What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

it has the option of an electro optic camera installed on tellar itself. and HARM needs an emitting radar. if there is no emition fat chance that it can hit anything and standof weapon needs to find the target first,
and you think how RQ-4 was hit without spy plane that was flying beside it or the RQ-4 itself don't be aware of being targetted

HARM does NOT need emitting Radar, you, it's a beam riding missile, which mean you can fire at target with your own active radar which can lock any target it detected, whether or not it emits Radar Signature. You just don't know that is a SAM radar. Say a E-3A pick up a ground target, they can still use HARM, which have 150KM range to destroy it. IT does not need it to turn on. With Link 16, whatever the E-3A can ping, F-16 can shoot. You can verify with other means.

Tanks can't emit Radar Beam either, how do E-3A/Apache pick up where enemy tank were?

And I don't understand the argument for RQ-4 Global Hawk, that is not a stealth drone, which mean you can pick that up and shoot it down, you radar wasn't torched afterward may or may not be because of the US Air Force did not see you. They may and they choose not to engage. Which is highly likely in this sense because would you risk starting a war and kill 4 or whatever people in that Radar Vehicle over a drone??
so standard and patriot are not percise either. those twomissile fired is because they want to be certain of the hit

The difference is, we are not converting Standard Missile and Patriot missile for Ground Attack role, there are dual use Standard Missile that can target Air and Ship. But that is a design project. We aren't using them to attack shipping.

That show how desperate Russia need for Stand Off attack capability. And why not just convert the SCUD that was put in storage, if they can be reuse, I am pretty sure it's a lot less work than try to put S-300 on ground duty. That show you they can't do it. Which is my point.
wonder what it has to do to our discussion , a radar can be booted in every aspect but don't emit any wave

It's like saying your phone can be booted and on standby without emitting any signal..........

Again, this is about EMCOM. which you claim you can just shut off the radar and then turn it on, I said that is NOT possible without any emission, that is the point. You boot up a system, you have emission, emission is not just about radar wave, I am not going to teach you the entire book of SIGINT. I will just give you one example for EMCON - SCIF.

Last edited:
you guys are so transfixed with western weaponary that are not even willing to think maybe some one find another way to engage enemy aircrafts.
as i said there are medium range system out there that don't need radar to engage enemy.
How can you detect incoming aircraft or missile without radar? Given those objects are beyond visual range. If you don’t „see“ it you can’t detect it coming. Radar is like human eye. The other option is detecting or „seeing“ the heat signature of those flying objects. Aircraft and missiles are „hot“ objects they emit infrared or electromagnetic waves. Heat seaking sensor does the job.

There is passive radar to detect flying objects without emitting radar beams. However technically it is called radar too. SAM usually has both radar and heat seeking sensor. And of course a ground station guiding the interception. There is no other option. A bit of physics.

There is passive radar to detect flying objects without emitting radar beams. However technically it is called radar too.
I have explained on this forum yrs ago that there is no such animal as a 'passive' radar. All radars needs a transmission source so that make it no such thing as a 'passive' radar. You can bring up a web site that uses those words but that still does not make it technically true.

Does anyone have some sort of map or something that would show the spread of radiation if that Nuclear power (zapro something) plant is hit and destroyed?

How can you detect incoming aircraft or missile without radar? Given those objects are beyond visual range. If you don’t „see“ it you can’t detect it coming. Radar is like human eye. The other option is detecting or „seeing“ the heat signature of those flying objects. Aircraft and missiles are „hot“ objects they emit infrared or electromagnetic waves. Heat seaking sensor does the job.

There is passive radar to detect flying objects without emitting radar beams. However technically it is called radar too. SAM usually has both radar and heat seeking sensor. And of course a ground station guiding the interception. There is no other option. A bit of physics.
In their mind,

They launch missile in EVERY SINGLE DIRECTION and hope the onboard sensor can lock onto something.

That's how accident happens tho.

I have explained on this forum yrs ago that there is no such animal as a 'passive' radar. All radars needs a transmission source so that make it no such thing as a 'passive' radar. You can bring up a web site that uses those words but that still does not make it technically true.
That is very complex system necessary. Hensoldt and Aulus can do the detection without sending active radar beams. There is no sender there is only receiver. A stealth plane like F35 can’t avoid being hit and reflected by UKW, DAB and DVB electromagnetic waves. Not yet.

Does anyone have some sort of map or something that would show the spread of radiation if that Nuclear power (zapro something) plant is hit and destroyed?
Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant, sometime it's known as Enerhodar Nuclear Power plant (Where the plant located)

It was not destroyed and if they were destroyed, it would be worse than Chernobyl, as its reactor is twice the size of Chernobyl.....

Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant, sometime it's known as Enerhodar Nuclear Power plant (Where the plant located)

It was not destroyed and if they were destroyed, it would be worse than Chernobyl, as its reactor is twice the size of Chernobyl.....
Oh shit
Screenshot_20210718_161155.jpg

In their mind,

They launch missile in EVERY SINGLE DIRECTION and hope the onboard sensor can lock onto something.

That's how accident happens tho.
Putin has lots of missiles and bombs to spare, even with 10 percent success rate it’s ok for him. Interesting he considers Ukraine as same people.
They bombard Ukraine cities with aerosol bombs. That’s comparable to napalm. pure terror.

Back
Top Bottom