What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Three explosions occurred in Kharkiv, then electricity in the city disappeared - Reuters!

The latest intel suggest not just Lyman is under threat, also Kreminna and Makiivka has been retaken by Ukrainian force.
If that is true (I hope so), we might see the ukrainians take 100s if not not 1000s POWs

The west uses Heavy Metal on advance interrogation, but seems like no Heavy Working band want to work with Russia and they have to use ABBA's Mamma Mia sound track......Do they know? Are they going to ask for royalty?

If that is true (I hope so), we might see the ukrainians take 100s if not not 1000s POWs
Actually, they are threatening Kreminna, they had not taken Kreminna yet, I have a bad choice of wording.

But Ukraine did take back Makiivka.

And Lyman alone would see 1000 of POW if Russia dead set on keeping the defence there, Lyman is not defendable, has been so since after the Kharkiv Counteroffensive.

Last edited:
The Iranian Shahed 136 doesn't carry any onboard sensors it is programmed to follow waypoints and strike a predefined geographic coordinate using an onboard commercial GPS receiver. It's capability is limited to fixed targets, so reports of it destroying a self propelled artillery is dubious. I assume the munition can be reprogrammed in-flight provided it can communicate with its operator. Overall, it appears Ukraine has managed to intercept 8 of every 10 Shahed 136 launched by the Russians during the day with small arms and ack-ack. The Russians have now resorted to launching at night to increase its survivability,

I've seen better drones created by high schools students but our Iranian friends and desperate Putinista's seem to think its the second coming of Christ.

Are you stupid? The source is Maxar its included in his post.

If it uses commercial GPS, it should be susceptible to simplest GPS jamming. US can actually just turn off civilian GPS over Ukraine.

Russia trying to annex land while trying to divede europe. None but russian trolls and conspiracy theorist are spreading this russian sabotage as “CIA”.

CIA started the war by orchestrating Euro Maidan riot in 2014 during Sochi olympics. They ain't fooling anyone. Every developing country supports Russia. Anglos think we are stupid. They got another thing coming.

If it uses commercial GPS, it should be susceptible to simplest GPS jamming. US can actually just turn off civilian GPS over Ukraine.

They can't afford that. Ukraine is reliant on DJI drones for recon. If they turn off GPS all those DJI drones become useless.

it could be a Beidou or GLONASS or even a hybrid receiver all easily jammed of course but with the right equipment.

It's impossible to block EAR99 technology since its classified as unrestricted. These chips go in washing machines and microwaves so blocking it is going to be challenging.

What is truly shocking is the Iranians have outdone the Russians a 'super power' in building cheap drones using off the shelf ITAR free technology.

It's much harder to descend from heavens to earth, than the other way around.

One was a superpower which never had problems getting high end mil-spec parts, and tons of money to brute force issues engineers cannot solve. US took their candy, and they are helpless like a cat in water.

The other one was a survivalist, which had to wiggle, twist, and only solve issues with original solutions from the start.

Back
Top Bottom