What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

How are you guys defining defeat? That Russia leaves pre war Ukriane Russia borders? Or reaches a settlement with Ukraine and Europe where Russia manages to annex some parts of Ukraine in exchange for ceasefire.

I think Russia and Ukraine and Europe might settle for the latter eventually. Economic war is damaging Europe and Russia alike. Ukraine wants to stop the war obviously as it is the only nation being actively destroyed by the war effects directly. But would Ukraine settle for Russia annexing parts of it? Even if just annexing smaller sections than the four new territories that Russia unilaterally declared as annexed?

I doubt Russia would settle for no annexation. It would not be able to face its people if it did that without total government change. So the question is if Ukraine will accept Russia's minimum demands on giving Russia certain lands official control over.
If there was a ceasefire right now, it wouldn't last long since I have said before that Putin wants Ukraine and Ukraine wants all their territories back. I mean looking at the map, does it look like something where both nations can agree to a settlement of some kind right now?

Ukraine-adavances-11.11.jpg

I think Russia is preparing 120,000 of the mobilised troops to be trained by Spring 2023, followed up by another 240,000 troops by summer, they have 6 months to solve the HIMAR problem

at the start of the War Ukraine drones were hammering the Russians, laser pointers were "painting" the ground vehicles and laser guided shells from artillery were finding their marks with deadly accuracy even if the Russian vehicles were moving, Russia found a way to jam the drones and neutralise them by summer the drone issue was solved and Russian marched forward

I wonder if Russia has ever captured a HIMAR, they would be too valuable and getting a block on their GPS signals would go a long way in solving the HIMAR problem

if Russian can solve HIMAR issue and train enough troops I wonder if we will see the historical and tradition Russian counter attack which broke the back of Napoleon and Wehrmacht, a Russian withdrawal always has me nervous and reminds me of the calm before the storm
Ukraine is next door to Russia and they still can't jammed the GPS.

The Russian have 3 Defensive line on the other side of Dnieper opposite Kherson, another one at the 2 choke points from Crossing into Crimea.

Would not say the 3 lines are the best place for Russian troop to be in now. It's out in the open and out in the cold. At least Ukrainian would have building cover or basement for winter. Russian winter in the Kherson line would be like in a WW1 style trenches. And they can't go anywhere because doing so will just abandoning their position completely in Kherson and Southern Zaporizhya
And open to artillery and missile attacks while they are static and keep them diverted. Now obviously beside artillery but they can use the drones as their aviation force since there don't have modern PGMs on their actual aircraft. I like the Ukrainian drone that drops a large mortar size. Maybe the U.S. and NATO can provide the materials and technology for a bigger or powerful version to carry a 120 mortar round with GPS.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F928c5220-9a45-11ec-8194-a993851c15ba.jpg

Screen-Shot-2022-03-03-at-16.57.58.jpg

Or something similar to the Chinese Loong 5. Vertical launch capability and carry multiple mortars.
loong-5.jpg

Something I failed to see from Russia side is Russian missiles being very less destructive. Compare to American weapons we seen in Iraq shock and awe and Syria airbase attacked by trump we saw a missile causing massive damage , is it due to low payload in Russian missiles ?
Russian missile payloads are larger. Problem is the low number of missiles they can fire constantly. Hence the need for Iranian weaponry like ballistic missiles and drones.

There is one important factor that gives Russia an edge i.e. Russia has marked the entire Ukrainian territory for missile attacks. Ukraine/Nato don't have that against Russia yet.
Russia can use it to damage infrastructure whenever it wants unless Ukraine get a technology to intercept each and every incoming missile. Until that time Russia can hit power stations or other critical supplies. How long can Ukrainians survive without power?

Other factor is uncapped help from USA. What happens to Ukraine when that stops? Militarily, Ukraine became Russia's Afghanistan. Financially, Ukraine can become America's Afghanistan 2.0. A military that they have to keep funding or it will collapse.

Without the NATo arms supplies, Ukraine would have been gone. Putin underestimated Bidens wokeness. However irratating Trump was, he would have asked NATo to sign a treaty against expansion into Ukraine. All of this happened because of the greedy West, Ukraine is a large piece of bacon.

My bet is Russia can now concentrate attacking the East. China is the kingmaker here, that's why Biden wants to meet uncle Xi.

@sammuel

BAE Systems has successfully fired its LR-PGK from the U.S. Army’s ERCA at Yuma Proving Ground.

BAE Systems has successfully fired its Long-Range Precision Guidance Kit (LR-PGK) for 155mm artillery projectiles from the U.S. Army’s Extended Range Cannon Artillery (ERCA) at Yuma Proving Ground, demonstrating airframe structural survivability under extreme firing conditions. The LR-PGK improves the accuracy of unguided artillery projectiles with low-cost navigation and guidance technology.

The guidance kit combines anti-jam GPS sensors with control planes that enable projectile maneuverability throughout flight, and is compatible with existing and future artillery projectiles. The ERCA survivability tests are a critical milestone for LR-PGK. The propellant blast, gun barrel pressure, and muzzle velocity truly tested the system’s resiliency.

“The LR-PGK has demonstrated its ability to help the U.S. Army deliver accurate fires up to 70 kilometers and meet mission objectives with fewer shots,” said James McDonough, LR-PGK program director. “Adding precision guidance to standard munitions enables our customers to engage targets with greater efficiency and reduce collateral damage.”

The evolving LR-PGK is helping the U.S. Army address its need for long range precision fires. BAE Systems continues to advance the system design to improve capabilities, manufacturing readiness, and affordability. Following the tests, the company is focusing on long-range guidance, navigation, and projectile flight control. The kits must demonstrate their ability to operate at high spin rates, in challenging atmospheric conditions, and in the presence of enemy signal-jamming.

lol, remember you are replying to a person who know probably the square root of nothing about fighting and has been blindly follow what the Russian told him except the call for people like him to fight for Russia (Which even people like him wouldn't answer, that's saying something)

What Ukraine did by pushing Russian out of Kherson is that it completely occupied the land West of Dnieper. Which mean they can use the river as a Natural Defence and free up all the troop along the entire frontline and only leave a few brigades to guard the entrance and approach. And this is what it looks like in Kherson Area BEFORE Russian line collapse

View attachment 895779

Each of those unit with an "X" on top of their box is a Brigade, there are 14 Brigades in the frontline itself, and 2 further back (1 in Mykolaiv and 1 in Vysokopillia) Another 2 in Krivyi Rih which is no longer the frontline.
Thats a lot of units at Mykolaiv. Excluding anti air units, do they need that many at the city now?

Russia will surely demand that Ukraine stay out of NATO and possibly also stay out of EU. What if they said yes? Well resuming the war for starters. If Russia decides that's a bad trap to be caught in, then they are out of options. Nuking of course is not an option but it's Russia also ... so...

They can surely demand, but as I said, who will have the pull depends on the situation on the ground, Ukraine "may" or actually agreed to in Feb when they themselves have doubt they are going to be overrun. They literally said they are okay to all the term Putin set out before the war (i think 2 days before the war) and Putin reject it and send troop into Ukraine.

Now, if we are talking about April, on the high of Russian retreat from Kyiv, their first defeat. Ukraine may consider terms that probably slightly disadvantage toward them, in order to have the war stopped. Remember there were still high level talk between Ukraine and Russia via Turkey and other third party (I don't remember which country host them) but Russia did not response to those talk.

Then in September, When Ukraine expelled Russian in Kharkiv, talk were not even mentioned, Ukraine just keep on going with their Kherson offensive which I called back then and pro Putin member laugh at my face saying Kherson cannot be taken. They just keep grinding away, they don't even want to talk to the Russian. Because simply there are nothing Russia can offer to the Ukrainian at that moment.

Now in November, Ukraine pushed Russian away and quite frankly in a strategic advantage position regarding the entire war, Ukraine have more free troop to spare than Russian, and higher morale. If Russia want a talk now, and demand Ukraine not to join NATO or EU, would you think Ukraine would even consider that??
t

Sure the Ukraine doesn't trust Russia. What are its options then?

1. continue war as is with the hope of pushing Russia out. There is simply no way that can be done without western supplies increasing. Ukraine also does not have infinite men and ammo.

2. settle in which case the Russians are likely to demand those conditions in exchange for ceasefire which obviously benefits Ukraine more than it benefits Russia since the war is in Ukraine and not in Russia (not treating annexed lands as Russia).

3. continue and up the effort to push Russia into settling under more favorable deals with Ukraine.

Ukraine is picking option 3 for now. They require more men and material to keep up the effort.

You're suggesting other options involving Ukraine joining NATO?

It may consider and say so but will it do it and will NATO accept? Because you cannot ignore that Russia will respond to that since it is its declared strategic goal after all. So why ignore that entirely and simply claim as if you are absolutely right that Ukraine will have to join NATO for future security. Isn't that ignoring the whole supposed reason for actual direct kinetic war? Just to say okay we're both bloody now and I'm gonna join NATO. Russia would have nothing to say? I think that's delusional.
Again, there are no "favorable deal" with Ukraine unless it involves NATO or NATO like membership, any "favorable" deal would be temporary because as I said before, you cannot guarantee Russia not to attack Ukraine again in the future or you cannot assure Western Support the next time around.

And also, whether or not Ukraine joining NATO is not a matter for Russia to consider, it is for NATO to consider. Russia can say what they want but they don't control who got let into NATO and who don't. If Ukraine strike a deal with US or NATO, then Ukraine will join NATO, Russia can declare war on NATO if that happen, but unless they want to either lost really badly and really quick or lost with the entire world with it, that's quite stupid for something that won't hurt your own country.

As for whether or not Ukraine will be endorsed by NATO, I have already posted my point of view, NATO would be stupid to let Ukraine go back to Russia or even Chinese camp, as there are substantial amount of NATO technology and inner NATO knowledge Ukraine process, Ukrainian is basically fighting with NATO playbook and imagine that kind of knowledge and hardware going to Russian side and Chinese side, how that will hurt NATO?? I mean HIMARS, Bayratkar, IRIS-T and other advance NATO weapon all goes to Russia and China.......That would have been a disaster for NATO for sure.

The more NATO supply arms and more advance the arms they send, the more likely Ukraine will join, and that is not up for Russian to discuss.

Russia is not going to use nukes even if Ukraine joins NATO or EU. And considering as you said, Ukraine doesn't trust Russia's word since the violation of the Budapest Memorandum in respect to their territory, its easy to see why Ukraine wants to join NATO, obviously right now NATO countries don't want to go to war with Russia. But at the same time we don't want any future conflicts or war in Ukraine after all this. So having Ukraine in NATO is the best security guarantee that Ukraine as for, unless we go to another best alternative option for all sides including Russia. A very strong Ukrainian military that can handle any future war with Russia from western aircraft to tanks to cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, etc.
Another reason is that EU cannot and will not deal with Ukrainian Refugee and Energy Crisis 2.0. The only way they can do that is to have a stablised Eastern front, and the only way that can do that is to accept Ukrainian NATO membership. What Ukraine need to do is to degenerate Russia to a point that it will take them a long time to recover and hence cannot threaten the stability around Europe, because rest assure, even if Ukraine joined NATO, Russia is not just going to stop there, there are still a few non-NATO member in Europe Russia can bully. And they will if Ukraine joined NATO. Only if Russia conventional capability being decayed to a point that it cannot used to threaten other country, would NATO consider Ukraine membership.

They can surely demand, but as I said, who will have the pull depends on the situation on the ground, Ukraine "may" or actually agreed to in Feb when they themselves have doubt they are going to be overrun. They literally said they are okay to all the term Putin set out before the war (i think 2 days before the war) and Putin reject it and send troop into Ukraine.

Now, if we are talking about April, on the high of Russian retreat from Kyiv, their first defeat. Ukraine may consider terms that probably slightly disadvantage toward them, in order to have the war stopped. Remember there were still high level talk between Ukraine and Russia via Turkey and other third party (I don't remember which country host them) but Russia did not response to those talk.

Then in September, When Ukraine expelled Russian in Kharkiv, talk were not even mentioned, Ukraine just keep on going with their Kherson offensive which I called back then and pro Putin member laugh at my face saying Kherson cannot be taken. They just keep grinding away, they don't even want to talk to the Russian. Because simply there are nothing Russia can offer to the Ukrainian at that moment.

Now in November, Ukraine pushed Russian away and quite frankly in a strategic advantage position regarding the entire war, Ukraine have more free troop to spare than Russian, and higher morale. If Russia want a talk now, and demand Ukraine not to join NATO or EU, would you think Ukraine would even consider that??
t

Again, there are no "favorable deal" with Ukraine unless it involves NATO or NATO like membership, any "favorable" deal would be temporary because as I said before, you cannot guarantee Russia not to attack Ukraine again in the future or you cannot assure Western Support the next time around.

And also, whether or not Ukraine joining NATO is not a matter for Russia to consider, it is for NATO to consider. Russia can say what they want but they don't control who got let into NATO and who don't. If Ukraine strike a deal with US or NATO, then Ukraine will join NATO, Russia can declare war on NATO if that happen, but unless they want to either lost really badly and really quick or lost with the entire world with it, that's quite stupid for something that won't hurt your own country.

As for whether or not Ukraine will be endorsed by NATO, I have already posted my point of view, NATO would be stupid to let Ukraine go back to Russia or even Chinese camp, as there are substantial amount of NATO technology and inner NATO knowledge Ukraine process, Ukrainian is basically fighting with NATO playbook and imagine that kind of knowledge and hardware going to Russian side and Chinese side, how that will hurt NATO?? I mean HIMARS, Bayratkar, IRIS-T and other advance NATO weapon all goes to Russia and China.......That would have been a disaster for NATO for sure.

The more NATO supply arms and more advance the arms they send, the more likely Ukraine will join, and that is not up for Russian to discuss.

It's not up to Russia to discuss but Russia's response to Ukraine joining NATO post any settlement would be on the mind of NATO and Ukraine.

The question then becomes how would Russia respond if at all and if so, would NATO and Ukraine be okay with it. How does NATO and Ukraine anticipate Russian response will not necessarily be the Russian response either.

As for NATO weapons being used by Ukraine, well yes that is a point of concern for NATO in regards to any post settlement changes. If settlement is for ceasefire in return for Russia holding some land of Ukraine's, NATO equipment will either remain in Ukraine or go back to NATO. It doesn't mean their information and details would be delivered to Russia. NATO hasn't actually sent much advanced equipment or weapons to Ukraine. The only advanced stuff being used or helped is NATO ISR equipment which is operated by NATO and not by Ukraine. Anyway that is still a valid point it's just that you assumed there would be a total Russian takeover in future and there would not be western support then but the current NATO equipment in Ukraine would remain in Ukraine for Russia to capture in that hypothetical future Russian invasion that takes those equipment. Big stretch.

NATO membership permission will depend on how NATO considers Russia will respond and how Russia actually responds. Ukraine would want to join NATO post any settlement as you said due to how they can be sure Russia won't invade and if they did, would make it harder for Russia. But whether or not Ukraine can join will also depend on how Ukraine considers the chance of NATO allowing membership of Ukraine and how Russia will respond to Ukraine formally asking to join.

Ukraine might think well what if we ask to join and that worries Russia and puts Russia into war mode again but NATO does not allow. That would **** them up even more and give Russia their initial allegation that Ukraine wants to join NATO which has been part of Russia's claim for initiating the war. It's not as simple as you said.

Do you think NATO will allow Ukraine to join and do you think Ukraine would make that move? Are you not ignoring how NATO and Ukraine would be worried about how Russia would respond? Considering all this is hypothetically after a settlement for ceasefire is agreed by both sides. then Ukriane decides to join NATO and NATO accepts. How russia would respond would depend on how much appetite and capability they have for war on one side and on the other side, how NATO will consider it a risk. Ukraine joins means Article 5 in action and maybe Russia is deterred by that if Ukraine goes ahead. Maybe Russia is not. And this risk assessment is surely on the minds of NATO and Ukraine, but not your's.

And open to artillery and missile attacks while they are static and keep them diverted. Now obviously beside artillery but they can use the drones as their aviation force since there don't have modern PGMs on their actual aircraft. I like the Ukrainian drone that drops a large mortar size. Maybe the U.S. and NATO can provide the materials and technology for a bigger or powerful version to carry a 120 mortar round with GPS.

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F928c5220-9a45-11ec-8194-a993851c15ba.jpg

Screen-Shot-2022-03-03-at-16.57.58.jpg

Or something similar to the Chinese Loong 5. Vertical launch capability and carry multiple mortars.
loong-5.jpg
They need conventional air power to try to neutralise Russian position on the other side, artillery can do the trick, but you would need a lot of those.

If conventional air power is unavailable, a large quantity of drone will do.

Thats a lot of units at Mykolaiv. Excluding anti air units, do they need that many at the city now?
That was before the collapse of the entire Russian line, I think that picture is on Nov 9 or Nov 10.

Back then Mykolaiv could still be attacked by land and sea had Russian broken thru the Ukrainian frontline, now the front line is moved to Kherson, expect the same amount of concentration in Kherson if not more, and expecting the unit now in the rear (Mykolaiv and Kryvyi Rih or even Dnipro (which have 3 brigades in the area) to move forward.

Then...
1668234255408.png

Now...
1668234328767.png

What a difference 24 hours makes when you have a people hellbent on defending their motherland.

Also, Putinsky's zombie army beat such a fast paced and comical retreat that they left behind a huge cache of ammo for the Ukranian army:

1668234416258.png

Meanwhile in Moscow:

It's not up to Russia to discuss but Russia's response to Ukraine joining NATO post any settlement would be on the mind of NATO and Ukraine.

The question then becomes how would Russia respond if at all and if so, would NATO and Ukraine be okay with it. How does NATO and Ukraine anticipate Russian response will not necessarily be the Russian response either.

Seriously, what do you think Russia "Can" do??

You can't start a war with NATO, you start using nuke, everybody dies, you are not economically big enough to threaten NATO and Ukraine. The only thing Russia can do, and probably already had done, is to warm up to China and become their vassal, on the other hand, would China want this particular hot mess when the Chinese themselves have Taiwan in their mind??

As for NATO weapons being used by Ukraine, well yes that is a point of concern for NATO in regards to any post settlement changes. If settlement is for ceasefire in return for Russia holding some land of Ukraine's, NATO equipment will either remain in Ukraine or go back to NATO. It doesn't mean their information and details would be delivered to Russia. NATO hasn't actually sent much advanced equipment or weapons to Ukraine. The only advanced stuff being used or helped is NATO ISR equipment which is operated by NATO and not by Ukraine. Anyway that is still a valid point it's just that you assumed there would be a total Russian takeover in future and there would not be western support then but the current NATO equipment in Ukraine would remain in Ukraine for Russia to capture in that hypothetical future Russian invasion that takes those equipment. Big stretch.

That equipment is NOT going back to NATO, NATO will not come back and ask for everything back after this war. Those stuff stays in Ukraine.

The problem of those equipment is big, not the biggest concern, Ukraine is using NATO playbook to fight Russia, everything from fieldcraft to tactics down to intelligence operation are adopted by the Ukrainian, otherwise we can't feed them intel and they can't use it even if we do. THAT, is the serious problem, because I know how NATO work, but if I do tell you how NATO fight war, or how US fight war, then I will have 20 years waiting for me back in Leavenworth, Kansas. If you know what I know completely, you can plan how to fight NATO off, because you know how NATO operate, then in any wargame you don't just guess what would NATO do, but you will know EXACTLY what would NATO do, and that's the problem.

Step back a bit, do you know why Ukraine is very successful on resisting invasion and capturing Russian land in counter attack? That's because they know what Russian will do, they were trained with Russian doctrine until at least 2014. Unless Russia had written the entire doctrine from scratch since 2014, that playbook, the one that Ukraine know, will be used against Ukraine, and Ukraine would know how NATO could counter those doctrine, because they know both sides. And to a lesser extend how China would react because Chinese Doctrine build on Russian/Soviet Doctrine. Which mean not only Ukraine is a really valued partner but also a serious liability if it changes side.

NATO membership permission will depend on how NATO considers Russia will respond and how Russia actually responds. Ukraine would want to join NATO post any settlement as you said due to how they can be sure Russia won't invade and if they did, would make it harder for Russia. But whether or not Ukraine can join will also depend on how Ukraine considers the chance of NATO allowing membership of Ukraine and how Russia will respond to Ukraine formally asking to join.

Ukraine might think well what if we ask to join and that worries Russia and puts Russia into war mode again but NATO does not allow. That would **** them up even more and give Russia their initial allegation that Ukraine wants to join NATO which has been part of Russia's claim for initiating the war. It's not as simple as you said.

How does it worry them when they are already fighting now?? You only threaten to fight you before you actually fight, that threat is gone once you are already in a war. You don't swing around the fence and think maybe they will do this or maybe they will do that. You know they will attack, and that would already been calculated by NATO before any membership. I am not saying NATO will most definitely allow Ukraine membership.

You know they will go to war, because there WAS a war already, and if you allow Ukraine to join, then you consider that thread is being outweighed by security concern, I mean it's probably 9 months too late to care about what Russia think.....

Do you think NATO will allow Ukraine to join and do you think Ukraine would make that move? Are you not ignoring how NATO and Ukraine would be worried about how Russia would respond? Considering all this is hypothetically after a settlement for ceasefire is agreed by both sides. then Ukriane decides to join NATO and NATO accepts. How russia would respond would depend on how much appetite and capability they have for war on one side and on the other side, how NATO will consider it a risk. Ukraine joins means Article 5 in action and maybe Russia is deterred by that if Ukraine goes ahead. Maybe Russia is not. And this risk assessment is surely on the minds of NATO and Ukraine, but not your's.
Ukraine already made that move, and they have applied for NATO membership again, that would be considered most likely after Finland and Sweden's membership which is going to be a year, so I will say in 3 or 4 years, there will be a result on NATO decision.

I already said my point toward Ukrainian NATO membership, that is up to NATO and Ukraine to decide, not me and you and Russia, so why talking about something when it does not concern you??

Seriously, what do you think Russia "Can" do??

You can't start a war with NATO, you start using nuke, everybody dies, you are not economically big enough to threaten NATO and Ukraine. The only thing Russia can do, and probably already had done, is to warm up to China and become their vassal, on the other hand, would China want this particular hot mess when the Chinese themselves have Taiwan in their mind??

That equipment is NOT going back to NATO, NATO will not come back and ask for everything back after this war. Those stuff stays in Ukraine.

The problem of those equipment is big, not the biggest concern, Ukraine is using NATO playbook to fight Russia, everything from fieldcraft to tactics down to intelligence operation are adopted by the Ukrainian, otherwise we can't feed them intel and they can't use it even if we do. THAT, is the serious problem, because I know how NATO work, but if I do tell you how NATO fight war, or how US fight war, then I will have 20 years waiting for me back in Leavenworth, Kansas. If you know what I know completely, you can plan how to fight NATO off, because you know how NATO operate, then in any wargame you don't just guess what would NATO do, but you will know EXACTLY what would NATO do, and that's the problem.

Step back a bit, do you know why Ukraine is very successful on resisting invasion and capturing Russian land in counter attack? That's because they know what Russian will do, they were trained with Russian doctrine until at least 2014. Unless Russia had written the entire doctrine from scratch since 2014, that playbook, the one that Ukraine know, will be used against Ukraine, and Ukraine would know how NATO could counter those doctrine, because they know both sides. And to a lesser extend how China would react because Chinese Doctrine build on Russian/Soviet Doctrine. Which mean not only Ukraine is a really valued partner but also a serious liability if it changes side.

How does it worry them when they are already fighting now?? You only threaten to fight you before you actually fight, that threat is gone once you are already in a war. You don't swing around the fence and think maybe they will do this or maybe they will do that. You know they will attack, and that would already been calculated by NATO before any membership. I am not saying NATO will most definitely allow Ukraine membership.

You know they will go to war, because there WAS a war already, and if you allow Ukraine to join, then you consider that thread is being outweighed by security concern, I mean it's probably 9 months too late to care about what Russia think.....

Ukraine already made that move, and they have applied for NATO membership again, that would be considered most likely after Finland and Sweden's membership which is going to be a year, so I will say in 3 or 4 years, there will be a result on NATO decision.

I already said my point toward Ukrainian NATO membership, that is up to NATO and Ukraine to decide, not me and you and Russia, so why talking about something when it does not concern you??

Maybe you didn't read my post. I said "AFTER settlement" is reached. If there is peace and stop of war, would Ukraine and NATO commit to allowing Ukraine to join NATO? To answer that question, we'd need to know how NATO considers the risk of Russian response and how Russia actually responds.

I said in my post that Russia may choose to not respond militarily due to whatever reasons. You already assumed that has to be the case.

Maybe you didn't read my post. I said "AFTER settlement" is reached. If there is peace and stop of war, would Ukraine and NATO commit to allowing Ukraine to join NATO? To answer that question, we'd need to know how NATO considers the risk of Russian response and how Russia actually responds.

I said in my post that Russia may choose to not respond militarily due to whatever reasons. You already assumed that has to be the case.
I did not assume anything is the case, I asked "What do you think Russia "CAN" do"

That limited to just a few things, which I have already mentioned.

1.) Russia attack Europe and Ukraine conventionally. That is as good as suicide if they settle, and after joining NATO.
2.) Russia attack Europe using Nuke. Everybody dies, no point to talk about.
3.) Russia join Chinese camp and hope China can do something. Again, as I mentioned, would China want to touch this pile when they have Taiwan to think about?
4.) Russia could do nothing but seriously condemn the act.

Again, did I miss something or do you think what would Russia most likely do if Ukraine join NATO??

On the other hand, Russia already invaded Ukraine twice, what make NATO think Russia is done this time after the settlement and there will not be a third time comes with a bigger and nastier problem?? I am sorry but forgive me if no one trust Russian word for it.

Back
Top Bottom