What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

ZeGerman

"Europe is back in arms of USA. Block cohesion stronger then many decades."

E x a c t l y

Provoking (2008 ... 2014 ... 2021 ...) this crisis had two objectives: on the one hand to destabilize Russia and bet on a regime change and, on the other hand, to consolidate the club of European vassals

This second objective has been fully achieved

We saw it live: Joe Biden said in front of the TV cameras and in front of the supposed chancellor of supposedly Germany that the gas-tube if he wanted to, he would cut it.

A surprised journalist asked him, and he made it clear again. And the Chancellor of supposedly Germany smiled.

No about feeding that tiny apartheid state in the Middle East.
Well, do you honestly think if Iran would go sink a US Carrier, they wouldn't do anything to Israel??

And then do you honestly think if they (the Iranian) did do that, the US will not be using Israeli to mess with the Iranian??

so how hard is it to think it will happened like that??

@jhungary

How would Russia at its current state fare against countries like South Korea/Japan/Poland conventionally?

When I see the Russians getting stuck in Bakhmut for months and read how the Russians will get pushed back with weapons like HIMARS/Leopard 2s/F16s, I get a bit puzzled. Are the Russians really that incompetent?

Many countries have access to these weapons, and even a small country like Singapore has a quite a number of them. Which made me wonder, if we donate all of our weapons to Ukraine in a hypothetical scenario, the Russians will be under great military pressure...? It's quite unfathomable.

1677669816674.png

1677670051257.png

Well, do you honestly think if Iran would go sink a US Carrier, they wouldn't do anything to Israel??

And then do you honestly think if they (the Iranian) did do that, the US will not be using Israeli to mess with the Iranian??

so how hard is it to think it will happened like that??
It will happen, surely.
All I was saying you stretched it too far.
If things go that bad USA will be busy first protecting their own ***. USA only cares for her personal interests. Isra-el is just a puppet backed by them to keep the middle east busy. The USA will have its own woes and will not care what Iran will do to Isra-el or Isra-el to Iran.

ZeGerman

"Europe is back in arms of USA. Block cohesion stronger then many decades."

E x a c t l y

Provoking (2008 ... 2014 ... 2021 ...) this crisis had two objectives: on the one hand to destabilize Russia and bet on a regime change and, on the other hand, to consolidate the club of European vassals

This second objective has been fully achieved

We saw it live: Joe Biden said in front of the TV cameras and in front of the supposed chancellor of supposedly Germany that the gas-tube if he wanted to, he would cut it.

A surprised journalist asked him, and he made it clear again. And the Chancellor of supposedly Germany smiled.
I am not happy about the heavy dependancy on USA again. (Weapons/gas/political).
USA is not to be trusted. In it for its own benefit.

However with Putin choosing to play risk and annex territory like its ww2 again…main responsibility lies on them. (Russia also meddles in bordering countries and eu since 2008 or even before…)
Germany and France all but begged him to not start this misadventure.

I had hopes (same as merkel) that through trade and inclusion russia would partner with europe. However russia sees that as weakness to be exploited.

It will happen, surely.
All I was saying you stretched it too far.
If things go that bad USA will be busy first protecting their own ***. USA only cares for her personal interests. Isra-el is just a puppet backed by them to keep the middle east busy. The USA will have its own woes and will not care what Iran will do to Isra-el or Isra-el to Iran.
The problem is, you are not talking about Iran attack Israel and US jump in for the save....

You are talking about a scenario where US themselves was being attacked. I don't know a lot about my country, but I do know this, every time America is being attack, American would think they were being dumb for those attack, and there are no boundary if you attack us, nothing more uniting the country then someone here fu ck with us, and if that is the case, we will hold grudge, and hold it for a very long time. It may have been a costly adventure, it may not work in the end, but WE WILL ATTACK YOU WITH EVERYTHING WE GOT IF YOU ATTACK US. That much I do know about America and American.

@jhungary

How would Russia at its current state fare against countries like South Korea/Japan/Poland conventionally?

When I see the Russians getting stuck in Bakhmut for months and read how the Russians will get pushed back with weapons like HIMARS/Leopard 2s/F16s, I get a bit puzzled. Are the Russians really that incompetent?

Many countries have access to these weapons, and even a small country like Singapore has a quite a number of them. Which made me wonder, if we donate all of our weapons to Ukraine in a hypothetical scenario, the Russians will be under great military pressure...? It's quite unfathomable.

View attachment 918342

View attachment 918343
Really, really hard to judge.

There is a chances the Russian don't think Ukraine was anything but a cake walk thus the result followed, I mean, if they were to fight a perceived "More competent" military, they may approach the situation differently, and thus it might have a different result. But that we probably would never knows unless it does happen.

But if we were to use the effort Russian made in Ukraine and copy and paste it to other competent military, I will say a repeated winter war might have a different outcome. I would think even smaller Baltic nation (like Estonia, Latvia) would have a chance, and there are completely no chance that Russia would win against a peer or near peer.

As for the second part of a question. Funny you should ask, because US Army general Laura Richardson said in a presser that US would replace every Russian weapon donated by LATAM with US made weapon. Don't know how many LATAM country took the "bait" but I think that is more or a test than actual help with Ukraine.

On the other hand, if country like Singapore transfer all their weapon to Ukraine and given them enough time to train and familiar themselves with, that is a very dangerous predicament for the Russian. The problem for Russia is, Ukraine know how the they fight, because they themselves was taught by the Russian and using the same playbook, for us in the West, we don't really know how Russian fight but we try to guess which way or what weapon to use effectively against the Russian, but for the Ukrainian, they don't need to guess, they know, again, it go back to the point they themselves trained with Russian doctrine, which mean every western weapon they have is going to be extra dangerous because in theory, they would have been more effectively using them against the Russian than any of the NATO country or non-NATO major alliance member. That in itself will serve as a force multiplier, that's why they could make a mess out of the russian with just 20 or 24 HIMARS, because that number alone mean nothing, because you need to know where to hit or what target to hit, and when you yourself is familiar with how the other side fight, you will of course know what the other guy think and know where to hit and what to hit, thus the result.

Last edited:
M1 is a bad choice for Ukraine terrain.

It depends.

Muddy track actually favor heavier tank because you have more torsion to pull the track out, it's like a car, if you got stuck on mud, the more horsepower the car had would have a better chance to unstuck in the mud.

But if you are talking about the Autumn/Winter watery/lava like soil in Ukraine, then I think all tanks are a bad choice to operate during those condition.

Really, really hard to judge.

There is a chances the Russian don't think Ukraine was anything but a cake walk thus the result followed, I mean, if they were to fight a more perceived "More competent" military, they may approach the situation differently, and thus it might have a different result. But that we probably would never knows unless it does happen.

But if we were to use the effort Russian made in Ukraine and copy and paste it to other competent military, I will say a repeated winter war might have a different outcome. I would think even smaller Baltic nation (like Estonia, Latvia) would have a chance, and there are completely no chance that Russia would win against a peer or near peer.

As for the second part of a question. Funny you should ask, because US Army general Laura Richardson said in a presser that US would replace every Russian weapon donated by LATAM with US made weapon. Don't know how many LATAM country took the "bait" but I think that is more or a test than actual help with Ukraine.

On the other hand, if country like Singapore transfer all their weapon to Ukraine and given them enough time to train and familiar themselves with, that is a very dangerous predicament for the Russian. The problem for Russia is, Ukraine know how the they fight, because they themselves was taught by the Russian and using the same playbook, for us in the West, we don't really know how Russian fight but we try to guess which way or what weapon to use effectively against the Russian, but for the Ukrainian, they don't need to guess, they know, again, it go back to the point they themselves trained with Russian doctrine, which mean every western weapon they have is going to be extra dangerous because in theory, they would have been more effectively using them against the Russian than any of the NATO country or non-NATO major alliance member. That in itself will serve as a force multiplier, that's why they could make a mess out of the russian with just 20 or 24 HIMARS, because that number alone mean nothing, because you need to know where to hit or what target to hit, and when you yourself is familiar with how the other side fight, you will of course know what the other guy think and know where to hit and what to hit, thus the result.

Thanks for your detailed response.

Back
Top Bottom