leopard 2A6 main upgrade is in armour protection

Did you read my posts?

Leopard 2A6 is not survivable on the level of M1 Abrams.

Thats news to me bro. Share the footage ? C

I wouldn't be sure about that. Saudis and Muslims in general are much braver than Europeans. Even the very secular Syrian army fought much better in the brutal Syrian civil war than Europeans ever did.

Russians and Iranians helped Assad regime defeat Syrian rebels while US-led forces defeated ISIS.

Assad regime has nothing to show on the level of Ukraine in warfighting capacity on its own.

all this are on paper , you can say that about them when they become battle tested against an adversary.

Not on paper but in reality.

M1A2 SEP baseline armor is better than that of T-90S with Kontakt-5 ERA.
M1A2 SEP can withstand a mine or an IED as witnessed in Iraq.

M1A2SEPv2 baseline armor was improved.
M1A2SEPv2 can also be equipped with TUSK II ERA.

M1A2SEPv3 baseline armor is completely revisited.
M1A2SEPv3 can also be equipped with TUSK II ERA.
M1A2SEPv3 can also be equipped with Trophy APS.

M1A2SEPv3 is a massive leap from M1A2 SEP in 2004 in all aspects. This is why I stated that "The latest M1A2C can move over IEDs and mines and stop ATGMs. This thing is a tank in true sense of the word."

Not on paper but in reality.

M1A2 SEP baseline armor is better than that of T-90S with Kontakt-5 ERA.
M1A2 SEP can withstand a mine or an IED as witnessed in Iraq.

M1A2SEPv2 baseline armor was improved.
M1A2SEPv2 can also be equipped with TUSK II ERA.

M1A2SEPv3 baseline armor is completely revisited.
M1A2SEPv3 can also be equipped with TUSK II ERA.
M1A2SEPv3 can also be equipped with Trophy APS.

M1A2SEPv3 is a massive leap from M1A2 SEP in 2004 in all aspects. This is why I stated that "The latest M1A2C can move over IEDs and mines and stop ATGMs. This thing is a tank in true sense of the word."

there is no way these tanks can be used in large flat country like Ukraine

the jet engine on the Abram relies on a huge logistics base with fuel

used singly in Ukraine their service would be cut way to short and Iraqis knocked out M1 with RPG to back of the M1 due to poor cover at the rear due to the hot exhaust escapes

M1 is the most over rated tank in history

btw the latest M1 costs over $25 million each when you add in all the share of the nightmare logistics

thats 6-7x cost of a T90, this would never work

if you really want to look at a World Class tank look at the Leopard 2A7+ or 2A8

there is no way these tanks can be used in large flat country like Ukraine

the jet engine on the Abram relies on a huge logistics base with fuel

used singly in Ukraine their service would be cut way to short and Iraqis knocked out M1 with RPG to back of the M1 due to poor cover at the rear due to the hot exhaust escapes

M1 is the most over rated tank in history

btw the latest M1 costs over $25 million each when you add in all the share of the nightmare logistics

thats 6-7x cost of a T90, this would never work

Abrams needs active protection system to be viable in modern war. Without that, it's just dessert for Kornet. It's just like Pak 44 shooting up Sherman.

UMPK which is Russian counterpart of JDAM

Last edited:
actually the Leopard 2A6 main upgrade is in armour protection

Wrong
Leo2 A6 use exactly the same armor as the A5.... the main different was the gun moved from 120L44 to 120L55

the first real armor upgrade on german used Leo2 (since Leo2A5) happen with the Leo2 A6M (mine protection) and with the A7V updated frontal proection + mine protection (same as danish Leo2 A7M DK)

the Strv 122, Leo2 A6 S, Leo2 A6 GR have armor upgrades over the normal A5/6 too

The new ordered (Germany and Finnland) Leo2 A8 gets completely new build chassis

Summer Operations | Both Sides Are Deploying Reserves. Military Summary For 2023.07.15

Back
Top Bottom