What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Footage of kamikaze drones of the Ukrainian army shot down by the Russian air defense system has been published. One of the downed drones was destroyed near the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant, another kamikaze drone was shot down near the heating water canal of the city of Energodar.

Iran intends to transfer several hundred unmanned aerial vehicles to Russia. Jake Sullivan, national security adviser to the President of the United States, told reporters about this at a briefing. It is not known exactly which UAVs will be transmitted, perhaps they will be Karrar UAVs, Shahed UAVs or Iranian Arash kamikaze drones. According to him, the deliveries will also include UAVs capable of carrying weapons. Sullivan also added that Iran plans to train the Russian military in the use of these drones. The first stages of training should begin in July. Iran has long been developing drones, according to experts, some of Iran's UAVs are copies of American and Israeli models.

The Russian Osa-AKM air defense systems are not new, but they are regularly serving along the entire front line in Ukraine. A detailed story, with an emphasis on the technical aspects of the work of the Osa 9K33M3 air defense system in Ukraine, is in the video from the militia with the call sign "Bars". The video has subtitles

There were shots of the combat work of the Russian T-90M tank Breakthrough in Ukraine. The video shows the destruction of Ukrainian equipment through the video screen of the viewing device of the Kalina fire control complex. Russian digital fire control complex "Kalina", developed for some modifications of the T-90 tank. The complex combines into a tactical combat information and control system, a commander's panoramic sight with an integrated ballistic computer, a gunner's multispectral sight and firing conditions sensors.

Acquiring a lot of drones from Iran is a very good move.

I bet they can only have so much ammo because they stockpiled it somewhere close by, like in Crimea, or Donetsk over these 8 years.

While Kupyansk, and Crimea are their 2 main logistic lines, the amount of supplies passing them is certainly not matching Russian enormous ammo expenditure. Most of videos of Russian supply trains going around are of them bringing in bulky heavy ammo/missiles only.

I would say it would barely be possible to feed Russian ammo expenditure even if Russia were to put its entire military logistics on these 2 lines, and we know, it doesn't.

I strongly suspect they are fighting using ammo caches they prepared beforehand, rather than bringing in everything from Russia.
Well, I doubt that would work.

The Russian has expanded A LOT of ammo, like a lot. It's estimated 20000 rounds of 152 a day, that's 600,000 rounds a month, this war has gone on for more than 4 months which mean it's around 2.4 mil rounds fired by now, and I have not counted Missile, Rocket and so on.

I don't know the scope of Russian arms cache but I don't think they have that many rounds store in Crimea (Kupiansk was captured so they cannot be prepared for it) but I would not think they have store any more than 1 millions rounds in the entire Crimea. That net flow would have captured by Western Intelligence.

They may still have arms cache lying anywhere, but I doubt the Russian fought this war without stuff coming from Russia

Back
Top Bottom