What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Wow that’s a wumm.

Germany most high ranks generals visit Kiew in military uniforms.

Bundeswehr: Gruppenbild mit Herren in Olivgrün: Generalinspekteur Carsten Breuer (re.) zeigt sich neben dem ukrainischen Verteidigungsminister Oleksij Resnikow (2. v. re.) und der deutschen Botschafterin Anka Feldhusen in Kiew.

Foto: Twitter@oleksiireznikov

Gruppenbild mit Herren in Olivgrün: Generalinspekteur Carsten Breuer (re.) zeigt sich neben dem ukrainischen Verteidigungsminister Oleksij Resnikow (2. v. re.) und der deutschen Botschafterin Anka Feldhusen in Kiew.

Ukraine seems to have started its spring counteroffensive on the northern side of Bakhmut. They pushed back the Russians by several kilometers on that front (confirmed both by Ukrainian and Russian sources). M2 Bradleys were seen on the front line as well.
No. That was a local offensive, most likely is a response to what Prigozin said on TV about Artillery round several weeks ago and about how they will retreat without ammo, mostly this is what triggered the Ukrainian to probe their line, this is a probe and exploit attack.

I wouldn't know when and where the Ukrainian counter offensive is going to start, but judging from the equipment the west gave them and the 9 new Brigade being formed by this, I am quite certain it will be an armour spearheaded combined arms offensive, which mean you will launch it on open area, and with massive number, both of which Bakhmut was not. There are only 2 wide open area that are suitable for this combine arms offensive, that's thew Eastern and Southern Plain, which mean its either svatove, or melitopol. you can't really do much in Bakhmut Axis with tank....

Do you consider Wagner part russian forces as such? I think they had some success because they are not. They are entrepreneurs not bound by sovjet style bureaucracy, which gives them room to maneuver and the units freedom to act and adapt. And, they had thousends of expendable lifes to waste that didnt have an impact on russian public opinion. Russia really only made fighting progress where Wagner went to die.
So far Ukraine have had the advantage being defending against mostly russian regular troops doing pointless head on grinding attacks. I sure hope the ukrainian armed forces made some reforms and progressed into something else than a sovjet army like russias. Or else this ukrainian offensive is just going to mirror the russian failed attempt.
I think it's quite clear Wagner operate outside Russian traditional C&C control.

The reason why they weren't performed as badly is not because of this tho, it's rather those people who serve Wagner have been in all kind of situation from Syria to Mali and know what they were doing in war, on the contrary, Russian military is all but a domestic force, I can't even remember when the last Russian Peacekeeping Mission is since KFOR that can get them some limited deployment experience, mostly Russian Force are a domestic force, it would be like asking the US Army National Guard to deploy to a high intensity warzone without giving them some start up experience, that is always going to be a fail.

Another point is Wagner is a commercial entity, and they are generally better armed individually than that of a Russian soldier, I remember talking to some of my colleague where I work and both of us looking at some picture of dead Russian soldier at the beginning of this war, they are very under equipped. they lack the things we considered standard individual equipment in the west, things like Tactical Com, Optics, NVG, Modular Plate Carrier, even cheap stuff like elbow pad or knee pad were not standard across the entire organisation. You can predict how your army do by looking at how much the cost for the equipment they carry, and I estimated back in March 2022, their individual equipment is no more than $2000 with the rifle. Wagner, on the other hand, have probably better equipment to start with, as they were constantly in deployment from middle east and africa, that's why they performed better.

The problem is, now there aren't not much different, the overall mood of Russian troop are going down, and Wagner have lost most of their experienced personnel, and have seen regular people and prisoner joining their rank, that edge is probably all but gone now. And they are probably no better than the Russian Armed Forces. Maybe the only thing different is there is something you can look for if you are a Wagner Prisoner. But that wouldn't change the equation much.

No. That was a local offensive, most likely is a response to what Prigozin said on TV about Artillery round several weeks ago and about how they will retreat without ammo, mostly this is what triggered the Ukrainian to probe their line, this is a probe and exploit attack.

I wouldn't know when and where the Ukrainian counter offensive is going to start, but judging from the equipment the west gave them and the 9 new Brigade being formed by this, I am quite certain it will be an armour spearheaded combined arms offensive, which mean you will launch it on open area, and with massive number, both of which Bakhmut was not. There are only 2 wide open area that are suitable for this combine arms offensive, that's thew Eastern and Southern Plain, which mean its either svatove, or melitopol. you can't really do much in Bakhmut Axis with tank....
I would say that is Ukraine local offensives to test Russia defense. Ukraine forces attacking the Russians at the northern and southern flanks at Bakhmut. At the same time attacking Russia occupied Soledar at 95 km front. Both directions each with a brigade of 1,000 men and 40 tanks. There are other fronts where Ukraine undertaking assaults. That’s the greatest Ukraine offensive since November.

Ukraine’s major offensive may come in few days or weeks we don’t know.

The assault on Bakhmut flanks was led by the Asow. The Asow will probably lead the final assault on Bakhmut.

Ukrainian migs have already been reconfigured to fire western missiles, I'd guess the same would be likely for storm shadow.
the reconfiguration was not done elegantly and they had to add a new subsystem for any western system , there is a limit to that

Over 50 countries? NATO has sufficient military capability to liberate entire Ukraine in like 2 months.

But NATO leaders are "cowards." These cowards will fight Russia to the last Ukrainian instead.
NATO leaders are not insane, they are aware that a full fledged war with Russia has a huge potential to go Nuclear which in itself has the potential to annihilate life on Earth.

NATO leaders are not insane, they are aware that a full fledged war with Russia has a huge potential to go Nuclear which in itself has the potential to annihilate life on Earth.

Nobody is calling for invading Russia. Liberating Ukraine is the point of emphasis.

Putin's nuke bluff seems to work on the other hand. A smart man he is.

all Nazi must be exterminated

Russian Space Forces are using satellites to early detect ammunition movements

anyone remember Lviv? early in the war terrorist had gathered in a huge military base the numbers was in the 1000s

Russian found out and absolutely annihilated the military base with over 30 cruise missiles, dead bodies were being pulled from the ruble for weeks after

Many were White Extremists Terrorists Nazi who hate Muslims and supported Israel

It doesn’t bode well for Russia once the main offensive begins. They’ve built a huge amount of trenches but nowhere near the manpower to defend it.
Heard too many started with Javelin, M777, HIMARS.... Russian are still better fighter then you poofs. They way you ran from Afghanistan is quite evident.

Back
Top Bottom