What's new

Russia ready to sell four Mi-35 helicopters to Pakistan: report

How many MI 35s PAF wants?
PAF doesn't operate gunships..:lol:

These are either initial batch or for ANF (Narcs).

Old pics of ANF:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That was different, the Z-10 were GIVEN by China for evaluation. They gave it to us as a free gift so we can test and evaluate it in the war on terror and give our feedback to further improve the system after getting it tested in real battle environment and also these serve as a marketing tool so PAA will go for these as there next attack helicopter. That is most likely, PAA will go for Z-10 along with the reported Zulus as the next attack chopper fleet, the Mi-35 are a different category and more of an ASSAULT helicopter. The smaller number is because these are being procured for ANF, however i sincerely hope we do get a few as follow up order for SSG.
Given or bought, my point remains the same, it's a small number for testing purposes only.

What PAA goes for is for them to decide, I won't speculate on that.

Hi,

The Mil 35 are not for testing purpose----. They are for frontline action against the terrorists or to secure other assets. If a military is at a stage that it has to decide on the utility of the Mil 35----then it is clueless to what the need is and what the chopper can do for it----.

This is not for a military in indecision about what the helicopter offers. This is a heavy duty gunship attack helicopter that has a special tub of titanium that protects the pilots from gunfire and standard issue RPG's---then it is a troop carrier as well----as a matter of fact 8 of them----.

This helicopter is for smash and destroy in one go.

So after and air strike when a gunship is sent in to clean up the mess--this helicopter goes a step further----while t is making slow speed passes to kill the enemy---it can also drop troops so the soldiers with feet on the ground can do a close up cleanup operation---possibly identify the dead and the injured enemy---dispatch the living to the next world---extract the needed----.

So----the function of this helicopter is so unique that you have to know what the use is and you ought to have circumstances for the need for it.

In air strikes---not all enemies die---but many do escape injured and many un-injured----. Once you get to the escaping, injured or shell shocked enemy from air strikes----now you can do the coupe de grace----the final stab in the heart---.

If we had these helicopters 3 --- 4 years ago---the cleanup would have been done a long time ago.

May be its for the last phase of Zarb-e-Azm starting after July...
I have heard that remaining pockets there are just like Vietnam jungles on 8000 feet sea level.
So PA is taking its time in preparing, acquiring and planning for this last battle. Lives are very precious, so get the things, whatever required to complete the task with minimum losses.

T129 has American engine. Need approval from European suppliers of American engine. It require double approval and Turkish hasn t got that. Plus European company also supply some night operation suite for this helo.

Congratulation to Pakistan on acquiring the flying tank. :cheers:

p.s. Meanwhile India upgrades it fleet with Apache 64D. :enjoy:"

For GOD sake we should at least get 20 of these
A Major from the Army aviation was sent to Moscow to compile a report about the MI-35 ...His report was not that sunny ...still Army is pushing for it ...let them evaluate it ...if it suits them ....they will order more ...any threat from India will be dealt with Battlefield nukes ...this is what the army' strategy ...we do have time to evaluate and adopt to a formidable platform, be it Z-10, TAI-129 or MI-35 !

For GOD sake we should at least get 20 of these
A Major from the Army aviation was sent to Moscow to compile a report about the MI-35 ...His report was not that sunny ...still Army is pushing for it ...let them evaluate it ...if it suits them ....they will order more ...any threat from India will be dealt with Battlefield nukes ...this is what the army' strategy ...we do have time to evaluate and adopt to a formidable platform, be it Z-10, TAI-129 or MI-35 !

Given or bought, my point remains the same, it's a small number for testing purposes only.

What PAA goes for is for them to decide, I won't speculate on that.
Which platform? Z-10 (three with PAA) is a smaller number and it is highly likely that PAA will go for more. However i though we are discussing the Mi-35 (reportedly getting 4), that wont be a small number is we consider that these we are getting for ANF. IF and WHEN PAA goes for Mi-35 they surely will try and get more then 4! 4 different type of helicopters for army wont make much sense but if it is for a different law enforcement branch, may be 4 is all they require. :)

Sorry, i meant to say an end to the Turkish attack helicopter...

TAI manager, Muharrem Dortkasli, told that They signed agreement with Bahrain to upgrade their copters to T129 avionic levels and proceeding meetings to finalize deal for Ataks to Bahrain Forces. Neither reporter asked, nor He needed to mention anything about ongoing progress of talks between Pakistan regarding T129 Atak.

Its hard to believe that the COAS went all the way to Russia, just to get 4 heli's.:o:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom