What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

You are mistaken on multiple counts:
1. It is possible that size of military was deployed in Desert Shield in 91. Only a fraction of that size of force was in use in Iraqi Freedom.
2. No way 8 carriers were deployed. Total of 10-11 existed. At any given time , half of them are in port. Of the other half, 4-5, they are Pacific and Atlantic fleet and not deployed to one theater.
3. Iraqi army was at least as formidable and capable and possibly more so. They overran and captured Kuwait. Russia’s military objectives didn’t succeed to get Kiev.
4. Yes lets see how long this mutual dislike for the west lasts. Back in mid 50s they coudln’t even find common ground how to be communists and parted ways with China stuck in the 50s in industrial maturity till about the 90s.

It will take more than a visit from Xi to cement this long term given for almost 49 years they did not want to deal with each other

I disagree. There is a common misconception in the US Chinese and Russians hate each other's guts but that is not true. Today Russia is the modern day Great Wall of China. Chinese have favorable view of Russians and vice versa. As long as the US supports Taiwan to retake the mainland, China will not have good relation with the US.

At this point the battle will be decided in Bakhmut, kramatorsk and slovansk.. All of Ukraines forces once defeated there it could be over as Ukraine may not have anything left to protect other places..

Zelensky is being bullish about Bakhmut but also Ukraines best forces and over 50% of its forces were located anyways in that sector since 2015 facing of the rebels..

@jhungary what is your take on this
My take? I think I have made my assertion many time before. But I will group up my thought here.

If I were the Russian

Leave Bakhmut now, it's taking too long and having to exert your force too long to try to take the city, I know there is going to be an Ukrainian counter offensive coming, but I don't know where. If I were the Russian, I would need those troop building defensive position around the likely point of attack. Any day the Russian keep devoting resource to try and take Bakhmut is a day they could have use those resource to build defensive line around critical location.

Offensive is you take 1 step forward 2 steps back, if the Spring offensive for Russia only can get to Bakhmut, which mean you will be expected to get rolled back all the way back to Popasna or even Hirsky. The attack more or less had failed, if they did not withdraw from Bakhmut and prepare for a counter attack coming in June/July-ish, you are looking at a chance you lose it all, that's how the Soviet encircle the German 6th Army in Stalingrad back in WW2 in case you are wondering. You focusing on a city, you can't quite get and failed to notice the build up around you, and when they launch in overwhelming number, your lines are going to get crush, if Russia keep fighting in Bakhmut, chances is high this will happen to them

If I were the Ukrainian

I would have withdraw from Bakhmut already., I wouldn't waste my resource defend that city, using the old strategy, kill as many Russian trying to hold a town, and then leave. Defend the next town and repeat and rinse, then wait for the big event. The counter attack. Bakhmut is not at all essential to even get to Kramatorsk and Sloviansk. You have around 6 or 7 towns in between, and holding Bakhmut for over 9 months, means the Ukrainian would most likely have made very good defensive position behind Bakhmut, I would rather defend those position and make every subsequent town Russia try to take into bakhmut, this is what I would prefer to do.

The main event for the Ukrianian is not defending Bakhmut or Chariv Yar or Vasylivka, the main event for Ukraine should be and must be on the Counter Offensive with the 3 newly formed Armour Brigade with the Western Tank. That is what they should focus on, so when they reinforce the line instead of pulling out, that's a degraded defensive position you are talking about, you are going to suffer more casualty than an intact and prepared defensive position. Which mean anyone Ukrainian lost now would not be able to get them into the main event of the counter offensive, that's for me is a strategic error for the Ukrainian.

Overall, I don't see how Russia can roll over Kramatorsk and Sloviansk and take the entire Donbas, those are pretty big city, and you can't just attack them head on like you do with Bakhmut, and the distant between Bakhmut and those cities is still quite huge, there are still some city in between as big as Bakhmut Chariv Yar, Vasylivka and then you are talking about the twin citiies themselves, home to a million people each, if it take the Russian 7 months to take Bakhmut (assuming they can do it before April) it will take roughly 1 to 2 years to conquer all those city given if Ukraine did not defend the defensive line they made in between, and then it would be multiple yearly event for the Russian try to take Kramatorsk and Sloviansk. I don't think Russia have that long.

So to sum up, my thoughts are

Russia should leave Bakhmut and redeploy their troop to strength the line.
Ukraine should leave Bakhmut and reserve those force for the summer push.
Russia most likely will not conquer the whole of Donbas.

AWACS can't guide the missile you fool
Awacs can do that. I dont know why you or any member here have to be so disrespectful to anyone.
Quoting someones comment from Quora,

"The AIM-54C Phoenix was receiving targeting information back to the F-14 as well as with the E-2C Hawkeye AEW&C aircraft through Link 16 datalink. There’s not a ton of information about it out there as it’s still classified, but it does seem likely that the Phoenix had the ability to receive guidance from an AWACS aircraft"

However, this is old story and has been debated that F14 wont fire a missile until it has searched and tracked the target. But, this is f14 we are talking about and that is probably 20 to 25 years ago. Now it certainly is available. Pakistan Jf17 forum had several debates on whether jf17 can defeat su30 radar by partial guidance from AWACS to make the missile more resistant to Electronic warfare attacks so that means high tech countries like US, CHINA and Russia or other modern countries probably have some kind of similar mechanism.

Awacs can do that. I dont know why you or any member here have to be so disrespectful to anyone.
Quoting someones comment from Quora,

"The AIM-54C Phoenix was receiving targeting information back to the F-14 as well as with the E-2C Hawkeye AEW&C aircraft through Link 16 datalink. There’s not a ton of information about it out there as it’s still classified, but it does seem likely that the Phoenix had the ability to receive guidance from an AWACS aircraft"

However, this is old story and has been debated that F14 wont fire a missile until it has searched and tracked the target. But, this is f14 we are talking about and that is probably 20 to 25 years ago. Now it certainly is available. Pakistan Jf17 forum had several debates on whether jf17 can defeat su30 radar by partial guidance from AWACS to make the missile more resistant to Electronic warfare attacks so that means high tech countries like US, CHINA and Russia or other modern countries probably have some kind of similar mechanism.
I doubt Russia have that CAPABILITY so far because its lack modern avionics on A-50

And tell me how its possible explain in detail

You do know nothing about modern warfare works

PLEASE: Don‘t reply to him, he is a troll, a stupid idiot who is onyl diverting the discussion from relevant information to such stupid comparisons like it has composit, it has DSI … so its better, ranges beyond facts and numbers out of his a.. that‘s all he can post besides having fun posting propaganda.

So do us all a favour and stop feed this troll with replies as if you could argue with him.

A guy who thinks this war is a „German-China proxi war“ like he constantly claims on his Twitter account cannot be helped. It‘s plain hopeless.

Dear lord at this rate the family farming my land back home should donate their 10-year-old tractor to Russia.
Well.. Ukrainians are using the maxim machine-gun..so..

Next time maybe the T-34 will show up with Era armor..HaHaHa!

Back
Top Bottom