What's new

RUSSIA starts work on second 5th generation fighter.

Both are different.. one by Sukhoi and one Under Mikoyan.

HAL signed deal with Russia to jointly develop FGFA which will be based On Pak FA

PAK Fa And FGFA are two different projects , while LMFS is different

LMFS will be based on cancelled mig 1.44 - I read that at some article on net

brother most of the suggestions in this thread will be effective in the short term. However, India has to be self sufficient, not only in producing state-of-the-art defense products, but also in producing research scholars who will eventually innovate and design these very products. How long will India keep hiring foreign brains? What is India doing in terms or research and development? How is India training and grooming future scientists? Why is there not enough Ministry of Defense funded projects in our Engineering Colleges? Why not get professors and researchers from top notch institutes to come and train our future engineers and scientists? Even for a not-so-challenging aircraft project like the NAL Saras, India had to seek foreign assistance. Unless India succeeds in creating an environment of research and development, India will have to keep running to foreigners to develop any state-of-the-art product.

This not only holds for AMCA but also for even the smallest articles like a soldier's helmet.

Guys Guys.

Forget MiG, unless Mig-35 sells in good numbers, MiG design bureau is as good as dead.

OR if Russian govt gives it a lifeline.

Lots Of confusion - are Pak Fa And FGFA two different project or same ??

you nailed it....Pak Fa is a sukhoi projest ...

FGFA is the HAL-UAC project...

and as the things opening up now..i got to think that they are different...

FGFA could be a the MIG design...

@ Benny

u mean this design

sukhoi__lmfs_su_55_fennec_fox__by_bagera3005-d2yc7yh.png

Sukhoi LMFS SU-55 Fennec Fox. by *bagera3005 on deviantART

Russian members might be able to give more info as things might be popping up in Russian sites ....

Just Gone Through GOOGLE

I Think this is how it is --

Pak FA - a sukhoi project

FGFA - joint venture between Sukhoi and HAL , will be based On Pak FA

LMFS - A migoyan project

it was MIG only with which the indian govt was talking to jointly produce a the 5th generation fighter right from the begining...
India and Russia to jointly produce a 5th generation fighter.
"MiG had presented its concept of fifth generation fighter aircraft when I visited them yesterday. I invited them to make a presentation in India for the IAF officers," Mukherjee told reporters before leaving for home tonight at the end of his three-day Moscow visit. The full text of the Indian government press release is appened below.

it was MIG only with which the indian govt was talking to jointly produce a the 5th generation fighter right from the begining...
India and Russia to jointly produce a 5th generation fighter.

anyway that news is 5 years old.. in 2006 it was merged with Sukhoi and other companies and named it United Corporation and maybe sukhoi has taken up and its FGFA now... All the news report and correspondances were on FGFA by sukhoi only... nothing from our side has been into this LMFS project.. but it really sounds interesting it can be a replacement for MIG-29s in future.

A STOVL Version would be very apt for the Navy for its carrier based needs ....
the design ... seems to as Benny stated ... look capable of that ...

Back
Top Bottom