What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

As of 15 September 2022, the open-source intelligence site, Oryx has visually confirmed the loss of 23 Russian T-90s (21 T-90A 11 destroyed, 2 abandoned, 8 captured and 2 T-90M 1 destroyed, 1 abandoned).[56][57]

I fail to understand that when, according to a number of posters, on this thread, Ukraine has already defeated Russia; then why this thread is continuing. It should better be closed.

China's support for Russia, if it exists in practical terms will have major costs.

If Taliban repeat the 9/11 scenario, I'm not sure the US would be so foolish to invade again. If they do, the lunatics are running the asylum.

US did lose control of Afghanistan. It had control through waging war, then it lost it.

US WILL MOST DEFINITELY invade Afghanistan again if ther is another 9/11 scenario.

I don't know how much you know about US Politics, but the decision for US to withdraw troop is base on the fact that one man want to salvage his own presidency. You can literally see the movement shift from sending Afghanistan advance Military article in 2017 (Black Hawk, M1117, MD-500 and so on) to signing that agreement without even consulting the Afghani in 2020.

If Trump and his team have made proper assessment and think the security situation is good enough to send all those equipment in, unless it really deteriorates that much in just 3 years of his presidency, there aren't really pointed to withdraw the force there.

There are already calls from the left wing to send US troop back into Afghanistan because of the deteriorate human right concern, and only the center left and the right wing are opposing that idea. And if Taliban tried another 9-11, I am sure as hell the right wing and center left would come on board. Nothing galvanize a country better than a terrorist attack....
I think Russias larger strategic goal is to make Ukraine landlocked. so whilst Donbas is nice to have, I think it's secondary objective. Russia can live without Donbas, but it needs the whole coastline. This will be the toughest fight.
First of all, there are no way Russia can landlock Ukraine even before this counter offensive, this offensive makes it even clear but also make it available for Russia to lose coastal city like Mariupol or Berdinsk.

I don't get why people think Donbas is not important...Donbas is the area which tying almost all the Ukrainian offensive power in place, if Russia loses Donbas, the Ukrainian will have a unified line of defense over their own border, which will release 10 -15 brigade worth of fighting force free to do whatever they want, that's 6 divisions of men. over 80,000 fighting men all blooded in the East, that's a helluva combat power.

On the other hand, Russia hold in Southern Ukraine is more difficult because of the Crimea Choke point, which only selective land connection between Ukrainian south and Crimea, and all open area are toward the Ukrainian held territories, yes, it allows a better defensive position in Crimea, so it will be harder, a lot harder for Ukraine to try to take Crimea, but it also hamper supply effort toward the Southern Front as choke point works both ways. There is no way Russia can supply Kherson or Melitopol over Crimea now Ukraine is armed with long range rockets. Kherson is actually for all intend and purpose already lost. There is no way to resupply Russian troop in Kherson with all the bridge are blown.

Effective, what Russia doing now is setting up a condition where Ukraine will be able to defeat Russia in detail. If they did not stem the loss in Luhansk, then Luhansk will fall, then Donetsk will follow, and that will release a bunch of troops from Eastern front and make them available for Southern Offensive, when they already have problem supplying Kherson or Melitopol now, what do you think when Ukraine pours another 80,000 men in the area??

I fail to understand that when, according to a number of posters, on this thread, Ukraine has already defeated Russia; then why this thread is continuing. It should better be closed.
This is a good dreaming thread for ukrainians.

@jhungary
Total no fly zone. Every Russian target in Ukraine gets bombed in the air by NATO while Ukrainian troops pushed on the ground.

LOL.. More clownish america stronkkkkk CNN rhetoric.

no fly zone... as if its fuckin libya.

Lets play the scenario down. USAF Planes warn Russian planes to leave the area. Russians tell you to pound sand, and put their nuclear forces on high alert.

do you think any american general/politician is going to have the balls to fire on an enemy that literally has the firepower to erase you from the planet, and turn your entire territory into uninahbitable glass?

Get this ridiculous delusion out of your low iq american skulls...... London, paris, washing dc, and NY would eat several nuclear warheads before a single inch of Russian territory is ceded to NATO, or any "no fly zone" is imposed on the Russian border...

" a no fly zone" is a declaration of war. The only reason why NATO has gotten away with it before, is because they have used it on weak and defenseless countries.

There are already calls from the left wing to send US troop back into Afghanistan because of the deteriorate human right concern, and only the center left and the right wing are opposing that idea. And if Taliban tried another 9-11, I am sure as hell the right wing and center left would come on board. Nothing galvanize a country better than a terrorist attack....
What would another invasion of Afghanistan achieve? another trillion and another 20 years of exhausting itself and the treasury. America isn't that stupid. or maybe it is. lets hope we don't find out. History book would say, hey look at americas 40 year occupation of agfanistan and the cost of trillions? in the end it will withdraw again. and what then after a 3rd 9/11? go for 60 year occupation. what you think US tax payer wants to occupy and feed afghans for like 500 years?
First of all, there are no way Russia can landlock Ukraine even before this counter offensive, this offensive makes it even clear but also make it available for Russia to lose coastal city like Mariupol or Berdinsk.

I don't get why people think Donbas is not important...Donbas is the area which tying almost all the Ukrainian offensive power in place, if Russia loses Donbas, the Ukrainian will have a unified line of defense over their own border, which will release 10 -15 brigade worth of fighting force free to do whatever they want, that's 6 divisions of men. over 80,000 fighting men all blooded in the East, that's a helluva combat power.

On the other hand, Russia hold in Southern Ukraine is more difficult because of the Crimea Choke point, which only selective land connection between Ukrainian south and Crimea, and all open area are toward the Ukrainian held territories, yes, it allows a better defensive position in Crimea, so it will be harder, a lot harder for Ukraine to try to take Crimea, but it also hamper supply effort toward the Southern Front as choke point works both ways. There is no way Russia can supply Kherson or Melitopol over Crimea now Ukraine is armed with long range rockets. Kherson is actually for all intend and purpose already lost. There is no way to resupply Russian troop in Kherson with all the bridge are blown.

Effective, what Russia doing now is setting up a condition where Ukraine will be able to defeat Russia in detail. If they did not stem the loss in Luhansk, then Luhansk will fall, then Donetsk will follow, and that will release a bunch of troops from Eastern front and make them available for Southern Offensive, when they already have problem supplying Kherson or Melitopol now, what do you think when Ukraine pours another 80,000 men in the area??
Russia wants to deny NATO the use of that coastline and it wants access to the Danube. This I think is a critical war aim. No so much Donbas. That just my opinion. Let the supercomputer at Langley decide what Russias ultimate goals are. I know on thing, they certainly dont care about the Russian people in Donbas.

how did they show this? you just keep referencing bogus sht to make bad points.

oh i have- Ukraine's been losing everything to Russia -teritory, oil, gas, arable land, what else?

Thats irrelevant to this discussuion since Ukraine has Per capita income of 3rd world couintry and is ANOTHER banana republic US has to support fully because it cant support itself, but yes men is US gov's preferred type of coiuntry sinceits ego is too sensitive to take independent countries as allies.

Ukraine is a fukn relic, and NATO was trying to use it as a pawn with great potential against Russia, but Russia intervened, so no NATO reality for Ukraine anymore.

Russia not losing anything lol?

Back
Top Bottom