What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Kiev/Nato assassinated Dugin's daughter Daria in Moscow.
Frankly, I don't think it has anything to do with Kiev. An intelligence operation that would exceed Kiev's height. I understand it as the message of the USA.

But as a person, trying to understand Russian politik understandings and psychology, I'm almost certain that this will also make Russia's moves more aggressive, If it is not related to an intra-Russian showdown.

edit: Also, completely off-topic but what does Darya mean in Russian?

Last edited:
Frankly, I don't think it has anything to do with Kiev. An intelligence operation that would exceed Kiev's height. I understand it as the message of the USA.

But as a covert ops aficionado, trying to understand Russian politik understandings and psychology, I'm almost certain that this will also make Russia's moves more aggressive.

Ethical lines are now crossed.

Yeah. The more they humiliate Russians, the more angry Russians get. Face is very important in Russia which is an eastern country where face is very important.

In this case, we cannot characterize people who have similar discourses against the Russians as civilians, we cannot see what they say as freedom of expression, and there is no problem in their murder with terrorist acts.

There is no end to it.

Agreed. Murder begets murder. Murder is not the solution to every problem in the world.

Putin has many supporters. Ranging from far right party AfD to leftist die Linke. Angela Merkel, the previous chancellor was very supportive to Russia and China. She pretty much did appeasement politics. She said she knew Putin hatred of democracy, the West, the NATO, the liberty, everything western however she kept it to herself and did not tell anyone. Instead she means the west should give Putin something to win.
Merkel, probably the most naive and stupid in history. Now Germany’s gas price is 10x higher than in the US. Millions homes can’t pay the bill.
Well, I have friend in Russia about to eat potatoes to live by, stuff has gone up around 30% before the war and portion amazingly had gone down, he said they are start selling 900ml and 400ml milk now, instead of the 1 litre and 2 litres we are accustomed to in the West (Or 1 Gallon for those who live in the US). Yet it is still more expensive than it was before.

People need to get slap around sometime to see the truth. I mean EU is blind to let Russia run wild like they did for over a decade, Russian probably need to do the same.

Well, I have friend in Russia about to eat potatoes to live by, stuff has gone up around 30% before the war and portion amazingly had gone down, he said they are start selling 900ml and 400ml milk now, instead of the 1 litre and 2 litres we are accustomed to in the West (Or 1 Gallon for those who live in the US). Yet it is still more expensive than it was before.

People need to get slap around sometime to see the truth. I mean EU is blind to let Russia run wild like they did for over a decade, Russian probably need to do the same.

No pain. No gain. Now that EU and Russia are official enemies after a bromance from 1990 to 2014, Russia is with China for good. And this time it's permanent.

Soldiers of PMC Wagner spoke about the battles in Ukraine with the elite units of the Ukrainian army near Bakhmut. And the situation with the wounded and dead of the Ukrainian army. (video with subtitles)

Episode of the battle in Ukraine. Paratrooper units on BMD-4M airborne combat vehicles seized an advantageous line and ambushed a Ukrainian reconnaissance group. Then, with the help of the BMD-4M, a column of armored vehicles of Ukraine was attacked near the forest belt, which was moving towards the positions of the airborne units. Armament of the BMD-4M: 100 mm rifled gun 2A70, four ATGM "Arkan", 30 mm gun 2A72 and 7.62 mm PKTM machine gun.

Soldiers of PMC Wagner spoke about the battles in Ukraine with the elite units of the Ukrainian army near Bakhmut. And the situation with the wounded and dead of the Ukrainian army. (video with subtitles)

Episode of the battle in Ukraine. Paratrooper units on BMD-4M airborne combat vehicles seized an advantageous line and ambushed a Ukrainian reconnaissance group. Then, with the help of the BMD-4M, a column of armored vehicles of Ukraine was attacked near the forest belt, which was moving towards the positions of the airborne units. Armament of the BMD-4M: 100 mm rifled gun 2A70, four ATGM "Arkan", 30 mm gun 2A72 and 7.62 mm PKTM machine gun.

BMD-4 proves to be a popular tank. It's got pretty good fire power with laser guided missiles range 4 km, commander's hunter killer sight, thermal sight, fully amphibious. One addition I'd like to see is a muzzle reference system to improve accuracy with unguided rounds.

Darya Dugina: Daughter of Putin ally killed in Moscow bomb - report

_126394487_c63e1433-a991-44e0-9f6a-f9f9254a7e22.jpg

The daughter of a close ally to Russia's President Vladimir Putin has reportedly been killed near Moscow.

According to state media, Darya Dugina died after her car exploded in flames while she was driving home.
It is thought that her father, the Russian philosopher Alexander Dugin who is known as "Putin's brain," may have been the intended target of the attack.

Mr Dugin is a prominent ultra-nationalist ideologue who is believed to be close to the Russian president.
According to Russian media outlet 112, the pair were due to travel back from an event on Saturday evening in the same car before Mr Dugin made the decision to travel separately from his daughter at the last minute.
Unverified footage posted on Telegram appears to show Mr Dugin watching in shock as emergency services arrive at the scene of the burning wreck of a vehicle.

The BBC has not been able to verify the footage independently.
Law enforcement agencies confirmed to Tass news agency that a female driver died when an SUV exploded in the village of Bolshiye Vyazemy, but provided no further details.

There has been no official comment from Russian authorities so far.

Despite not holding an official position in government, Ms Dugina's father is a close ally of the Russian president and has even been branded "Putin's Rasputin".

The philosopher's daughter, Darya Dugina, was herself a prominent journalist who vocally supported the invasion of Ukraine.

Earlier this year she was sanctioned by US and UK authorities, who accused the 30-year-old of contributing to online "disinformation" in relation to Russia's invasion.

In May, she described the war as a "clash of civilisations" in an interview and expressed pride in the fact that both she and her father had been sanctioned by the West.

Alexander Dugin was sanctioned by the US in 2015 for his alleged involvement in the Russian annexation of Crimea.

His writings are credited with having a deep influence on Vladimir Putin's worldview and he is considered to be a chief intellectual architect of the ultra-nationalist ideology adhered to by many in the Kremlin.

For years, Mr Dugin has called on Moscow to assert itself more aggressively on the global stage and has supported Russian military action in Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom