What's new

Featured Russia Teases 'Fundamentally New' Military Aircraft to Be Unveiled

I thought it will be like this but seems I was wrong.
View attachment 762702

Well, I'm sure many were wrong and at least you gave it a shot. That's more than many can say.
Since these pics have come out, a lot of prognosticating going on and many have pretty much narrowed down what this aircraft will look like when the covers come off, since they seem to pretty much hug the body pretty well, it's not terribly difficult to decifer what the shape is behind all that tarping and this rendition is probably the most accurate of all that have been flying out there since those pics came out.

1626475931076.png

One other thing - if you take the size of the aircraft compared to the fella walking next to it, this thing is BIG! This is not some small, single-engine aircraft like the F-16 or even the F-35. The latter is probably a quarter of the size smaller than this thing.

1626476040984.png

It also begs the question if they just used a single Al-41 from the Su-57 or they built a whole new engine just for this aircraft? Given the size of the AC and the single engine, it's probably going to be the AL-41F1, or is the Izdeliye 30 ready or eventually going to be the designated single engine for this fighter? The size means it needs a lot of power for a single engine, so we'll have to keep an eye on that and see what they end up using.

Sukhoi develops single-engine stealth fighter
According to the sketchy information provided so far, the new aircraft shall reach speeds exceeding Mach 2 at high altitudes and, typically for a Sukhoi, shall feature super-maneuverable characteristics by using a 3D TVC equipped power plant enabling to achieve the thrust-to-weight ratio exceeding 1.0.

Just recently, a photo from the office of Yuri Borisov, the Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, shows a model of an unknown fighter, remotely resembling a product of mating the Su-57 with Boeing’s JSF concept, the X-32, featuring a large air intake under the nose of the aircraft. Whether this model has any connection to the future Sukhoi’s fighter, remains to be seen.

So speeds exceeding Mach 2 and a thrust to weight ratio of greater than 1.0 AND thrust vectoring with a single engine? That seems like a lot for any of the current engines in Russian inventory that we know about. Like I mentioned to @vostok , it will be very interesting to see what the power plant is or will be for this rather large aircraft to achieve all of that with a single engine. Also, we've never seen a single engine thrust vector working on any Russian aircraft. It's always been with dual engines even when they tested it with the MiG-29. So that will be fascinating to see what they have in store for that.

Not just UAE but any country which buys any military equipment from Russia will be sanctioned by the US under CAATSA.
Turkey and Egypt have already gone through with deals despite caatsa. Iraq, India, Algeria, Egypt, Vietnam, Indonesia, Turkey, China, Iran, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Argentina. The USA can waive its caatsa flag all it wants. The list of countries willing to tell the US to F off with its caatsa is getting longer every day. Calling caatsa on a country damages relations with the US and said country. Caatsa isn't as simple as it seems.
One other thing - if you take the size of the aircraft compared to the fella walking next to it, this thing is BIG! This is not some small, single-engine aircraft like the F-16 or even the F-35. The latter is probably a quarter of the size smaller than this thing.

My only concern is that it seems bigger than it had to be. That was one of the mistakes with the F-35. But I guess the days of the Mig 21 are gone.

Well, I'm sure many were wrong and at least you gave it a shot. That's more than many can say.
Since these pics have come out, a lot of prognosticating going on and many have pretty much narrowed down what this aircraft will look like when the covers come off, since they seem to pretty much hug the body pretty well, it's not terribly difficult to decifer what the shape is behind all that tarping and this rendition is probably the most accurate of all that have been flying out there since those pics came out.

View attachment 762920

View attachment 762921

It also begs the question if they just used a single Al-41 from the Su-57 or they built a whole new engine just for this aircraft? Given the size of the AC and the single engine, it's probably going to be the AL-41F1, or is the Izdeliye 30 ready or eventually going to be the designated single engine for this fighter? The size means it needs a lot of power for a single engine, so we'll have to keep an eye on that and see what they end up using.

So speeds exceeding Mach 2 and a thrust to weight ratio of greater than 1.0 AND thrust vectoring with a single engine? That seems like a lot for any of the current engines in Russian inventory that we know about. Like I mentioned to @vostok , it will be very interesting to see what the power plant is or will be for this rather large aircraft to achieve all of that with a single engine. Also, we've never seen a single engine thrust vector working on any Russian aircraft. It's always been with dual engines even when they tested it with the MiG-29. So that will be fascinating to see what they have in store for that.
It looks really massive..even when compared to the F-15!
us-air-force-captain-oj-sanchez-2nd-fighter-squadron-325th-fighter-wing-tyndall-3131e8-1600.jpg

My only concern is that it seems bigger than it had to be. That was one of the mistakes with the F-35. But I guess the days of the Mig 21 are gone.

The comparisons are already being made loool. What's gonna piss off F-35 fanboys is that this thing doesn't appear to have horizontal stabilizers and only canted stabilators which is supposedly a 6th gen feature, so as a result, they'll be giving this new Russian aircraft an extra beating than the usual lol! :lol:

1626484639671.png

It looks really massive..even when compared to the F-15!
us-air-force-captain-oj-sanchez-2nd-fighter-squadron-325th-fighter-wing-tyndall-3131e8-1600.jpg

Or even the Su-57. Some of the Russia chatter out there is that it could probably line up with the Su-57 from nozzle end to tip of radome and they would be equal. And even though the tarp gives it a little extra bulk, it's still clearly a robust aircraft as well and this single engine business has me a little skeptical that they might've built a new engine for this thing as well.

The comparisons are already being made loool. What's gonna piss off F-35 fanboys is that this thing doesn't appear to have horizontal stabilizers and only canted stabilators which is supposedly a 6th gen feature, so as a result, they'll be giving this new Russian aircraft an extra beating than the usual lol! :lol:

View attachment 762956

Or even the Su-57. Some of the Russia chatter out there is that it could probably line up with the Su-57 from nozzle end to tip of radome and they would be equal. And even though the tarp gives it a little extra bulk, it's still clearly a robust aircraft as well and this single engine business has me a little skeptical that they might've built a new engine for this thing as well.
The izdeliye 30 engine most likely..

Current production batches of SU-57 have begun to incorporate the new Izdeliye 30 engines.

مقاتلات سو-57 الشبح الروسية تستعد للتزود بمحرك جد متطور لا يوجد له نظير في العالم

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-russian-su-57-stealth-is-preparing-to-be-equipped-with-a-
very-advanced-engine-that-has-no-equal-in-the-world.716045/#post-13213626

The future business of the aircraft depends on CATSAA. Traditional Russia partners like India, Egypt, Vietnam, Myanmar, Iran, Serbia, Central Asian countries, and Algeria will not have problem to buy this ones, but I doubt UAE, Qatar, and countries like Malaysia will buy the planes if CATSAA is still imposed.

@Viet @Viva_Viet
VN may buy this new aircraft if we can get a better version than the one Russia sell to CN. Otherwhile, its will have No use.

VN may buy this new aircraft if we can get a better version than the one Russia sell to CN. Otherwhile, its will have No use.

I doubt Chinese will buy the planes, unless they are not satisfied with FC 31

View attachment 762920

View attachment 762921

There are a few older designs that have been around for years, which maybe closer to what it may look like.

The izdeliye 30 engine most likely..

Current production batches of SU-57 have begun to incorporate the new Izdeliye 30 engines.

مقاتلات سو-57 الشبح الروسية تستعد للتزود بمحرك جد متطور لا يوجد له نظير في العالم

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-russian-su-57-stealth-is-preparing-to-be-equipped-with-a-
very-advanced-engine-that-has-no-equal-in-the-world.716045/#post-13213626

Just to notpick ... the image above is NOT the Izdeliye 30 but a so far unknown development made by UMPO which also builds the AL-31FN. The true Izd. 30 is build by Salyut.

Had to admit that there are very few occasions that you wait so anxiously for something as such to be unveiled and this is one of the moments. Lets see how it turns out to be.

Indeed. Some pics are leaking out, like these two which show a portion of the possible ventral intake.

1626535967603.png

1626535997510.png

Indeed. Some pics are leaking out, like these two which show a portion of the possible ventral intake.

View attachment 763123
View attachment 763124
Since The Checkmate has the V-shaped tail that would provide a certain degree of yaw and roll control..the additional yaw and roll control required for superior maneuverability is likely to be provided by the engine's steering technology.. meaning the 3D thrust vectoring controls that enable improved manoeuvrability at high speeds and altitudes?

The wait is killing me, I want to see how this AC looks. Hope someone accidently slips the burka of that baby.

Back
Top Bottom