What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Such attacks by Russia on civil infrastructures are act of terror, coward, against international laws, against war conducts. That won’t change anything on the battlefields.

Also, when light goes off in Donbas then the separatists will sit in the darkness.
they may say those infrastructures provide power to Ukraine military infrastructure

TTF future on natural gas for dec 22 delivery again cheaper. Down from the peak $300 to $193. The downward trend continues.
Good news for Europe, bad for Russia

they can put their pride aside and buy our Fajr-5c , it has 130km of range and with GNSS it is precise
It's not whether or not Russia have the reach to get the HIMARS. It's whether or not they can find it.

Russia have Air Asset and Missile asset to hit HIMARS in a standoff range, in fact, when HIMARS was first donated, many analysts expected that 7 or 12 would not last long because Russia will actively seek and destroy it, I even talked about that with another member here (I don't remember who I talked to) and saying this will be Russian White Ghost if Russia decided to chase it down.

Problem is, Russia did not exactly chase it down, conventional estimation judging from Russian COUNTBAT Mission, it takes anywhere between 90-120 seconds for Russia to launch a COUNTBAT strike. What they should have done is not calculate the incoming but have forward personnel send drone to locate those HIMARS. That has not been done, which mean most Russian COUNTBAT mission is a simple guessing game. I have saw footage of Russian COUNTBAT after a Ukrainian 2S3 strike, you can see from the round dispersion, you can literally see they fix a position without knowing whether or not the tube was still there and go nuts on that general area, that's a sign they are guessing their coord. Don't get me wrong, they did it quite close (The guy said they landed 5 km away) but that probably works with 2S3 or other older SPG, it won't work with HIMARS as HIMARS rocket change direction mid-course to counter just that.

they may say those infrastructures provide power to Ukraine military infrastructure
lol, if they need grid power to provide for Military Infrastructure, then it's even more amazing how Russia can lose that much territories to an Army that backward.

Most Military Infra are off grid, which mean they can be self sufficient without the powergrid, that's part of night fighting capability. Most installation have their own generator, or alternative energy source, so they cannot be interrupted when the power grid is taken down.

This is not the 60s anymore. taking out Powerplant will not stop a fight, most military trained with Night fighting anyway, with the use of NVG and other stuff, I am afraid the only consequence after they bombed the grid is some poor bastard can watch Eurovision online because powerline is cut.

Last edited:
It's not whether or not Russia have the reach to get the HIMARS. It's whether or not they can find it.

Russia have Air Asset and Missile asset to hit HIMARS in a standoff range, in fact, when HIMARS was first donated, many analysts expected that 7 or 12 would not last long because Russia will actively seek and destroy it, I even talked about that with another member here (I don't remember who I talked to) and saying this will be Russian White Ghost if Russia decided to chase it down.

Problem is, Russia did not exactly chase it down, conventional estimation judging from Russian COUNTBAT Mission, it takes anywhere between 90-120 seconds for Russia to launch a COUNTBAT strike. What they should have done is not calculate the incoming but have forward personnel send drone to locate those HIMARS. That has not been done, which mean most Russian COUNTBAT mission is a simple guessing game. I have saw footage of Russian COUNTBAT after a Ukrainian 2S3 strike, you can see from the round dispersion, you can literally see they fix a position without knowing whether or not the tube was still there and go nuts on that general area, that's a sign they are guessing their coord. Don't get me wrong, they did it quite close (The guy said they landed 5 km away) but that probably works with 2S3 or other older SPG, it won't work with HIMARS as HIMARS rocket change direction mid-course to counter just that.
another problem with russia is they use drone to spot enemy and then they had to find some artillery that is in range to attack it . they still don't get the concept that the drone must be able to do the strike when have the chance not wasting the times on finding someone else who can do the strike

It's funny because the more the conflict goes on,the more professional,better equipped and better trained Ukrainian soldiers become while it is the total opposite for Russian soldiers. Same goes for the morale,while it is going up for the Ukrainians,it is the total opposite for the Russians. Nowadays the Russian army in Ukraine no longer looks like an army but just a bunch of rag tag militias.

lol, if they need grid power to provide for Military Infrastructure, then it's even more amazing how Russia can lose that much territories to an Army that backward.
that's Russia , several month ago i said they are stock in Korea war mentality, they literally have no concept of modern warfare

another problem with russia is they use drone to spot enemy and then they had to find some artillery that is in range to attack it . they still don't get the concept that the drone must be able to do the strike when have the chance not wasting the times on finding someone else who can do the strike
It's easier to say than done.

To start, finding it is not easy, and if you launch attack capable drone, how many can you spare to find 1 HIMARS system? Don't forget their range is 80KM, which mean the area to look for is a circle drawn with a radius of 80KM. Sure, if you know the direction, you can narrow it down to 1/4 of that area. But it is still a big a$$ area. Unless you have 100 or so attack capable drone launched and sweep the area. You probably can't find it and attack it right away, not counting being lucky. And then you don't have hours to find it, you have merely minutes.

That's why most country uses smaller inexpensive drone to look for target, then call in an Alpha Strike, that's more affordable and you don't sacrifice the chance.

Back
Top Bottom