What's new

Featured Russia Teases 'Fundamentally New' Military Aircraft to Be Unveiled

Lack of a single piece canopy is an interesting choice - very much a Sukhoi product.

Sukhoi LTS - CheckMate - 2.jpg

Now that's pretty jet! 😍

Ok based on nothing but quick observation, it seems the following are similar / taken from Su-57 :
- Canopy --> back sliding canopy
- Landing gears
- V-tail --> shape looks the same, but can't be sure if it's an all moving tail.
- and of course the engine has been confirmed most obvious candidate will be the Izdeliye-30.

So all in all.. it really seems to be a single engine version of Su-57.. This would definitely help reduce development costs... and provide some commonality with Su-57.

Last edited:
That is a pretty jet. Just curious where you heard the conformation that the engine is the Izdeliye-30?

Ah apologies.. it's not confirmed actually.. more being the most "obvious candidate"... it was discussed in some article and forums...

Indians are bankrupt. They simple do not have any money to buy any new equipment.
BUt India keeps buying from US, like P-8 pseidons, UH-60s, armed drones - India even got more $$ from savings due to local production of more military equipment. India has money to spend on defense imo.

BUt India keeps buying from US, like P-8 pseidons, UH-60s, armed drones - India even got more $$ from savings due to local production of more military equipment. India has money to spend on defense imo.
Pakistan will not allow India acquire this aircraft. Pakistan-Russian friendship has grown deeper and taller than some mountains now largely helped by India's new found affinity towards western weapons.

The Russian president visit to Pakistan is imminent as discussed here on this forum. If Pakistan can fund some of the developmental costs, they could be the first export customer.

Russia needs access to warm water ports and will ditch India now at the drop of a hat.

That's an even better one than the one I posted. The blending is much more fluid.
This thing is creating quite the buzz on social media. Apparently Rostec doesn't know who took that quick video and leaked it and are looking for him. :lol: 👍 Whoever it was, he is one balsy fella lol. The other thing is it seems there wasn't much security detail there to be sure no one took any pictures. Just a few guys and gals looking away or working on something.

BTW, it looks like many of us got duped by that tarp at the intake. The way it creased at the top corner of the intake and up to the cockpit made us think its intakes were also on the side of the fuselage when they're obviously not. That can only mean that the LERX protrudes all the way out until the top edge of the intake and then turns in towards the stealth edge. This CGI illustrates that well.

1626625591391.png

The rest of these look pretty accurate to what we see in the leaked video and stills.

1626625836420.png

1626625851442.png

1626625866123.png

1626625879589.png

BTW, it looks like many of us got duped by that tarp at the intake. The way it creased at the top corner of the intake and up to the cockpit made us think its intakes were also on the side of the fuselage when they're obviously not.

That line might still be there though. Its just hidden by the camo. Look closer where the red line is

denk0x0-3af16257-b497-4291-8517-febdc244ba0a.jpg

That line might still be there though. Its just hidden by the camo. Look closer where the red line is

Could be, now that you mention it and I cropped the pic and barely see what could possibly be an edge. But the one I see doesn't line up with that red line where it meets the canopy. The faint one I see is a little bit more forward at the canopy point. But you could very well be right that there might be one there.

Could be, now that you mention it and I cropped the pic and barely see what could possibly be an edge. But the one I see doesn't line up with that red line where it meets the canopy. The faint one I see is a little bit more forward at the canopy point. But you could very well be right that there might be one there.

I could be wrong but I'm getting a feeling it doesn't have internal bays for weapons.

New Russian plane will reportedly have integrated electro-optical targeting system which is no surprise.

View attachment 763246

View attachment 763247
https://ria.ru/20210717/istrebitel-1741670150.html
Some serious trolling of the RN
That's an even better one than the one I posted. The blending is much more fluid.
This thing is creating quite the buzz on social media. Apparently Rostec doesn't know who took that quick video and leaked it and are looking for him. :lol: 👍 Whoever it was, he is one balsy fella lol. The other thing is it seems there wasn't much security detail there to be sure no one took any pictures. Just a few guys and gals looking away or working on something.

BTW, it looks like many of us got duped by that tarp at the intake. The way it creased at the top corner of the intake and up to the cockpit made us think its intakes were also on the side of the fuselage when they're obviously not. That can only mean that the LERX protrudes all the way out until the top edge of the intake and then turns in towards the stealth edge. This CGI illustrates that well.

View attachment 763352

The rest of these look pretty accurate to what we see in the leaked video and stills.

View attachment 763353

View attachment 763354

View attachment 763355

View attachment 763357
Not a bad design. People at Boeing’s Phantom Works are probably thinking of their X-32 today after seeing this. Now they will get to see how it fares against the Lockheed Skunk works F-35

Back
Top Bottom