What's new

Russia’s T-90 tank - winner or loser?

But T90 is better then M1A1 Abrams.

T-90MS might be better than M1A1. But M1A1HA, M1A1TUSK, M1A1SEP and so on are superior in most characteristics except Range compared to any T-90 Variant, and they are the ones in service.

The old M1A1 without the DU armour was upgraded to HA standard or A2 standard a long time back, almost 10 years ago.

How did you think M1 is inferior to T-90?

TTB (Tank Test Bed) based on M1 Abrams (USA).
c0037154_4f3e84e83514d.jpg

Off Topic on this thread sir, perhaps it would serve better if it were on the Tank designs thread.

Looks similar to Black Eagle design. This photoshopped?

It is a completely computer drawn image, not true. Turret however seems to be lower profile than seen Ob.640 3D images seen so far.

And please address the tank by its designation. It is supposed to be Ob'yekt 640 (Object/Obyekt to be simpler). Black Eagle is a nickname given by fanboys.

Only components from Ob'yekt 195 (So-called T-95, again false name) and Ob'yekt 640 were supposed to be integrated to Armata. Armata is supposed to be unmanned turret like Ob.195. Possible shortened hull and redesigned turret from Ob.195.

We need real images to be sure.

Armament in Armata is downsized Ob.195 armament, 2A82 125 mm which is version of 152 mm 2A83 used on Ob.195.

Its a winner ill post a good video about it

However the Leopard 2 tank has the best turret even the yanks using it on their Abrams

Last edited by a moderator:

However the Leopard 2 tank has the best turret even the yanks using it on their Abrams

Where? Source? You clip does have the Vicker Mk7, which is a Leo 2 hull with a different turret. But an Abrams with Leo 2 turret?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where? Source? You clip does have the Vicker Mk7, which is a Leo 2 hull with a different turret. But an Abrams with Leo 2 turret?

Not sure I posted the right video bear with me I watched it 2 weeks ago they had the Leopard 2 and T-90 on it

The Abrams use the turret of the Leo 2 120 mm Rheinmetall gun

Not sure I posted the right video bear with me I watched it 2 weeks ago they had the Leopard 2 and T-90 on it

The Abrams use the turret of the Leo 2 120 mm Rheinmetall gun

They share only the gun.... the turrets themselves are distinct.

They share only the gun.... the turrets themselves are distinct.

My mistake thanks for correcting me Ill try and find the video I saw but it was on Discovery channel I wish I recorded it they reviewed all the main modern battle tanks and gave them points based on their design, firepower etc and the T-90 scored well but the Israeli one was the most strongest in terms of getting hit out the ones they reviewed but it was slow in terms of speed.

My mistake thanks for correcting me Ill try and find the video I saw but it was on Discovery channel I wish I recorded it they reviewed all the main modern battle tanks and gave them points based on their design, firepower etc and the T-90 scored well but the Israeli one was the most strongest in terms of getting hit out the ones they reviewed but it was slow in terms of speed.

The israeli's use a copy of the US 120mm which is in turn a copy of the German 120mm.

The israeli's use a copy of the US 120mm which is in turn a copy of the German 120mm.

A lot of the composite materials are classified I think for the tanks like the Challenger 2's Chobham armor

Beg pardon?! For comparison to pics in posts 29, 30 etc If my post is off topic, so are a dozen others.

Future Tank Test Bed experimental main battle tank
Abrams TTB experimental main battle tank
Abrams SRV experimental vehicle

I meant it would serve people better, if it were on the Tank designs thread.

Sorry.

Israeli MG253 gun, is stated to be completely new design.

Or so says IMI.

The Merkava Mk.IV, has more all round protection on the turret, but has more weakspots than other Western design tanks, its frontal armour is lower than other tanks and some areas on the turret are weaker than on contemporaries but it has ~250+ mm armour in places of the turret where Abrams or Leopard will have not more than ~100 mm.

Merkava Mk.IV was designed for more irregular warfare from the beginning.

A lot of the composite materials are classified I think for the tanks like the Challenger 2's Chobham armor

Yes.

Even the composition of 1960's Burlington (early "Chobham") is classified.

And Chobham doesn't exist. Use Burlington (for Challenger 1, Early M1) and Dorchester (Challenger 2, Later M1)

And M1A1 variant had home-modified version of Dorchester and so did Leopard 2 and Leclerc.

Vickers MBT Mk7 had a Leo 2 hull? :what:

Was it 2A0 hull?

Sorry, know very little of Cold War MBT.

Vickers MBT Mk7 had a Leo 2 hull? :what:

Was it 2A0 hull?

Sorry, know very little of Cold War MBT.

The Vickers MBT Mk 7, developed in the 1980s, was a further development of the Mk 4 and was offered to the British Army and to a number of potential export costumers. In the end, only one prototype was built. The Mk 7 had the same "Universal Turret" but the hull and chassis came from the Leopard 2.[6] The tank was fitted with Chobham armour and had a fire control system with a Marconi digital computer, a SFIM day sight and a Philips 2nd Gen thermal imager.
Vickers MBT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Vickers Mk.7 utilizes hull of the German Leopard 2 main battle tank, as well as the engine, developing 1 500 horsepower.
Vickers Mk.7 Main Battle Tank | Military-Today.com

Chieftain,+Challenger,+Abrams,+Vickers+Mk7,+Leo+2.jpg

I meant it would serve people better, if it were on the Tank designs thread.

Sorry.

Israeli MG253 gun, is stated to be completely new design.

Or so says IMI.

SOunds to me it only has a different recoilsystem, just like the US version has a different recoil system.

Back
Top Bottom