What's new

Featured Russia Teases 'Fundamentally New' Military Aircraft to Be Unveiled

I could be wrong but I'm getting a feeling it doesn't have internal bays for weapons.

Looks like one of the bay doors is already open in that pic above, below the LERX right under the number 75. Then I would safely bet that there's an opposite one on the other side and by some calculations being done by some other fans on another board, there should be enough room on the belly for a ventral weapons bay between the end of the front landing gear housing and the engine fan.

Hard to tell if that specific pic is photoshopped or not, especially when it bears the image of HMS Defender lol. It's also in a rather odd location to the right side of the ventral fuselage, but you never know. Russians have been known to do things differently than everyone else so the location wouldn't surprise me terribly. But that specific one with the image looks to be doctored to some extent.

IMO this is just confirmation that the new aircraft will be equiped with integrated electro-optical targeting system, not how it will exactly look like. Anyway we will soon know.
BTW its highly likely that this new aircraft will be named Su-75.

Rostec ha aggiunto alcuni frame interessanti nel suo video

Schermata-20.png

Interesting placement of internal weapon bays for short range AAM, not quite blended in with the wing as we see on the Su-57, but rather the fuselage/intake. Will be interesting to see the size of the main ventral internal weapon bay, my guess would be it's around half the length of the one on the Su-57.

BTW its highly likely that this new aircraft will be named Su-75.

I've heard this several times throughout the course of the day today, as these leaked video & pics have been revealed. Curious why you think so? Is it because of the bort number on the aircraft, or is it because it's the swapping of the Su-57's numbers?

There was also a statement from one of the Sukhoi reps in one of the ultimate combat videos where they were featuring the Su-57 and he was being interviewed while walking around the aircraft and he just came out with this comment - "...and by the way, if you add 22 and 35 (as in the F-22 & F-35) you get 57." lol. He never said that was the reason for designating it the Su-57, but I thought that was interesting that a Sukhoi rep would even say something like that. So maybe this is just the swapping of the 57 to 75? Or you think it's something else?

Turkey has one more option othwr than SU57 now

Turkey has no intention of acquiring Russian aircraft in the near future. The only difficulty here is not just the acquisition of the aircraft. Appropriate infrastructure transformation, training and documentation, maintenance lines, avionics accesses, system-based enhancements, cryptology and comm between machines, etc. could require building an air force from scratch. Bringing it to operational level under force command could take longer than developing any new aircraft. Even if you leave aside the economic, political and geo-political reasons, it is not as simple as it is discussed here.

We will watch the rollout ceremony of the jet anyway. There isn't even a ready jet. Therefore, such speculations are useless. Let's first see the concept of Rostec and what standards it offers to the market under what conditions.

Countries like Vietnam and Argentina, on the other side , they already have geopolitics that could be Russia's natural market. But the real strangest thing is that while India's light and medium class combat jet projects continue, India is emphasized in these promotional activities.

By the way, I like Rostec's marketing strategy. If they can analyze the JSF well in terms of logistics control and political conditions; It can be an important factor in building an alternative military perspective to the US concept of joint platform.

Last edited:
The Chinese have the J-31. And this LMFS will be a perfect match to go against it.
If CN attack Taiwan within 10 years, I bet that PLA will use Russian jets (Su 30, SU 35 etc) . CN J-31 is just a joke, can't fight in the real war.

Thats why VN need a better version if this LMFS sell to VN bcs if there is a war between VN-CN, then CN will use Russian fighter to attack VN, too.

Not a bad design. People at Boeing’s Phantom Works are probably thinking of their X-32 today after seeing this. Now they will get to see how it fares against the Lockheed Skunk works F-35

If the final design of the X-32 was going to look anything like this....

1626670369375.png

....then that might not have been a bad idea to imitate it because that looks awesome IMO. Almost brings back the F-86 Sabre into the modern, stealth era.

But, something told me that this was not going to be the final design and much of the original, supposedly ugly shapes and curves etc. that truly make this aircraft unique and very stealthy were going to remain. That shape above was just someone's wishful thinking IMO.

What killed the X-32 was its VTOL system. It was conventional just like the Harrier and used the same recycled air that it pumped out of its nozzles and when that returning air was too hot, it would explode in the aircraft and make a huge bang, Some Harriers went down as a result.

The F-35 didn't have that problem because LM developed the center line lift fan which always pulled in fresh and clean air from above. That's what dealt the fate of both aircraft.

Especially if it can get its hands on the latest Russian Izdeliye-30 engine, to help advance its own engine manufacturing industry and the T-FX program.

Critical technology will not be shared by Russia, even India AMCA design leader hinted during interview that Russia practically doesnt give any thing to India, not even design work package during FGFA program (SU 57) despite India funding the program. This can be seen when he is asked about the relation between AMCA and FGFA and he said he doesnt know anything about FGFA program.

Here it is ... I know there is a saying "beauty lies always in the eyes of the beholder" but here - and in strict to contrast to the Su-57 - I simply cannot see any beauty!

Anyway a most interesting design.

(Image via @papabear747 / Twitter)

1626687684918.png

Last edited:
I think both Russian designed fifth generation fighters and the chinease j20 all look way inferior in looks than the f22 raptor.

and I bet my last dollar the technology on f22 raptor be it engines stealth or sensor fusion radar electronics beats the 3 asian fighters easily

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom