What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Moscow Mitch

Why they did it? This scorched earth war tactic is ugly. That will bite them. Russians won’t survive without waters in Crimea for a week. The destruction is massive.

View attachment 933093

Russian military only have 1 playbook and that's scorched earth tactics. Easier to destroy infrastructures than building 1.

Like I said Russia is expecting to lose Crimea that they even so desperate to blow up the dam.

Last edited:
The blown up dam almost certainly slows down, delays, if not outright stops Ukraine's counter offensive in the region for months.

The interruption to Crimea's water supply won't be felt for months.

There's plenty of reason why that idiot Putin and his butt-boys would blow it up.

People would have to be gullible diots to believe that Ukraine did it at such a crucial time for them.

The destruction of the dam ruin Ukraine's plans.

🇹🇷Turkey accuses the Ukrainian regime of blowing up the Nova Kakhovka Dam in the Kherson region, with British instructions, due to the failure of its counterattack
Source of this, otherwise you're getting a negative rating and a report to the mods for spreading misinformation.

Seriously you’re comparing states to countries? 🤦🏿‍♂️
Why doesn’t Bavaria cede from the rest of Germany, see how silly that is?
And as I’ve said over the last 50 years yes trillions have been given to Europe
Outright lie.
Source please?

Usa spends a lot on military bases because it is primary for its own power projection and interests..
rammstein airbase houses 16.000 airforce military.
Do you know how much long distance fueling and/or aircraft carriers America would need to replace that base?
How much that would cost?

Europeans are just butt hurt trump didn’t let them take the US for a free ride.
Trump was an unreliable ally and partner. Simple fact.

I am happy he got elected cause it opened up eyes here in europe not to rely and trust so much on America.
And for the record I’m not playing divide and conquer, just making a point you’re ok with Germany and France dictating which way Europe sways but but how dare the US do the same while they beg for handouts.

As if Germany isn’t to blame for the current situation in Ukraine. They’ve been sucking cheap gas from Russia for decades while Russia actively worked against their interests. Remember Georgia, where was European help then?
Germany and france tried trade and diplomacy to bring russia to peace. This did not work. Fault lies mostly with russia.

America fueling unrest in russias backdoor is also not really “the way to maintain peace”.

🇹🇷Turkey accuses the Ukrainian regime of blowing up the Nova Kakhovka Dam in the Kherson region, with British instructions, due to the failure of its counterattack

Really? Just a stupid generalising comment, no source no link, not even on info if just a random pro-Russian Turkish newssite, the Turkish government or a pro-Russia paid Turkish troll?

The blown up dam almost certainly slows down, delays, if not outright stops Ukraine's counter offensive in the region for months.

The interruption to Crimea's water supply won't be felt for months.

There's plenty of reason why that idiot Putin and his butt-boys would blow it up.

People would have to be gullible diots to believe that Ukraine did it at such a crucial time for them.

The destruction of the dam ruin Ukraine's plans.

Source of this, otherwise you're getting a negative rating and a report to the mods for spreading misinformation.
It is surprising that they did not factor that into their plans…blowing up dams/levees is a fairly known tactic to bog down opposing forces.

If anything, that should have been captured and held by airborne or SF prior to any probing attacks to any counter offensive

At present we know nothing or almost nothing; but we are already going to be sent to the stake for heresy.

Haha

I am 100% certain that Ukraine expected Russia to blow up the damn and have made plans that are not dependent on the damn. The goal for this year is not to capture Crimea, but to break the land bridge in half and get to the Sea of Azov ( imho ). This war will take this year and next year, to finish - most experts have been saying this. It will require more aviation capabilities, which will start coming online in the later part of this year, or early next.

The Washington Post ... last year

“Kovalchuk considered flooding the river. The Ukrainians, he said, even conducted a test strike with a HIMARS launcher on one of the floodgates at the Nova Kakhovka dam, making three holes in the metal to see if the Dnieper’s water could be raised enough to stymie Russian crossings but not flood nearby villages. The test was a success, Kovalchuk said, but the step remained a last resort. He held off.”

Strike last year

Honestly I do not know, what strikes me is ... how to say it, i better not express what i think.

Apparently, they left.

Russian insurgents have so far found little to no resistance against them.

The Russians are trying to use air power, but failing miserably due to fear of being targeted by portable air defense.

The insurgents also managed to capture a few of the Russian soldiers that didn't actually run away and decided to fight.

Russia has basically abandoned the area, with Prigozhin saying if the MoD doesn't do something soon, he'll go in himself and clear the area.

The Washington Post ... last year

“Kovalchuk considered flooding the river. The Ukrainians, he said, even conducted a test strike with a HIMARS launcher on one of the floodgates at the Nova Kakhovka dam, making three holes in the metal to see if the Dnieper’s water could be raised enough to stymie Russian crossings but not flood nearby villages. The test was a success, Kovalchuk said, but the step remained a last resort. He held off.”

Strike last year

Honestly I do not know, what strikes me is ... how to say it, i better not express what i think.
Context matters.

Back then Russia was making rapid advances, so it made sense for Ukraine to think about blowing the dam to slow down Russia.

Now it doesn't make sense for Ukraine to do so, because Russian forces are stagnant, and Ukraine just pretty much announced its launching a counter offensive that cuts through the very area that these floods occurred in.

In other words, Russia blew the dam to stop Ukraine's offensive.

If Putin loses Crimea to a counter offensive, then losing access to water is the least of his concerns if that can be prevented. Especially when he built a bridge from Russia to Crimea to address some of the water problems.
If Ukraine really can go all the way to Mariupol, then the Russian will lose Crimea for sure, because that would put Kerch Bridge and most Crimea port in HIMARS and now storm shadow range. Which mean not only would they not be able to support their troop, but also any civilian infrastructure.

And western intelligence have reported that Russian line is most likely to be buckled under Ukrainian pressure thru Tormak, or the Ukrainian would just use Vuhledar as an anchor point and launch a counter offensive there, although it would make more sense if their target is Donetsk instead of Mariupol.

Back
Top Bottom