What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

It is going to be delicious to see F-16s versus Russian fighters. I cannot wait for this war to intensify and prolong to new levels. This is just awesome.
Unfortunately Ukrainian pilots will not be able to utilise this marvelous machine to full of its potential

I wonder why US do not send its own 10-20 pilots to fight in war?
US can say these are ukr pilots to world but in reality.......
What's the problem with this plan?

Unfortunately Ukrainian pilots will not be able to utilise this marvelous machine to full of its potential

I wonder why US do not send its own 10-20 pilots to fight in war?
US can say these are ukr pilots to world but in reality.......
What's the problem with this plan?

I am hearing that Ukrainian pilots will be flying circles around Russian fighters in a matter of months...

How do you know US pilots are not already flying for Ukraine?

They are doing a lousy job if they already are...

Imagine in a little over a year it went from helmets to anti tank missiles to himars to tanks to cruise missiles and now F16s.

Wow. Such an achievement. The war is also 1+ years old with no end in sight. It is ludicrous to see you guys celebrate the delivery of weapons as some victory. In reality this war is being fuelled and prolonged. You guys have truly lost touch with reality. It is all about defeating Russia at all cost, isn't it?

Ukraine has been holding back 20 brigades. Around 60,000 total troops.
I would say more than 20 Brigades.

I don't think they counted those TDF Brigade (Or Citizens Volunteer) which is outside their training cycle. Those were straightly "Assault Brigade" that was being held back due to this counter offensive, as I mentioned before, I lost track of 5 Brigades back in April.

That's just from what the West gave them, mostly they are spacing it out into 3 ABCT (From the 150-200 Leo 1, Leo 2, Challenger 2 and Abrams we gave them), 3 Styker/Assault BCT and 3 Mechanised Brigade loaded with around 200 Bradley, CV90 and the one that the German gave (forgot the name)) .

Notice that Ukrainian armoured formation was not involved at all in Bakhmut and Adviikva, they are most likely going thru down time and prepping for the upcoming assault as well. I counted 4 Mechanised Brigade and 1 Tank Brigade is missing from the front line. Which mean they are going to have 14-15 Brigade for this assault.

Also, 20 Brigade = 80,000 troop+ It depends on the brigade, a ABCT would have 3500 troop and Infantry Brigade would have 4500 troop.

I look at claims initial like this with a bit of skepticism since it may be for consumption but certain things are factual:
1. Wagner Chef (not Chief) keeps on making video recordings about pronouncements on whats going on and threats and battle cries.
2. Its clear its not an easy victory for Wagner and Russians.
3. Two weeks ago when he made first of several rants, somebody on this thread said this was part of a bigger game and deliberate misinformation and we should wait to see how this evolves. Well the situation has not evolved, and rants have continued unless the Catering Cook's plan is to trap the Ukrainians by drawing them in all the way to Moscow.
4. This sort of operation outside of chain of discipline is unheard of: its making Russia's fighting force look like a bunch of warlords, with one warlord just getting on video every day.
5. Its quite possible Russian military has a different plan and is not intent on continuing to sink artillery and ammo at a cook's whim and desire to take over the city that is effectively destroyed.
6. If #5 is true, than Chef will continue his rants as screaming at others is not going to get you what you need.

I remember in Desert Storm (before war started) the US Air Force commander said something like the battle will be won by the air force. It was expected and came out to be true. But regardless, because of his ego boost and not being a team player he was fired within a few days of making that sort of a (selfish) remark about his service

Russian forces in retreat near Bakhmut, Ukraine and Wagner say​

NEAR BAKHMUT, Ukraine, May 18 (Reuters) - The Ukrainian military and Russia's Wagner private army both reported further Russian retreats around the city of Bakhmut on Thursday, as Kyiv pressed on with its biggest advance for six mCConths ahead of a planned counteroffensive.

Ukrainian troops near the front line said Russia was bombarding access roads to slow the Ukrainian assault, which has shifted momentum after months of slow Russian gains in Europe's deadliest ground combat since World War Two.

"Now, for the most part, as we have started to advance, they are shelling all the routes to front positions, so our armoured vehicles can't deliver more infantry, ammunition a

Wow. Such an achievement. The war is also 1+ years old with no end in sight. It is ludicrous to see you guys celebrate the delivery of weapons as some victory. In reality this war is being fuelled and prolonged. You guys have truly lost touch with reality. It is all about defeating Russia at all cost, isn't it?

You know very well this war could end quickly if Russians simply go back home, they are the only ones fueling this war with no end sight. But there's a military disaster in the making.

You know very well this war could end quickly if Russians simply go back home, they are the only ones fueling this war with no end sight. But there's a military disaster in the making.

You keep pointing fingers at Russia, but fail to mention your own role that has forced Russia to intervene in Ukraine.

The West should be defusing tension. Instead it is supplying weapons and hoping that Ukraine beats Russia. You know very well that fire cannot be extinguished with fire.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom