What's new

Russia Planning to Buy Aerial Drones from UAE

An unusual design indeed, though, not unpleasant, just looks a bit awkward.

Does it use 100% domestic parts, or are some of the parts, such as the engine and camera, foreign?

I wonder why PA isn't interested in this, since, UAE and Pakistan have extremely good ties.

Does it use 100% domestic parts, or are some of the parts, such as the engine and camera, foreign?

I wonder why PA isn't interested in this, since, UAE and Pakistan have extremely good ties.

The camera is made in ADCOM systems the engine is foreign

India should buy few of these..though our armed drones will come within 1-2 years..but still,10 missiles..that will give us a huge capability..

Aren't you guys buying more of those Israeli Heron's and Searchers? plus whatever happened to the Indian UAV program Rustom or did that flop like a lot of DRDO's promisies?

So, India has signed this agreement a decade ago? cool.

actually,defence co-op agreement signed in 2003 between India and UAE is on these field.read this...

India, UAE sign defence cooperation pact - Times Of India

though it might be mere guesswork that india will be interested in this,but if interested,there shouldn't have any hurdle.by the way,is there any kind of restriction on armed(hunter killer) drone export???because,USA never exported them to anyone and other countries too didn't ever published news on acquisition of armed drones.this is the first instance where I read such news..

Well, As far as my knowledge is concerned it took ages to the UAE to come up with an outstanding UAV, If India is interested in it, the IAE will definitely go after the U40. I'm well-aware of the fact that the IAE is picky, they might need some sort of customizations to match their needs, it's simple and easy.

In response to the question you raised, I'm not really equipped to give you an answer, however, the RSAF is working with a state-owned South African company to equip our own drones, I suspect that there is an official resolution being passed in the UN that prevents the exportation of armed drones or at least its components.

As to the Hunter killer/Predator, the US never exported an armed UAV at all, In fact, KSA showed interests in the Predator, but the us refused to sell it to us. No bigge we've got a Saudi one :yay:

Although i am not really optimistic regarding this, i really hope this is true. Cheers :cheers:

The Russians with all their military might and muscles are little behind, therefore, it's quite understandable to me that they are seeking the UAE's. Keep in mind that it's highly unlikely that a NATO member or western nation will help them out.

If the PA or the PAF is interested in it, they will get it few days.

Most probably this is not cost effective for Pakistan. Because its design and parts are all European .

If the PA or the PAF is interested in it, they will get it few days.

The problem is, they're not. The PA and PAF either think that they have no need for these large MALE drones, or that their own development is going along fairly well (i.e prideful).

Most probably this is not cost effective for Pakistan. Because its design and parts are all European .

I don't think that's a problem, as Pakistan has never hesitated to buy European systems. The only thing I can see being an issue are potential sanctions place on Pakistan, which may end up stopping the flow of spare parts (it's one of the reasons why Pakistan has been aggressively pushing domestic development and production).

Well, if it isn't cost effective, the PA, PN, and the PAF might have a second-thought. Let just wait and see..

To the best of my knowledge, I believe that Pakistan is actually looking for a male drone. Are you suggesting that Pakistan will introduce one of its own, if so, then I think they can manage to have both :smart: how cool is that?
The problem is, they're not. The PA and PAF either think that they have no need for these large MALE drones, or that their own development is going along fairly well (i.e prideful).

I don't think that's a problem, as Pakistan has never hesitated to buy European systems. The only thing I can see being an issue are potential sanctions place on Pakistan, which may end up stopping the flow of spare parts (it's one of the reasons why Pakistan has been aggressively pushing domestic development and production).

Aren't you guys buying more of those Israeli Heron's and Searchers? plus whatever happened to the Indian UAV program Rustom or did that flop like a lot of DRDO's promisies?

yes,we bought a lot of Searchers and Herons..apart from that we bought a lot of Harpy and Harops too..and nope,Rustam project is in the right track and Rustam-II will be unveiled in 2014,on which,our Hunter Killer drone is based.and UAV program of DRDO is going pretty well.we already inducted Nishant UAV,apart from several MAV platforms got inducted.and there is no report on "India is Buying this drone"..I merely stating that the UAV is impressive and if India is interested,there will be no hurdle to buy this UAV,as we've treaty in place since 2003..check my previous posts..

I think Pakistan should also bring in Russian to visit their drones made by NESCOM, GIDS and PAC.

Well, if it isn't cost effective, the PA, PN, and the PAF might have a second-thought. Let just wait and see..

To the best of my knowledge, I believe that Pakistan is actually looking for a male drone. Are you suggesting that Pakistan will introduce one of its own, if so, then I think they can manage to have both :smart: how cool is that?
Pakistan need male drone, but Pakistani is already working in that direction. Plus it heavy weight , which need good amount of maintenance and cost close to one Thunder. So, its pointless for Pakistan to have this male drone. Average cost of Thunder is 15 to 20 million, which is way cheaper then this male UAV. Pakistan can get cheaper male UAV from China and can modify it.

paf+Pterodactyl+Iwing-loong+airforcePredator-like+armed+Medium-Altitude+Long-Endurance+%2528MALE%2529+unmanned+aerial+vehicle+%2528UAV%2529+UCAV++drone+missile+ar1++Chinese+export+pterosaur+I+Pakistan%252C+plaaf+%252814%2529.jpg

India should buy few of these..though our armed drones will come within 1-2 years..but still,10 missiles..that will give us a huge capability..

Then what would happen to Rustom MKII:what: , it would file application for unemployed allowance to Employment Ministry.

Russia wanted to but Herons, but Israel refused.

You probably didn't understand what I'm implying, if Pakistan needs it, they will get it ;)
Pakistan need male drone, but Pakistani is already working in that direction. Plus it heavy weight , which need good amount of maintenance and cost close to one Thunder. So, its pointless for Pakistan to have this male drone. Average cost of Thunder is 15 to 20 million, which is way cheaper then this male UAV. Pakistan can get cheaper male UAV from China and can modify it.

Back
Top Bottom