What's new

Russia is ready to provide cheap oil to Pakistan: Russian Govt

No one talks about how the brainchild of Marim Nawaz PIA Premier airline lost billions of rupees and end up losing all assets. Nawaz literally rule Pakistan as some fvckin Royal ... sorry to say .. Lahore is full of Nawaz family slaves ....
Actually the whole Punjab province is a mental slave to Nawaz and his Holy Balls.

The day people understand and accept the difference between India and Pakistan and why there are many liberties that India can afford which other countries simply cannot; and that Pakistan has very different challenges than India, that would be the day Imran Khan's lies, rhetoric and propaganda will start melting away.

We all understand the Difference and its is pretty obvious India dose not have low lives like you...

Pakistan is simply living up to its commitment made to IMF under Imran Khan of removing subsidies. When subsidies are removed, Pakistanis face the same crunch that the entire world is facing and when cost of Oil increases, it has an effect on everything else.

PTI isn't in power anymore, IMF wants to know how you will pay back the loans, you know the money you borrowed in the name of Pakistan but instead purchased properties in London, England and stashed away billions in westerns banks, now its time to pay it back, Its up to the experienced team of PDM (Pakistan dacait movement) and its candy salesman to tell IMF where the money will come from. NO need to cut subsidies...

Any self respecting nation will find solutions within, PDM can cut $26 billion dollars in perks (subsidize) to royalty of Pakistan and can say good by to IMF... are they going to do that, absolutely not instead they will advertise unsuccessful begging tour of Türkiye and Saudi Arabia in alfalfa owned newspapers as miracle of century costing Pakistani taxpayers billions, giving billions to lawyers to buy their loyalties while claiming we don't have enough to buy poison.

PDM is happy to take credits for PTI work on increasing the tax collection :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I congratulate Chairman Asim Ahmed & the FBR team for tax collection of Rs 490b in May, 2022, an increase of 27% or Rs 103b over last year. This is without any sales tax on petroleum products. We provided Rs 30b in refunds to taxpayers, an increase of 44% or Rs 9b over last year.

The Federal Bureau of Revenue (FBR) has released tax collection details for the fiscal year 2021-22.

According to the data issued by FBR, the tax collection for the year 2021-22 was Rs5349 billion. The number is expected to be higher after the addition of payment receipts, and final recollection by the State Bank of Pakistan.

The collection is 28.4% higher than the collection at the same time last year. Tax collection at the same time last year was Rs4164 billion.

An amount of Rs490 billion was collected in taxes in May 2022 which is 26.8% higher than May 2021. The tax collection in May 2021 was Rs387 billion.

It is pertinent to mention here that in response to a question regarding India procuring oil from Russia during an interview with CNN, the federal minister said, “If Russia offered us oil at a cheaper rate and if there were no sanctions on Pakistan buying that oil, then surely we will consider that.

Last edited:
Look at the laugh of ambassador, he was trying to control himself.

He knows the puppets don't have the balls.
I’m a pro pti imran khan supporter but I have some simple questions which I can’t find the answers to.

1. Why not Iranian oil which would be:
- much cheaper
- cheaper transportation since Iran is much closer
- easier to avoid sanctions and stay lowkey (already lots of Iranian oil is smuggled into Pakistan on a daily)
- and Iran would allow barter trade for oil so we can trade rice or sugar which we export to Iran which usually imports a lot of it?

2. What will happen to the billions of dollars Gulf countries have deposited in our bank account or the other facilities they give us? Surely Arab countries will pull out the $5 billion or so they currently have deposited if we don’t buy oil from them?

3. What will happen to the long term contracts we have with some Arab countries? Don’t we have contracts with Saudi to get years worth of oil on loan or deferred payments? How about the long term LNG contracts we have with Qatar? Surely Russian oil will not remain cheap forever and we will have to eventually buy from others, but will the Arabs give us such facilities after if we break such contracts right now?

4. Is it worth breaking contracts and severing ties with Gulf countries and usa for buying Russian oil while Pakistan has barely any storage capacity? Russian Ruble is at the strongest since like 2014 and Russian Oil and Gas exports are increasing with many European countries still buying from them so, will it remain cheap forever? If we buy even half a year worth of cheap oil and gas from Russia, since we have almost no storage capacity, after 6 months or so we will face a huge crisis when Arabs won’t offer us the facilities they once did and all oil and gas is at the same price.

5. Continuing on from point 4, we barely refine any oil we import with 70% + of our imported oil already being refined AND, the current refineries in Pakistan, many have closed down due to Furnace oil issue. When we are facing such, will it still make sense to import Russian oil as it won’t offer much benefit and put our refineries in a even more worse state since most of our petro chemicals and support comes from Gulf companies too? Also, aren’t Arab firms major investors in our current refineries so, if we start buying Russia oil, won’t they pull out their investments?

6. Let’s say Russians come in to save our refineries and set up new refineries in Pakistan, but that will take years maybe like 5 years and, wouldn’t by then Russian oil be at the same price with no discount? Wouldn’t we be stuck at buying more expensive oil then because Arab oil has cheaper transportation costs?

7. Currently Pakistan is relying on Arabs to bail us out in our economic mess. We’re bending over for IMF because Arabs told us to get IMF loan first before they bail us out. How will Russian Oil and Gas imports affect this? Energy imports undoubtedly make up majority of our imports however still we don’t gain enough forex yearly to cover our imports even when oil was cheap. So will Arabs still bail us out when we ditch their oil and gas? Is Russia ready to be the next Saudi for us giving us loans etc?

8. How will this affect our exports? Many of our exports go to Arab countries. Many countries import from countries that import from them a lot to keep a balance. If Pakistan lowers its imports from Arab countries, what if the Arabs do the same? Is Russia ready to buy our products then to make up for this?

I will repeat I am pro pti and pro Imran Khan, but I have some questions about Russian oil and gas.

1. Iranian oil is not cheaper.

Screenshot_20220610-211751.jpg

2. That is not true. Infact Russia is a part of OPEC. They would not mind one bit. Their main competitor are the Americans. OPEC and America are competitors. The current situation favours America.
They have no objection.

3. These are financing options, they will remain operational. These are just deffered payments with interest much like a credit card. Crude does not even constitute majority of our oil imports, refined products do.
Besides our oil needs will grow with time, adding cheaper Russian crude to the mix will lower overall cost, just like hydel dilutes cost of electricity generation.

Covering the other points you raised on the same topic.

I do not know who told you or where you got that impression that gulf will be against it. It is hilarious when Russia is a part of OPEC and OPEC is standing behind Russia.

Gulf is literally raising its premium for Asia to curb demand.

I think this answers most of your points.

We do not have any long term contract in regard to oil import.

LNG we have long term contracts with Qatar, they will remain operational. We need an another long term contract given the 30% discount on offer if we manage a long term contract with Russia it will be the cheapest.

4. Pakistani refineries are not closed, in fact 3 major refineries can process Russian crude. It is the same grade.

5. Continuing on yes we refine 70% of petrol and 30% of diesel only.

Infact bulk of our refine products come through China.

The Russian journalist gave the details/framework of talks that happened.

His exact words ( there is a 3rd party which is a strategic partner of both Russia
and Pakistan in between).
This is particularly important for 2 reasons 1) Payment mechanism 2) China is our largest supplier of refined products.

I hope this will give you a clearer picture as most of your post is just mere assumptions.

Last edited:
I was and I'm against some Imran policies but his foreign policy was best I must admit we need to develop relations with Russia USA won't do anything for us let's do something for us and get Russia out of indian manipulation establishment should understand the dilemma if foreign affairs

We need oil wheat gas electrcity all Russia can provide us USA none so better choose Russia and weapons too

We need oil wheat gas electrcity all Russia can provide us USA none so better choose Russia and weapons too

I’m a pro pti imran khan supporter but I have some simple questions which I can’t find the answers to.

1. Why not Iranian oil which would be:
- much cheaper
- cheaper transportation since Iran is much closer
- easier to avoid sanctions and stay lowkey (already lots of Iranian oil is smuggled into Pakistan on a daily)
- and Iran would allow barter trade for oil so we can trade rice or sugar which we export to Iran which usually imports a lot of it?

2. What will happen to the billions of dollars Gulf countries have deposited in our bank account or the other facilities they give us? Surely Arab countries will pull out the $5 billion or so they currently have deposited if we don’t buy oil from them?

3. What will happen to the long term contracts we have with some Arab countries? Don’t we have contracts with Saudi to get years worth of oil on loan or deferred payments? How about the long term LNG contracts we have with Qatar? Surely Russian oil will not remain cheap forever and we will have to eventually buy from others, but will the Arabs give us such facilities after if we break such contracts right now?

4. Is it worth breaking contracts and severing ties with Gulf countries and usa for buying Russian oil while Pakistan has barely any storage capacity? Russian Ruble is at the strongest since like 2014 and Russian Oil and Gas exports are increasing with many European countries still buying from them so, will it remain cheap forever? If we buy even half a year worth of cheap oil and gas from Russia, since we have almost no storage capacity, after 6 months or so we will face a huge crisis when Arabs won’t offer us the facilities they once did and all oil and gas is at the same price.

5. Continuing on from point 4, we barely refine any oil we import with 70% + of our imported oil already being refined AND, the current refineries in Pakistan, many have closed down due to Furnace oil issue. When we are facing such, will it still make sense to import Russian oil as it won’t offer much benefit and put our refineries in a even more worse state since most of our petro chemicals and support comes from Gulf companies too? Also, aren’t Arab firms major investors in our current refineries so, if we start buying Russia oil, won’t they pull out their investments?

6. Let’s say Russians come in to save our refineries and set up new refineries in Pakistan, but that will take years maybe like 5 years and, wouldn’t by then Russian oil be at the same price with no discount? Wouldn’t we be stuck at buying more expensive oil then because Arab oil has cheaper transportation costs?

7. Currently Pakistan is relying on Arabs to bail us out in our economic mess. We’re bending over for IMF because Arabs told us to get IMF loan first before they bail us out. How will Russian Oil and Gas imports affect this? Energy imports undoubtedly make up majority of our imports however still we don’t gain enough forex yearly to cover our imports even when oil was cheap. So will Arabs still bail us out when we ditch their oil and gas? Is Russia ready to be the next Saudi for us giving us loans etc?

8. How will this affect our exports? Many of our exports go to Arab countries. Many countries import from countries that import from them a lot to keep a balance. If Pakistan lowers its imports from Arab countries, what if the Arabs do the same? Is Russia ready to buy our products then to make up for this?

I will repeat I am pro pti and pro Imran Khan, but I have some questions about Russian oil and gas.
IK never asked for Russian oil according to Russian FM. So, who is telling lies. 🤔

but will it be a smart move considering IMF's intrusion in Pakistan's economy?

Yes

If these gandoos were not in power pakistan can easily argue that the entire west including the USA is buying Russian oil still. India on a massive scales so when they all stop then pKistan will. Until then no

When u prostitute yourself don't complain when you get fckd

Beggars are always beholden to the master's. in this context beggars are slaves.
Of course. That goes with khan as well in regards to the context of main establishments and Russian currency. There is no free lunch in this worlds.

Of course. That goes with khan as well in regards to the context of main establishments and Russian currency. There is no free lunch in this worlds.

. Beggars also always look for false equivalency!

To justify their beggary and corruption.

Actually the whole Punjab province is a mental slave to Nawaz and his Holy Balls.
Thanks to inter marriages over the past 4 decades. Most influential families have allegiances to PMLN in some ways.

Coming back to the topic, during IK’s tenure there were high level discussions taking place regarding Pakistan buying oil and wheat however formal agreements did not take place.

The current PDM members can say all they want. The groundwork has been laid for them to continue the discussion and formalize the agreement to purchase oil at reduced rate. This would translate into cheaper oil for Pakistanis but Americans hands are too deep inside PDM’s behind that they can’t differentiate day from night.

He knows the puppets don't have the balls.

1. Iranian oil is not cheaper.

View attachment 852988

2. That is not true. Infact Russia is a part of OPEC. They would not mind one bit. Their main competitor are the Americans. OPEC and America are competitors. The current situation favours America.
They have no objection.

3. These are financing options, they will remain operational. These are just deffered payments with interest much like a credit card. Crude does not even constitute majority of our oil imports, refined products do.
Besides our oil needs will grow with time, adding cheaper Russian crude to the mix will lower overall cost, just like hydel dilutes cost of electricity generation.

Covering the other points you raised on the same topic.

I do not know who told you or where you got that impression that gulf will be against it. It is hilarious when Russia is a part of OPEC and OPEC is standing behind Russia.

Gulf is literally raising its premium for Asia to curb demand.

I think this answers most of your points.

We do not have any long term contract in regard to oil import.

LNG we have long term contracts with Qatar, they will remain operational. We need an another long term contract given the 30% discount on offer if we manage a long term contract with Russia it will be the cheapest.

4. Pakistani refineries are not closed, in fact 3 major refineries can process Russian crude. It is the same grade.

5. Continuing on yes we refine 70% of petrol and 30% of diesel only.

Infact bulk of our refine products come through China.

The Russian journalist gave the details/framework of talks that happened.

His exact words ( there is a 3rd party which is a strategic partner of both Russia
and Pakistan in between).
This is particularly important for 2 reasons 1) Payment mechanism 2) China is our largest supplier of refined products.

I hope this will give you a clearer picture as most of your post is just mere assumptions.
Thanks for the reply!

. Beggars also always look for false equivalency!

To justify their beggary and corruption.
The definition of begging on politics is that they are always haggling on finer details.

If Imran Niazi was in power, and he had gone with Russia for cheap would invite full-time sanction that restricts revenue where Pakistan import/export depends on North America, Europe and Arab nations that are pledged to petro dollars for economy.

One way or other; it is self destructive but with leaning towards USA is less self destructive compared to Imran Niazi's decision if he had gone with Russia.

Shareholders of PTI party wouldn't let Niazi go with Russia just for cheap oil given the implication on their bank balance being frozen. Not to mention, it takes years for installation of oil delivery without refinement which Pakistan has none compared to alternative option that Pakistan has access to refined oils as well as possible loans to increase budget on Army, investments on economy and beyond depending on the intention of the government.

There is reason Russia offers cheap oil on Russian currency. It is unrefined that needs to be refined which Pakistan lacks refinery machine as well as there is no installation of delivery which takes years. Russia offers nothing other than unrefined oils and cheap cost at Russian currency which doesn't help Pakistan.

Russia has oils and army at their disposal. Pakistan has none except Nuclear which seems to be bragging rights at this moment.

The day Russia starts selling refined oils, then it won't be cheap. So what is the point of going with Russia with little to none? That is stupidity which invited ouster of Imran Niazi in no time and rightly so. That was stupid on Niazi who claimed to be dumb on interview recently on arrival at Russia during the time of Russia's invasion at Ukraine despite main establishment warned him not to go given the tensions and it was same main establishment that 'selected' Niazi over democratic elected Nawaz Sharif following the ouster in the name of selective accountability. Then 'imported' sharif succeeded 'selected' Niazi at last resort by main establishment which goes on to show the extent of stupidity that must have gone into which forced main establishment to deal with the very sharif family they ousted not long ago in collaboration with Niazi.

Last edited:
Pakistan is not on its own. That's the problem. USA decides it, so plenty of excuses can be said about Russian oil, such as Russian oil is too oily, smelly and dirty. Just like the case with IPI pipeline and the cheap Iranian gas.
as much as I hate to admit this, but is true, Pakistan's leaderships is a bunch of nincompoops who at expense of the nation will put their self-interest first

We all understand the Difference and its is pretty obvious India dose not have low lives like you...
2 things I noticed in your post. 1st was your indecency, which could have been avoided; and the 2nd that your country of residence in not Pakistan. Ever thought about leaving Pakistanis to deal with the problems of Pakistan rather then telling us what is good for Pakistan? It's not like we tell our expats what's good for them in their respective places of residence.

Let me reiterate, you DON'T understand the difference, as per my earlier post and your blissful ignorance is a pain for others.

PTI isn't in power anymore, IMF wants to know how you will pay back the loans, you know the money you borrowed in the name of Pakistan but instead purchased properties in London, England and stashed away billions in westerns banks, now its time to pay it back, Its up to the experienced team of PDM (Pakistan dacait movement) and its candy salesman to tell IMF where the money will come from. NO need to cut subsidies...

Any self respecting nation will find solutions within, PDM can cut $26 billion dollars in perks (subsidize) to royalty of Pakistan and can say good by to IMF... are they going to do that, absolutely not instead they will advertise unsuccessful begging tour of Türkiye and Saudi Arabia in alfalfa owned newspapers as miracle of century costing Pakistani taxpayers billions, giving billions to lawyers to buy their loyalties while claiming we don't have enough to buy poison.

PDM is happy to take credits for PTI work on increasing the tax collection :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I congratulate Chairman Asim Ahmed & the FBR team for tax collection of Rs 490b in May, 2022, an increase of 27% or Rs 103b over last year. This is without any sales tax on petroleum products. We provided Rs 30b in refunds to taxpayers, an increase of 44% or Rs 9b over last year.

The Federal Bureau of Revenue (FBR) has released tax collection details for the fiscal year 2021-22.

According to the data issued by FBR, the tax collection for the year 2021-22 was Rs5349 billion. The number is expected to be higher after the addition of payment receipts, and final recollection by the State Bank of Pakistan.

The collection is 28.4% higher than the collection at the same time last year. Tax collection at the same time last year was Rs4164 billion.

An amount of Rs490 billion was collected in taxes in May 2022 which is 26.8% higher than May 2021. The tax collection in May 2021 was Rs387 billion.

It is pertinent to mention here that in response to a question regarding India procuring oil from Russia during an interview with CNN, the federal minister said, “If Russia offered us oil at a cheaper rate and if there were no sanctions on Pakistan buying that oil, then surely we will consider that.
Where did you get the figure of USD 26 Billion in perks from? At USD 200/PKR the figure is around PKR 5,200 Billion. If there are unjustified perks then they should be limited or frozen, atleast until we get rid of the current crisis.

Imran Khan's Government added almost PKR 19,000 Billion to our debt in a mere 4 years as opposed to the PKR 25,000 Billion accumulated over 70 years; how big of a crook is he, on the same scale on which you are measuring others? How many palaces has Imran Khan bought outside Pakistan? How many Billions upon Billion has Imran Khan and his cronies stashed away overseas?

Why aren't you demanding answer from Imran Khan for the accumulation of debt that is 80% of debt accumulated since creation of Pakistan? Why aren't you demanding answer from Imran Khan for over 50% devaluation of PKR in a mere 4 years? Or is it that the exchange rate is so much in your favour now that you actuially enjoy it? Why did you not question Imran Khan when he went to IMF and did not commit suicide? Why aren't you demanding answer from Imran Khan for accepting demands for removal of subsidies on Oil & Electricity and then reneging on the sovereign guarantee by actually reducing the prices when NCV was inevitable?? Is it moral for you to question others but not the biggest evil Imran Khan who is willing to break the country if in the event that he is not made the PM????

Tax collection, any idea how much tax has been collected on imported items? Tax collection can further increase through imports alone but is that sane, sustainable, practical? We needed to limit our imports and manage our resources to ensure that imports + debt servicing is equal to exports + remittances. We still should be doing that, making sure that we import only the absolutely essential items and discourage imports of non-essential items with imposition of duties ranging from 200-500 times.

Back
Top Bottom