What's new

Russia has made a new offer on the delivery of Sukhoi PAK FA

For some time i have been seeing many defence deals India is getting into like - Rafales and Scorpene subs with France, C-17, howitzers and helis with US, amphibian aircrafts with Japan, S400 and others with Russia and massive expansion of Indian Navy and many more. can anyone tell how many billions of dollars we are committing in the near future on these deals?

For some time i have been seeing many defence deals India is getting into like - Rafales and Scorpene subs with France, C-17, howitzers and helis with US, amphibian aircrafts with Japan, S400 and others with Russia and massive expansion of Indian Navy and many more. can anyone tell how many billions of dollars we are committing in the near future on these deals?

These deals span over more than 7 years. So money won't be a problem.

True.
i was a bit scared to bring it here (for the trolling it would invite), but in terms of planning a hypothetical scenario, FGFA should be compared to J 20 and J 31, for that is only possible combat opponents both planes are likely to see.
and with limited info available, i think both match closely.
And sir, will it be possible for you to make a comparision wrt AWACS power influencing VLO fighter combat scenario.
Systems like S400 are said to be able to detect and engage stealth fighter, but how does airborne radar power compare here?
S 400 can detect f 22 & even shoot it down if work as big unit consisting of many firing units & most importantly many VHF radar like nebo M working as a big unit
NNIIRT-Nebo-M-CONOPS-1.png

big problem is their accuracy which is being enhanced by both russian & Chinese ,US fear that by 2020-30 it will be great headache to counter them ,here is something on F 35 on different band
Red=high chance of detection
Yellow=less chance
Green=very very less
chance
EPbOclA.jpg

All this money will be paid over in a decade
So no problems at all

What matters is a Strong robust and growing economy
which helps Foreign countries into enter deals with India ON Favourable terms to India

They know they will be PAID ;
If payment is delayed a bit ; they will get Interest

All this money will be paid over in a decade
So no problems at all

What matters is a Strong robust and growing economy
which helps Foreign countries into enter deals with India ON Favourable terms to India

They know they will be PAID ;
If payment is delayed a bit ; they will get Interest
I understand that it will be paid but isn't the increase in orders massive and i mean massively massive. I only hope its just a part of our regular defence plans. When Indira signed a 20 years defence treaty with Soviet Union, not even soviets could imagine 1971 would happen the next moment. I hope for a long peace in the region.

I understand that it will be paid but isn't the increase in orders massive and i mean massively massive. I only hope its just a part of our regular defence plans.

The Increase is massive because of various factors

1 A huge back log of decisions not taken ; ie delays by Congressis

2 GOI wants to strengthen the forces ; to take care of any eventuality and not just rely on talks
ie Military action is an OPTION on the table ; if the need arises

Only Strength respects strength

3 US wants to Bring India to its side in the Asian Pivot against China
India is ready and willing because MODI is a decisive person UNLIKE MMS

That is why Modi is getting India- US -Japan on a Common Platform

4 Russia needs cash ; AND India can pay

5 France wants to become a Major Defence exporter ; India is a great market

6 Israel also offers us many good things which we need
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Indira signed a 20 years defence treaty with Soviet Union, not even soviets could imagine 1971 would happen the next moment.

Hello Madam JI
Please check all the events AGAIN of 1970 -71

Indira Gandhi was PLANNING to attack Pakistan
THAT is why we entered into a SECURITY pact with Russia

We knew that US - UK would intervene and they did

we needed USSR Naval assistance and diplomatic Help in UN security council

And also cheap ARMS and OIL in case Gulf countries stopped supplies

The whole plan was well thought of and everything FELL into the right place

Last edited:
I understand that it will be paid but isn't the increase in orders massive and i mean massively massive. I only hope its just a part of our regular defence plans. When Indira signed a 20 years defence treaty with Soviet Union, not even soviets could imagine 1971 would happen the next moment. I hope for a long peace in the region.
One of the main reason for the sudden Increase in these deal could be the sudden fall in crude oil prices..Don't forget that defence forces in the world are the largest user of crude oil....If I am not wrong our forces will be saving atleast 2-3 Billions dollars from crude bill this year only....
So to be frank this the perfect time for our to go through with these deals...

Whatever dravidian... North India ruled the south.. always has.

The North Indian SULTANS or Nizams who ruled various parts of South India were MUSLIMS

But at that very Time North India too was under Islamic rule

North Indian Hindu Kings never ruled over South

THEREFORE South Indian HINDUS have No grudge against North Indian HINDUS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the Way Today's Indian Economy is being DRIVEN by the
West and South India with the NORTH and East lagging behind and
trying to catch up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Telegu and there is not a damn thing you can do about it just like my telugu classmates could not when us "northerners" teamed up on them with "IILLLLEYYY"

It is just NOT possible that North Indians would allow or invite A Pakistani to Join them
in troubling South INDIANS

Last edited:
This is good sign for Pakistan that an other country wiil become friend to pakistan

Back
Top Bottom