What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

What a bunch of nonsense, from a guy, who seems to lack even the basic education in physics. Kinematics to be precise.

First: Few of this missiles exploded at the same high, because the GMLRS missiles fired at constant time intervalls and the SAMs also, so at the end you will have the same altitude of interception. This are grade 8 physics.

Second: Russians SAMs intercepted 15 out of 18 missiles. Not perfect, but not bad also.

Such a propaganda clown, lol.

Yeah, and Seagal is an expert at it.
He’s used only for propaganda purposes of the Kremlin.
First he was paid as an actor in bad movies, now he’s a paid actor for Russian propaganda. How low can you go

But as Röpcke says, it comes at a huge cost, which Putin doesn’t care about. The question is, how long can and will the Russian population accept this war of attrition? I mean, Russia is not winning anything with it, except useless, destroyed barren countryside.
And if the would want to keep it, they have to fix it, which also comes at a huge cost.
So, I wonder what their long term strategy is (if they have any)
The moron Jihadi Julian knows shit about the costs russia has. War of attrition, lol. The only war of attrition is on the kiev side. Like Lindsey Graham said: UKUSA will fight to the last Ukrainian.

Last edited:
First: Few of this missiles exploded at the same high, because the GMLRS missiles fired at constant time intervalls and the SAMs also, so at the end you will have the same altitude of interception. This are grade 8 physics.
not really GMLRS rockets are quipped with CAS control actuation systems, Each rocket can alter its trajectory inflight so a salvo of rockets launched together may or may not have the same flight profile.Besides, I noticed multiple surface explosions in that video so it hardly supports your theory of successful interception.

yes but i say it don't need to turn on the radar to get a lock , so HARM capability of tracking the target if it stop radiating but stay in vicinity is useless because there was no radiation to lock on even at the beginning . the only warning is several second before dive .
You are clearly ignorant, and I say that kindly, of how a 'lock' process works. Even at the speed of light, any radar system will require several seconds of target illumination -- UNDER IDEAL ENVIRONMENT -- to get a lock. When we say 'ideal environment' we are not talking laboratory condition. We are looking at clear day, no weather interference, no geographic barriers, and the target is cooperative meaning not maneuvering. In other words, airport traffic control. Is this in combat?

The reason it takes several seconds is because the target is non-cooperative in every way, from exploiting physical barriers such as terrain to employing EM countermeasures, and when, not if, there are multiple adversaries as how SEAD/DEAD attacks always are, the Surveillance radar will not be able to get a lock at all while transmitting trying to get a radar signature. And this is with just ONE ANTENNA ROTATION. On the next rotation, the same attempt. And so on.

Now add in multiple HARMs in the mix. Surveillance must have sufficient time, as in seconds, to discriminate multiple targets. So while Surveillance struggles to figure out if a 'blip' is one or two attackers, one attacker is that 'blip' out of range while the other attacker's HARM acquire the ground location. Back in Desert Storm, a fighter can real time data link to everyone in the vicinity.

On the F-16 SEAD/DEAD, one effective tactic of confusing the radar is with the Doppler component, namely, a sudden drop in speed then launch the HARM. Pull the throttle back to near idle and open the air brakes at the same time, depending on the airspeed the pilot could be tossed forward in the cockpit up to 9g but the harness will restrain him, but he will still be able to release the HARM, then the radar die. Tracking radars have higher pulse repetition (PRF) than Surveillance which make the Tracking radar an even easier target for spoofing and for the HARM. Tracking radars are programmed, or if manually operated the soldier is instructed, to resolve any target anomalies before SAM launch. A SEAD/DEAD pilot can complicate the maneuver by making a sharp turn with the sudden airspeed drop, and not releasing his HARM, in doing so, he will compel the Tracking radar to refocus on him while the wingmen (plural) attack the radar. A barrel roll is sufficiently an attractive variable for the Tracking radar. Each maneuver costs the SAM fuel and time and if the SAM is forced to maneuver the same as the target, the odds of failure, depending on range, increases with each 1/10th of a sec. Each movement by the fighter creates what is called 'angular corrections' in the tracking algorithm, therefore, the Tracking radar must focus on the maneuvering target for as long as possible to give the SAM a target solution.

Why 1/10th of a sec? Because of the physical limitations from the mechanical flight control systems of missiles. Theoretical Mathematics is one thing, Applied Mathematics is another.

The missile looks at the angle of off-centeredness and changes its angle of flight proportionally. In other words, it uses a multiplier. If the multiplier is 2, then if the guidance system thinks it is 10 degrees off course, it will change its flight direction by 20 degrees. Then, a tenth of a second later it will look at the angle again, and change again. By over-correcting this way, it lets the missile anticipate the path of the moving plane in the same way that you anticipate the path of a moving object.​

How do we know this? Because we analyzed the Desert Storm EM records and replicated them in Red Flag exercises. You think we are amateurs at this? :frown:

The F-16 is the goddamed KING of SEAD/DEAD, pal.

The HARM is useless if the radar does not transmit? :lol:

The 'S' in SEAD stands for SUPPRESSION. If you do not transmit, it is 'Mission Accomplished' for my flight. We may return to kill you, that is the 'D' in DEAD which stands for DESTRUCTION, at a later time. But now that we know where you are, a flight of B-52s will do a fine job of killing you later. So no, even if my HARM missed you or I did not launched, the fact that you electronically shut up meant I won. :enjoy:

I can tell you to 'Ask the Iraqis' but doubtful if any of Iraqi Army Desert Storm vets are still around to tell their stories. If US/NATO is in this fight, the Russian air defense forces WILL be as ineffective and die as ignobly as the Iraqi Army did. But hey...I hope Iran sent 'expert advisers' in air defense who thinks like you to Russia.

The 'S' in SEAD stands for SUPPRESSION. If you do not transmit, it is 'Mission Accomplished' for my flight. We may return to kill you, that is the 'D' in DEAD which stands for DESTRUCTION, at a later time. But now that we know where you are, a flight of B-52s will do a fine job of killing you later. So no, even if my HARM missed you or I did not launched, the fact that you electronically shut up meant I won. :enjoy:
you guys are so transfixed with western weaponary that are not even willing to think maybe some one find another way to engage enemy aircrafts.
as i said there are medium range system out there that don't need radar to engage enemy.

MaxxPro in Ukraine
https://defense-arab.com/vb/data/xfmg/video/504/504617-be0188b38854e85f18620931c3f7237d.mp4

The systematic targeting of Russian soldiers
https://defense-arab.com/vb/data/xfmg/video/504/504625-c1a6e3cf054b955858749deedc8e985c.mp4

"🅾️" show off their new trophies
Warriors capture new trophies, but also master them in order to destroy ukrai

In today's review, the Swedish AT-4 disposable anti-tank rocket launcher and the Ukrainian "Stugna-P" anti-tank missile system.

What a bunch of nonsense, from a guy, who seems to lack even the basic education in physics. Kinematics to be precise.

Second: Russians SAMs intercepted 15 out of 18 missiles. Not perfect, but not bad also.

Such a propaganda clown, lol.
There were 5 hits at that end of the bridge, and possibly 3 at the other end of the bridge during an earlier strike. No 18 missiles were fired. Youre the propaganda clown

Last edited:
You are clearly ignorant, and I say that kindly, of how a 'lock' process works. Even at the speed of light, any radar system will require several seconds of target illumination -- UNDER IDEAL ENVIRONMENT -- to get a lock. When we say 'ideal environment' we are not talking laboratory condition. We are looking at clear day, no weather interference, no geographic barriers, and the target is cooperative meaning not maneuvering. In other words, airport traffic control. Is this in combat?

The reason it takes several seconds is because the target is non-cooperative in every way, from exploiting physical barriers such as terrain to employing EM countermeasures, and when, not if, there are multiple adversaries as how SEAD/DEAD attacks always are, the Surveillance radar will not be able to get a lock at all while transmitting trying to get a radar signature. And this is with just ONE ANTENNA ROTATION. On the next rotation, the same attempt. And so on.

Now add in multiple HARMs in the mix. Surveillance must have sufficient time, as in seconds, to discriminate multiple targets. So while Surveillance struggles to figure out if a 'blip' is one or two attackers, one attacker is that 'blip' out of range while the other attacker's HARM acquire the ground location. Back in Desert Storm, a fighter can real time data link to everyone in the vicinity.

On the F-16 SEAD/DEAD, one effective tactic of confusing the radar is with the Doppler component, namely, a sudden drop in speed then launch the HARM. Pull the throttle back to near idle and open the air brakes at the same time, depending on the airspeed the pilot could be tossed forward in the cockpit up to 9g but the harness will restrain him, but he will still be able to release the HARM, then the radar die. Tracking radars have higher pulse repetition (PRF) than Surveillance which make the Tracking radar an even easier target for spoofing and for the HARM. Tracking radars are programmed, or if manually operated the soldier is instructed, to resolve any target anomalies before SAM launch. A SEAD/DEAD pilot can complicate the maneuver by making a sharp turn with the sudden airspeed drop, and not releasing his HARM, in doing so, he will compel the Tracking radar to refocus on him while the wingmen (plural) attack the radar. A barrel roll is sufficiently an attractive variable for the Tracking radar. Each maneuver costs the SAM fuel and time and if the SAM is forced to maneuver the same as the target, the odds of failure, depending on range, increases with each 1/10th of a sec. Each movement by the fighter creates what is called 'angular corrections' in the tracking algorithm, therefore, the Tracking radar must focus on the maneuvering target for as long as possible to give the SAM a target solution.

Why 1/10th of a sec? Because of the physical limitations from the mechanical flight control systems of missiles. Theoretical Mathematics is one thing, Applied Mathematics is another.

The missile looks at the angle of off-centeredness and changes its angle of flight proportionally. In other words, it uses a multiplier. If the multiplier is 2, then if the guidance system thinks it is 10 degrees off course, it will change its flight direction by 20 degrees. Then, a tenth of a second later it will look at the angle again, and change again. By over-correcting this way, it lets the missile anticipate the path of the moving plane in the same way that you anticipate the path of a moving object.​

How do we know this? Because we analyzed the Desert Storm EM records and replicated them in Red Flag exercises. You think we are amateurs at this? :frown:

The F-16 is the goddamed KING of SEAD/DEAD, pal.

The HARM is useless if the radar does not transmit? :lol:

I can tell you to 'Ask the Iraqis' but doubtful if any of Iraqi Army Desert Storm vets are still around to tell their stories. If US/NATO is in this fight, the Russian air defense forces WILL be as ineffective and die as ignobly as the Iraqi Army did. But hey...I hope Iran sent 'expert advisers' in air defense who thinks like you to Russia.

You have comprehension issues and cognitive dissonance. The guy has repeatedly referred to SAM systems using EOP search and tracking, not radars. Yet all you can do is spill your bilge about HARM this and HARM that.

Last edited:
such as 3rd of khordad that can use E/O to fire the missile for targets up to 70/75km away and use missile onboard radars activated at last second of flight for precise targeting when the missile dive.
You mean this...???

Sevom Khordad, also known as 3rd Khordad, is the most advanced and powerful Iranian medium-range air defense missile system. It was officially displayed in 2016. It uses a 6x6 wheeled chassis, based on IVECO commercial truck, though with many design changes. This air defense system contains an active phased array radar on top in the front part and three missiles behind it.​

What is the radar used for?

Back
Top Bottom