What's new

Russia edges out China from BD arms market

Well i thing this deal took place because may be bangladesh wanted to diversify its weapons sources . but just buying i Billion dollar does not mean we are shifting from China . we already bought Air defence system (FM-90) Main battle tank MBT-2000 from China . we are buying some OPV and second Hand frigate from China for our Navy . i think some of the item may be better then china like Tor m2 air defence system etc. Current gobt. may have think relying on one source is not good . they wanted to put our eggs in different basket . Another thing is we are buying Russian weapons because they are providing loan fro this weapons If China come forward with more soft loan to buy weapons we will definitely see we are buying lot from China.

Really? I thought China would be able to get to BD military because they're arms are cheaper than Russia's albeit of less quality. This is indeed a win for Russia's defense industry as BD's military budget increases over the years.

^^^ in spite of questionable quality the relation between two countries is deep rooted so we will continue to purchase arms from China near future unless any dramatic change takes place .

Well i thing this deal took place because may be bangladesh wanted to diversify its weapons sources . but just buying i Billion dollar does not mean we are shifting from China . we already bought Air defence system (FM-90) Main battle tank MBT-2000 from China . we are buying some OPV and second Hand frigate from China for our Navy . i think some of the item may be better then china like Tor m2 air defence system etc. Current gobt. may have think relying on one source is not good . they wanted to put our eggs in different basket . Another thing is we are buying Russian weapons because they are providing loan fro this weapons If China come forward with more soft loan to buy weapons we will definitely see we are buying lot from China.

yeah it's a good idea..
having wepon fron one source is not good idea coz all the weapons would have same type of weak points....
soo it would cause ease for enemy...
we ourselves r purchasing frm different countries i.e sweaden,france,USA,china,turkey and many more for our weapons....

why don't Bangla Desh consider JF-17 for their airforce??
is Pakistan not offering them their systems??
Or Bangladeshis are still angry with us??
block 2 is just being revealed...
Maybe Bangladesh can buy some from China as PAC is bzy in completing PAF orders.....

Is India included in ur etc. etc. ??? :D

yeah India should be included.....i suppose India should directely ve included as they can help in improving Bangladesh navy...
airforce BAF can't purchase any soo expansive soo Indians and and Russians can be neglected....JF-17 block 2 is ideal frm china...
In APC pakistan can help....
bt all depends upon Bangladesh policy makers....
yeah Akash and Barhmoos are ideal for them if they consider....

That as rhetorical.

Only Pakistanis eat grass, Your minister even said to its poor people, "we will eat grass, even go hungry, but we will get one of our own."

i hadnot seen one eating grass or even heard such news in Pakistan..
wt about ur peoples eating rats and killing and selling own childs???
lets compare.prizes..
here bread=Rs2
in India??

Russia did not edge out china in our arms market. We merely bought the same things we buy from russia every time.

The BTRs are brought to facilitate the UN peacekeeping missions. Furthermore, the BTRs in our inventory have served us for quite a while, some of them may have been retired thus need replacement.We already operate BTRs from a long time and it makes sense to purchase something that we have already adapted to.

Yak 130 are being bought as they are advanced trainers cum light fighters, they needed to train our pilots to handle the migs in our inventory. Most of our advanced birds come from russia.

The arms offered to us by the russians are good.

But the only beef i have with them is that we will have to pay 5% interest rate for it. It is going to hurt our pockets really bad

bd army is more influenced by the china and its correct india helped a lot in the year of 1971 liberation war, but after 71 rest of the indian history is a torture history.killing innocent ppl along with the borders make already the defence force mad to the india and the BSF.this is irreplaceble tie with the china and the bd.and for sure its a headache of india ,they nvr want china in bd .
I billion soft loan, quite lots. Russian is gonna enhance it's influence on BD. China will make it's back any time in the future.

i hadnot seen one eating grass or even heard such news in Pakistan..
wt about ur peoples eating rats and killing and selling own childs???
lets compare.prizes..
here bread=Rs2
in India??

Same here too.. IND Rs.1
1 INR = 1.82 PKR

LOL it was a good comment. according to the psysics law it can be.like INDIA is trying hard make itself from nuclear to the atomic as we see the separatist telengana state ,the ulfa, naga, kashmir :D
Yes, every district of Bangladesh should be free of Dhaka hegemony, and should declare themselves independent. Only way Bangladesh can be nuclear, in literary terms. :lol:

LOL it was a good comment. according to the psysics law it can be.like INDIA is trying hard make itself from nuclear to the atomic as we see the separatist telengana state ,the ulfa, naga, kashmir :D
Yes, every district of Bangladesh should be free of Dhaka hegemony, and should declare themselves independent. Only way Bangladesh can be nuclear, in literary terms. :lol:

Is that they teach in Lungi academies. Telengana movement is for a new state in Andhra Pradesh, not for a new country. Ulfa and Naga's are dropping their arms and surrendering. And Kashmir was, is and will be a part of India.

Mind your own Lungis. As the Burmese might come invading anytime from now. ;)

Gussah kiu karte raho umaro jan :D ,my lungi is hardly tiedup. even the telengana movement if for a new state shows how unstable you are ! 2nd bd has no movement like those. ulfa naga dropping theirs rifes not their kukris.whenever they will get a chanche they will circumsation you.finaly kashmis is yours and will be forever yours the way you think ,pakistan also thinks is the same way. last one for u let the burmese come and you can also join with 'em you are most welcome . ek jadu ki jhappi de dunga ;)
Is that they teach in Lungi academies. Telengana movement is for a new state in Andhra Pradesh, not for a new country. Ulfa and Naga's are dropping their arms and surrendering. And Kashmir was, is and will be a part of India.

Mind your own Lungis. As the Burmese might come invading anytime from now. ;)

Gussah kiu karte raho umaro jan :D ,my lungi is hardly tiedup. even the telengana movement if for a new state shows how unstable you are ! 2nd bd has no movement like those. ulfa naga dropping theirs rifes not their kukris.whenever they will get a chanche they will circumsation you.finaly kashmis is yours and will be forever yours the way you think ,pakistan also thinks is the same way. last one for u let the burmese come and you can also join with 'em you are most welcome . ek jadu ki jhappi de dunga ;)

That's a LOL comment, it means 'Lungi Othaye Laugh'.

2009'er Bangladeshi Rifles er Rebellion bhuile geli eto taratari?

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Bangladesh guard mutiny 'spreads'

Back
Top Bottom