What's new

Russia Su-35 is officially on offer to India.

Russians smell opportunities to get billions more dollars from Indian military.

Stick to mki we have and upgrade them.

Full weight behind tejss programme.

Cancel mnrca

su 35 has awesome fire,load and punch power compared to its su family. the rafale deal has got struck due to high price and technology trasfer negotiation.

The latest statement are about the steep price escalation ie the total value
of the contract has gone up to 23 Billion USD

I expect the Rafale deal to be finalized during Modi's visit to france this summer

Su 35 are double the price of SU MKI with only incremental improvements

Regarding Detecting Range: Are you Serious?

Max Detection for 5 sqm RCS - 426 km?

Max Detection for 3 sqm RCS - 375 km?
Max Detection for 1 sqm RCS - 285 km?
Max Detection for 0.01 sqm RCS - 90 km?

If it is true, it is an AWACS. And that also means it would detect anything we have from some 300KM distance??? I mean Seriously? And not just that, it would detect Stealth Fighter with 0.01 sqm RCS from 90KM? For Real?

Another surprising aspect, it is bigger than SU-30, not stealth but its RCS is 4 to 11 times less than Su-30MKI? I don't have data to counter these claims but logically they are out of sensible limits.

stock-photo-young-business-man-at-the-table-reading-something-unbelievable-and-making-a-weird-face-129114002.jpg

Last edited:
I too want it to happen but the Rafale deal SHOULD NOT
BREAK THE BANK :p:

If the budget doesn't allow..bargain or lower the number of Rafale

As I said before Su 35 are double the price of SU MKI with only incremental improvements. So it doesn;t make sense for us to go for Su 35

If the budget doesn't allow..bargain and lower the number of Rafale

As I said before Su 35 are double the price of SU MKI with only incremental improvements. So it doesn;t make sense for us to go for Su 35

At this moment if some body will LOWER their price it is RUSSIA
because it is
1 desperate for more orders AND
2 to RUB dirt on FRANCE 's face due to that MISTRAL saga

IAF need many things
It needs more AWACS ;Helicopters ; More Radars and SAMs ; re fuellers
ALONG with more Fighters

Price is an ISSUE

At this moment if some body will LOWER their price it is RUSSIA
because it is
1 desperate for more orders AND
2 to RUB dirt on FRANCE 's face due to that MISTRAL saga

IAF need many things
It needs more AWACS ;Helicopters ; More Radars and SAMs ; re fuellers
ALONG with more Fighters

Price is an ISSUE

Money is always a problem, because of limited budgets. I think, we require A2G and a multi role fighter more than a A2A fighter.

Why another aircraft?

Get Rafale...then go for PAK-FA.
Logic here:

> You can buy three SU-35 for the price of two Rafales.
> Infrastructure for SUs already in place. No need to start from scratch for the enormous infrastructure needed for the Rafales. That itself would cost a bomb.
> SU-35 is a state of the art fighter.
> HAL unwilling to take on the responsibility for building Rafales in India as it lacks the wherewithal. The French have refused to take on the responsibility too for Rafales manufactured by HAL.

Here's one for the road...

Logic here:

> You can buy three SU-35 for the price of two Rafales.
> Infrastructure for SUs already in place. No need to start from scratch for the enormous infrastructure needed for the Rafales. That itself would cost a bomb.
> SU-35 is a state of the art fighter.
> HAL unwilling to take on the responsibility for building Rafales in India as it lacks the wherewithal. The French have refused to take on the responsibility too for Rafales manufactured by HAL.

Here's one for the road...

In that case, Why go for SU-35, we can go for SU-MKI. SU-MKI are proven and we have ready made infrastructure to make more. Moreover, we get SU-MKI for half the price of SU-35

If the budget doesn't allow..bargain or lower the number of Rafale

The French have been a pain throughout this negotiations and we have a defence minister willing to take tough, political decisions. The Russians have also offered a "markedly higher degree of local content and sourcing on any additional Su-30s" that may be ordered by India.

That is a win for India, especially if the French simply refuse to play ball.

Last edited:
The French have been a pain throughout this negotiations and we have a defence minister willing to take tough, political decisions. The Russians have also offered a "markedly higher degree of local content and sourcing on any additional Su-30s" that may be ordered by India.

That is a win for India, especially if the French simply refuse to pay ball.

If French refuse to pay the ball, we are left with no options but to go for more MKIs and wait for PAK FA

That is a win for India, especially if the French simply refuse to pay ball.

play....play ball, Buggs ! :whistle:

In that case, Why go for SU-35, we can go for SU-MKI. SU-MKI are proven and we have ready made infrastructure to make more. Moreover, we get SU-MKI for half the price of SU-35
You have a point there! The SU-30MKIs are being upgraded to Super Sukhois.

The 'Super 30' represents the next evolution for the SU-30MKI. Upgrades are reported to include a new radar (likely Phazotron’s Zhuk-AE), improved on-board computers, upgraded electronic warfare systems, and the ability to fire the air-launched version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile which has been tested recently. India may eventually upgrade all its earlier models to this standard.

I think junking the Rafale and getting an additional 128 Super SU-MKIs instead would be the best option. :enjoy:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom