What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

The Break Of The Grain Deal. ISW Updates. Military Summary And Analysis 2023.04.27

Only blind people can say it as a stupid perspective.
Then in a broad sense, we can also say none of the above countries dared to involve directly in this war except for pouring billions and billions of dollars of money and arms.
And who knows what else Russia is hiding and not using in this war? Why take Russia so lightly and why think Russia is only fighting Ukraine?
Russia has much bigger threats than Ukraine and you think Russia has lost all its resources in this war and has nothing left for other major foes?
Never underestimate your enemy.
Well. I see now there are just few options the Russians have:

- emptying Russia’s prisons and send all 500k inmates to Ukraine

- calling general mobilization with the risk of popular revolt

- sending all T14s, aircraft, ships and everything else intended for the Nato to Ukraine

- just one meal per day. stop having breakfast and lunch to save all the money for the military

Or the last resort

- nukes

Or the cheapest way

- just piss off

If I was Putin then maybe jump off the window before piss off.

A rule of thumb is that you need a 3 to 1 local advantage to carry the offensive. It is always difficult to advance in the face of the enemy, because the Ukrainian defenders have what’s called “homefield advantage. Where russisns are constantly being forced to pour in more men and armour to break down the defenders by takening resources from other Donbas locations. Against this stiff Ukrainian strategy to hold Bakhmut so far 1O months it has worked costing Russians quite dearly

Russia has 4 times the population of Ukraine. That's a major advantage. Regardless of offensive or defensive operations.

USA: in the process of sending 31 of its 5000 abrams tanks somewhere this year….

Seriously? You do realize how many tanks China has right? Sending 5000 Abrams to Ukraine means Taiwan will be vulnerable.

Last edited:

Zelensky Adviser Blames U.S. for Unleashing 'Major War' in Europe​

Story by Ellie Cook • Yesterday 12:15 PM

Newsweek
Zelensky Adviser Blames U.S. for Unleashing 'Major War' in Europe
Was this content a good use of your time?

Your feedback will help us improve the product
1682599801630.png

This photograph taken on January 10, 2023, shows adviser to the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, Mykhailo Podolyak, speaking during an interview with AFP in Kyiv, amid the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Writing on Twitter, Podolyak said the U.S. and other Western nations encouraged Ukraine to give up nuclear weapons as the former Soviet Union collapsed, offering safeguards in return.
This photograph taken on January 10, 2023, shows adviser to the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, Mykhailo Podolyak, speaking during an interview with AFP in Kyiv, amid the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Writing on Twitter, Podolyak said the U.S. and other Western nations "encouraged Ukraine to give up nuclear weapons" as the former Soviet Union collapsed, offering "safeguards" in return.© GENYA SAVILOV/AFP via Getty Images
The U.S. pursued a "wrong" nuclear policy that led to war in Europe, according to an adviser to the head of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's office.
Writing on Twitter, Mykhailo Podolyak said the U.S. and other Western nations encouraged Ukraine to give up nuclear weapons as the former Soviet Union collapsed, offering safeguards in return. This was misinterpreted by Russia, leading to conflict, Podolyak said.
As the Cold War came to an end, Kyiv possessed a stockpile of nuclear weapons left over from its membership to the Soviet Union. In 1994, Ukraine agreed to surrender these nuclear weapons, although Kyiv did not have undisputed control over the Soviet stockpiles.
Washington, Moscow and Kyiv signed what became known as the Trilateral Statement in 1994, with the Budapest Memorandum of the same year promising Ukraine security guarantees in exchange for the removal of nuclear weapons from the country.
Nuclear rhetoric has played a significant role in the ongoing Ukraine war, with the Kremlin alluding to the possible use of nuclear weapons as Western countries supply Kyiv with aid. On Tuesday, former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said the possibility of nuclear war breaking out was "growing every day."
On Tuesday, a new bipartisan House of Representatives resolution was introduced to reaffirm the U.S.'s position that Ukraine should be "restored to its internationally recognized 1991 borders," according to Ukraine's ambassador to the U.S., Oksana Markarova. This year marked the formal disintegration of the Soviet Union, and the creation of an independent Ukraine which included the now-annexed territories of Crimea, the Donbas, and the southern Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions.

The draft resolution states that the U.S. "must work with its allies and partners" to ensure Moscow pays reparations to Ukraine, Markarova continued, as well as the "assistance of the world community in restored Ukraine."
"We must not repeat the error of Sept. 1, 1939," Republican Rep. Joe Wilson of South Carolina told Yahoo News, referring to when Nazi Germany invaded Poland and marked the start of World War II in Europe.
"It takes great courage to openly recognize the mistakes of the past," Podolyak said on Wednesday. "The House of Representatives' resolution is unequivocal: The United States, unfortunately, along with other Western countries, encouraged Ukraine to give up nuclear and other weapons to ensure security and stability in the region under safeguards. This was a wrong policy that was misinterpreted by the aggressor and led to a major war in Europe."
Returning territory occupied by Russia, respecting international law, prosecuting war criminals and admitting Ukraine into NATO is "the only way to ensure security in Europe today," Podolyak continued. "Absolutely clear position and effective bipartisan support."
Earlier this month, former President Bill Clinton said he felt a "personal stake" in the Ukraine war because of his role in convincing Kyiv to lose their nuclear weapons.
"I feel a personal stake because I got them [Ukraine] to agree to give up their nuclear weapons," Clinton told Irish broadcaster RTÉ. "None of them believe that Russia would have pulled this stunt if Ukraine still had their weapons," he added, saying that Ukraine was "afraid to give them up."
Newsweek has reached out to the U.S. Defense Department and Ukraine's presidential office for comment via email.

I suppose this means you're a white guy? (America as it is, there is no guarantee a German-American is a white guy) And your point of view would not be surprising to me if you were. I saw Trump as a last chance of the dispossessed white middle class to kick and scream before their civilisation is washed away by the LGBTIXYZ + minority alliance. Because I dont see there is a way to go back to an America of the 1950's.

Short of a civil war, the whites are doomed in America. So I do predict some sort of a civil war or at least some sort of a constitutional reworking where the white/red States get to live the old way and the liberal multiracial states get to have some sort of association and federal government is weakened.

Or maybe an Austria-Hungary set up with two presidents running the show

And trump wont/cant do much about the messed up state America is in, except throw more fire on it.

Well that would be a disaster. I dont think it wold help America if half of europe is conquered by russia again. And I'm not sure how America would react if the next superpower was a federated EU. I mean it would have to be so if America pulls out and becomes isolationist.

Im sure the US deep state will not allow it to happen. They will force trump to keep helping ukraine. I'm sure of it.
Why yes I’m a white guy but that doesn’t really matter. I have friends of many religions and races and they feel similar. I will tell you the lgq bs is all over played, I actually just got back from Disney of all places (not my choice to go) but there wasn’t any of that crap in sight. The demise of conservative America is far over played and only pushed in the news. The vast vast majority of Americans are still pretty “normal”.

As for Russia conquering Europe, after their performance in Ukraine they couldn’t do that on their best day, that’s just dreaming.
If the 1 in a million chance that did occur, well once again they have themselves to blame. When was the last time any of the major economies hit their 2% minimum spending on defense?

- emptying Russia’s prisons and send all 500k inmates to Ukraine
i say that's a wise move, get rid of some degenerate while using them as shield for valued soldiers in a manner that nobody can accuse you of that move . hitting two bird with one arrow , provide cannon fodders for ukraine meat grinders while at the same time reduce the amount of ressources you had to use on prison system and eliminate the chance of some dangerous element return to society. (after all every body knew how Russian prison system act when it come to reforming the inmates)
calling general mobilization with the risk of popular revolt
we are not talking about France, we are talking about Russia, they always have Siberia solution for that problem.
sending all T14s, aircraft, ships and everything else intended for the Nato to Ukraine
war with NATO is just like the monster stories they say to children to make them behave , war with Ukraine is a reality, by the way the number of equipment such as su-57, su-35 and T14 are so scarce that they amount to nothing if the war with NATO happen .
- just one meal per day. stop having breakfast and lunch to save all the money for the military

Or the last resort
was the situation of ordinary Russian historically much better ?(I mean normal people not elites , if you look at history no matter the era , it be Tsar era or communist one ordinary Russians were always were used and abused by elites to fulfill the agendas of a select groups
the oppression tools once was KGB, Once Cossacks, once NKVD now the secret police even occupied the office, what you expect the situation for ordinary Russian be.......

i say that's a wise move, get rid of some degenerate while using them as shield for valued soldiers in a manner that nobody can accuse you of that move . hitting two bird with one arrow , provide cannon fodders for ukraine meat grinders while at the same time reduce the amount of ressources you had to use on prison system and eliminate the chance of some dangerous element return to society. (after all every body knew how Russian prison system act when it come to reforming the inmates)

we are not talking about France, we are talking about Russia, they always have Siberia solution for that problem.

war with NATO is just like the monster stories they say to children to make them behave , war with Ukraine is a reality, by the way the number of equipment such as su-57, su-35 and T14 are so scarce that they amount to nothing if the war with NATO happen .

was the situation of ordinary Russian historically much better ?(I mean normal people not elites , if you look at history no matter the era , it be Tsar era or communist one ordinary Russians were always were used and abused by elites to fulfill the agendas of a select groups
the oppression tools once was KGB, Once Cossacks, once NKVD now the secret police even occupied the office, what you expect the situation for ordinary Russian be.......
Sending all inmates to the war has great benefits. However, beware, those criminals can use guns against you. That happened in Russia when the October revolution broke out. Putin will share the same fate with Russia zar Nikolaus in 1917. Russia lost the war against Germany. The Russians had nothing to eat they were hungry they had nothing to lose. They revolted they killed the zar.

The same can be said that Russia is holding Ukraine, the USA, and the entire NATO single-handedly for the past 10 months. As I said its just a matter of perspective.

Before the Russian trolls get here, telling us how well their campaign is going,

He has decimated Ukraine but he has also decimated his own forces. He is not the strategist we believed and the Russian army is not the fighting force they led us to believe either. Because they cant finish what they have started!

Putin will share the same fate with Russia zar Nikolaus in 1917. Russia lost the war against Germany. The Russians had nothing to eat they were hungry they had nothing to lose. They revolted they killed the zar.
or he may become another Stalin. who knews

Before the Russian trolls get here, telling us how well their campaign is going,

He has decimated Ukraine but he has also decimated his own forces. He is not the strategist we believed and the Russian army is not the fighting force they led us to believe either. Because they cant finish what they have started!
Looking at current history not many countries can boast that they are an incredible fighting force.

or he may become another Stalin. who knews
Stalin was not better off. He suffered a heart attack and his comrades let him dying like a diseased dog.
Let’s see who will succeed Putin.
Medwedew has ambition. He threatens Ukraine and NATO with nukes every week.
Peskow or Prigozhin has ambitions too.

Only blind people can say it as a stupid perspective.
Then in a broad sense, we can also say none of the above countries dared to involve directly in this war except for pouring billions and billions of dollars of money and arms.
Russia constantly threathens nuclear escalation thats why.
Also its airforce remains mostly intact.

Europe demilitarized massively. It does not want war with russia, it wants russia to **** off out of ukraine.
And who knows what else Russia is hiding and not using in this war?
With satellites and spy network russia is not hiding whole armies that is for sure.
Why take Russia so lightly and why think Russia is only fighting Ukraine?
Its fighting ukraine on steroids.
Nato is holding it afloat economically and with billions of military aid.

But russia fighting ukraine aided by nato is a big difference with russia “fighting nato” rhetoric the russians like to portray. See my earlier post.
Russia has much bigger threats than Ukraine and you think Russia has lost all its resources in this war and has nothing left for other major foes?
Never underestimate your enemy.
It has most of its airforce and thousands of nukes. As for its conventional army power projection? That is being grinded away in ukraine.

russia has shown to be a bit of a paper tiger on the conventional army front really.
massive problems with training/corruption/doctrine/tactics.

Seriously? You do realize how many tanks China has right? Sending 5000 Abrams to Ukraine means Taiwan will be vulnerable.

Well after the 31 america stil had 4969 so will be fine.

But they could send all their tanks and it wont matter. Abrams would hardly get involved in a fight over taiwan. Airforce and navy would.

China is in no position to conquer taiwan as of yet. Seeing russias current shitshow in ukraine Xi probably delayed any plans on that.

Back
Top Bottom