What's new

Russia displays special features of IL-112 to India

jaiind

Reaction score
Country
India
India has displayed interest in the Il-112 aircraft, details about which were introduced to the Indian Prime Minister by Dmitry Rogozin, Russia’s Deputy Prime Minister.
maquette_ilyushin_il-112.jpg

Dmitry Rogozin, Russia’s Deputy Prime Minister introduced the technological features of the Il-112 aircraft to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he said, while he visited the Voronezh Aircraft Building Enterprise VASO.

"This plane is of interest for some of our foreign partners. I myself handed the prospect for specifications on the airframe to Prime Minister of India, Modi," Rogozin said.

He stated that the aircraft can be made to suit both military and civilian specifications.

Additionally, the Il-112 will have unique capabilities, including being able to land on the ground and on unequipped airfields, and being able to raise bulky loads.

Rogozin said the terrain in India is mountainous and the country needs to support the military forces.

"They have showed a preliminary interest in that," said Rogozin.

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @MilSpec @gslv mk3 @Kinetic @kali

Last edited:
India has displayed interest in the Il-112 aircraft, details about which were introduced to the Indian Prime Minister by Dmitry Rogozin, Russia’s Deputy Prime Minister.
maquette_ilyushin_il-112.jpg

Dmitry Rogozin, Russia’s Deputy Prime Minister introduced the technological features of the Il-112 aircraft to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he said, while he visited the Voronezh Aircraft Building Enterprise VASO.

"This plane is of interest for some of our foreign partners. I myself handed the prospect for specifications on the airframe to Prime Minister of India, Modi," Rogozin said.

He stated that the aircraft can be made to suit both military and civilian specifications.

Additionally, the Il-112 will have unique capabilities, including being able to land on the ground and on unequipped airfields, and being able to raise bulky loads.

Rogozin said the terrain in India is mountainous and the country needs to support the military forces.

"They have showed a preliminary interest in that," said Rogozin.

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @MilSpec @gslv mk3 @Kinetic @kali
Nope, India will never buy it.

Why not, if Russian provide the FADEEC controlled engine.
1) this is Russia, they talk a lot where defence deals are concerned but most never see the light of day
2) the experience with the MTA (IL-214) and AN-32RE upgrade (where Russia put India into a position where it has to cannibalise 30% of its AN-32 fleet) has left a very bad taste, now they want to offer the IL-112? Come on.
3) (most crucially) a plane with a near identical MTOW (the C-295W) is to be made in India in the near future that actually delivers superior performance (20,000lb of payload for the C-295 vs just 13,000lb for the IL-112)

1) this is Russia, they talk a lot where defence deals are concerned but most never see the light of day
2) the experience with the MTA (IL-214) and AN-32RE upgrade (where Russia put India into a position where it has to cannibalise 30% of its AN-32 fleet) has left a very bad taste, now they want to offer the IL-112? Come on.
3) (most crucially) a plane with a near identical MTOW (the C-295W) is to be made in India in the near future that actually delivers superior performance (20,000lb of payload for the C-295 vs just 13,000lb for the IL-112)

MOD should combine the requirements of all 3 services, + Coast guard, and order this thing in numbers and then aim for 100% indigenization then use this program as a stepping stone to create a mature defense Industry, Europeans are good chaps they will cooperate with us

Well problem was

1) It was the IAF who assume that MTA will automatically come with FADEEC.

2) For AN-32, how could we blame Russia, when the parts supplier after USSR deintegration goes to Ukraine. It was now the part of the IAF or rather DM to secure the supply from the respective OEMs. Same problem goes with the MIG-21, and MIG-27 that's why Russians blame Indians who procured the spares from the wrong OEMs.

3) The void for the MTA or the Medium light wt. transport aircraft is needed badly, and its high time, when they should decide to go for MTA or C-170.

MOD should combine the requirements of all 3 services, + Coast guard, and order this thing in numbers and then aim for 100% indigenization then use this program as a stepping stone to create a mature defense Industry, Europeans are good chaps they will cooperate with us

The F-35 was supposed to do that, it's billions over budget. Each branch has a specific role there's little to no compromise, especially when you're talking about spec op or it being the backbone of the military.

General characteristics c295

Crew: Two
Capacity: 71 troops
Payload: 9,250 kg (20,400 lb)
Length: 24.50 m (80 ft 3 in)
Wingspan: 25.81 m (84 ft 8 in)
Height: 8.60 m (28 ft 3 in)
Wing area: 59 m² (634.8 ft²)
Max. takeoff weight: 23,200 kg (51,146 lb)
Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW127G Hamilton Standard 586-F (six bladed), 1,972 kW (2,645 hp) each
Performance

Maximum speed: 576 km/h (311 knots, 358 mph)
Cruise speed: 480 km/h (260 knots, 300 mph)
Range: with 3,000 kg (6,600 lb) payload, 4,600 km (2,500 nmi / 2,875 mi); (with 6,000 kg (13,200 lb) payload, 3,700 km (2,000 nmi / 2,300 mi))
Range with max 9,250 kg (20,400 lb) payload: 1,300 km (700 nmi / 805 mi)
Ferry range: 5,400 km (2,900 nmi / 3,335 mi)
Service ceiling: 9,100 m (30,000 ft)
Takeoff run: 670 m (2,200 ft)

Landing run: 320 m (1,050 ft)

General characteristics il112

Crew: 2
Length: 23.14 m (75 ft 11 in)
Wingspan: 25.74 m (84 ft 5 in)
Height: 8.87 m (29 ft 1 in)
Wing area: 300.0 m² ()
Useful load: 6000 kg (3,000 lb)
Max. takeoff weight: 20,000 kg (44,000 lb)
Powerplant: 2 × Klimov TV7-117ST turboprops, 2,100 kW (2,800 hp) each
Performance

Cruise speed: 550–580 km/h (340–360 mph)
Range: 5,000 km with 2 tonne load; 1000 km with max load (3,100 mi with 2 ton load; 600 mi with max load)
Service ceiling: 9,000 m (30,000 ft)

c295 with lower thrust manage to have higher payload, higher ceiling,range,also it is already in use in many countries.
so technically it looks superior to il 112 which is not even in production yet.
But if Russia is willing to share its engine tech we can think about it , but its unlikely.
we need strong aerospace with private partition and tata is likely to pull off with c 295.

The F-35 was supposed to do that, it's billions over budget. Each branch has a specific role there's little to no compromise, especially when you're talking about spec op or it being the backbone of the military.

I am talking about India

I am talking about India

I'm talking in general the F-35 was a modern example.

What i'm saying is that each branch has their own role, the IAF may require the IL to be able to conduct ELINT, SAR, and resupply.

The Navy will want to do ASW and Patrol.

And Army wants Paradrops.

Each is uniquely different on the specifications required from the engines to configuration.

I'm talking in general the F-35 was a modern example.

What i'm saying is that each branch has their own role, the IAF may require the IL to be able to conduct ELINT, SAR, and resupply.

The Navy will want to do ASW and Patrol.

And Army wants Paradrops.

Each is uniquely different on the specifications required from the engines to configuration.

forgive me I misunderstood you. Coming to your point, I think C-295 is a proven platform already in mass production unlike the F-35, each service can agree to select it as their base line platform and then order required changes for their own needs. Standardization is gonna drastically cut costs and increase efficiency

Well problem was

1) It was the IAF who assume that MTA will automatically come with FADEEC.

2) For AN-32, how could we blame Russia, when the parts supplier after USSR deintegration goes to Ukraine. It was now the part of the IAF or rather DM to secure the supply from the respective OEMs. Same problem goes with the MIG-21, and MIG-27 that's why Russians blame Indians who procured the spares from the wrong OEMs.

3) The void for the MTA or the Medium light wt. transport aircraft is needed badly, and its high time, when they should decide to go for MTA or C-170.
The reasons are now immaterial. India/IAF is where it is, time to go from here. With the C-295 to be built in India by TATA there is zero incentive to get an unproven system (IL-112) that is every parameter from a partner that has consistently failed India in after sales support.

I agree there is a huge void where that the MTA has left between the C-295 and the C-130J-30/C-17/IL-76 airlifters of the IAF. The solution won't come from Russia though I am pretty sure of that.
It will happen bro don't worry. Already DRDO are working on a Maritime patrol version of the C-295 for the Indian Coast Guard, the navy are also likely to opt for this in the long term to replace their Do-228s and eventually they will work on an ASW version for the navy's of take care of the MR-MPA role (with the P-8I covering the long range role ).

The reasons are now immaterial. India/IAF is where it is, time to go from here. With the C-295 to be built in India by TATA there is zero incentive to get an unproven system (IL-112) that is every parameter from a partner that has consistently failed India in after sales support.

I agree there is a huge void where that the MTA has left between the C-295 and the C-130J-30/C-17/IL-76 airlifters of the IAF. The solution won't come from Russia though I am pretty sure of that.

It will happen bro don't worry. Already DRDO are working on a Maritime patrol version of the C-295 for the Indian Coast Guard, the navy are also likely to opt for this in the long term to replace their Do-228s and eventually they will work on an ASW version for the navy's of take care of the MR-MPA role (with the P-8I covering the long range role ).

Russian transport aircraft are dead given Russia's problems in producing spares. There are too many cost effective Western aircraft available

Why can't HAL get a clearance similar to ISRO and pursue the same design as the initial MTA design at it alone?

Why does everything have to be a fcking tender, process, bidding, allegations, politics, media hype, getting duped, cost escalation, cancellation and rebidding?

The procurement policies are despicable by the MOD. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom