What's new

Russia in pictures

Livadia Palace (The summer residence of the last Russian tsar), Crimea.
LivadiaPalace1B[1].jpg
ld_03[1].jpg
f2af648s-960[1].jpg
EMa1Ogf6zno[1].jpg
IMGP5653_resize[1].jpg
fotowork316.44.JPG
i-13039[1].jpg
livadiya_1[1].jpg

@vostok

Hi, the buildings with minarets what are these? Mosques? And cool pictures buddy, great buildings.

Yes, there are mosques in Crimea. Crimean Tatars are Muslims, they make up 12-13% of the population of the peninsula.

What is temperature there in winters and summers? I see people wearing shorts that gives an impression as if its hot whereas my perception was something always covered with snow :D.

By the way I have a Ukrainian colleague he is very good at learning Urdu (Pakistan's language).

What is temperature there in winters and summers? I see people wearing shorts that gives an impression as if its hot whereas my perception was something always covered with snow :D.

By the way I have a Ukrainian colleague he is very good at learning Urdu (Pakistan's language).
On the southern coast, separated from the steppes by mountains is very warm (by Russian standards), there is a Mediterranean climate in that place. Ancient Greeks have had colonies there. Those place was part of the Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman Empires. Genoeses also lived there and built mighty fortresses.

A religious procession marking the 700th anniversary of declaring Moscow the capital of Orthodox Russia pass the State Duma (Russian Parliament) building in downtown Moscow.
1026861661[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom