What's new

Russia claims to have 'electronic bomb' that can disarm entire US Navy

Below is an 2014 news article please read it care fully. Thanks in advance.
Perhaps you should take some electronics courses beyond the high school level.

HGWIJBE.jpg

That is a waveguide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waveguide
A waveguide is a structure that guides waves, such as electromagnetic waves or sound, with minimal loss of energy by restricting expansion to one dimension or two.
To sum it up...

When an EM signal is traveling inside a waveguide, it takes a nuclear level EM transmission in order to disrupt the traveling signal inside a waveguide.

That is why electronics engineers -- let alone military people -- do not take that story seriously.

Perhaps you should take some electronics courses beyond the high school level.

HGWIJBE.jpg

That is a waveguide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waveguide

To sum it up...

When an EM signal is traveling inside a waveguide, it takes a nuclear level EM transmission in order to disrupt the traveling signal inside a waveguide.

That is why electronics engineers -- let alone military people -- do not take that story seriously.

lol, people believe that story don't know shit about EM.......

AN/SPY-1D Radar was powered by 4 Generators on board a vessel, it's power output is 6 Mega Watts. A state of the art Fighter borne jammer such as ALQ-99 have at most 10 KW power. Which is quite good considering on board power on an EA-18G. and you are supposed to tell me that something from an aircraft can be powerful enough to blind and jam a 6 MW radar system? Did the Russian aircraft towing a power generator at the back??

Or you are tell me some jammer with at most Kilo Watts in juice can jam something that emit 6 Mega Watt powers?? If the Russian can pull this out, well, I really do think it's Game over for the American lol...

They are still using their old Soviet Junk.

Russia has more modern military equipment then any European NATO state. Turkey still use F-4s from the 1950s. Most "modern" Turkish equipment is old equipment like ancient M-60s with Israeli add-on armor and German gun.

Even with some "modern" equipment the Turkish military proved, unprofessional, poorly trained and poorly led in Syria. Turkey lost dozens of tanks, and APCs in just a few months in Syria. Turkey lost more soldiers in 2 weeks in Syria then Russia lost in nearly 2 years.

All EMP weapons can do this. This is why a lot of Russian stuff still uses old fuses

No they don't.

...A state of the art Fighter borne jammer such as ALQ-99 have at most 10 KW power.
The MiG-25 that landed in Japan in 1976 was equipped with a 600kW radar. It could fry rabbits hundreds of meters away.

The MiG-25 that landed in Japan in 1976 was equipped with a 600kW radar. It could fry rabbits hundreds of meters away.

No idea how much MIG-25 radar goes, but I can tell you this, if it could fry a rabbit hundred of meters away, it probably will kill the pilot within minutes which seated a few feet behind the radar.....

Russia has more modern military equipment then any European NATO state. Turkey still use F-4s from the 1950s. Most "modern" Turkish equipment is old equipment like ancient M-60s with Israeli add-on armor and German gun.

Even with some "modern" equipment the Turkish military proved, unprofessional, poorly trained and poorly led in Syria. Turkey lost dozens of tanks, and APCs in just a few months in Syria. Turkey lost more soldiers in 2 weeks in Syria then Russia lost in nearly 2 years.

No they don't.
Yes they do and the reason is they survive emp blasts to which modern electronics are vulnerable

No idea how much MIG-25 radar goes, but I can tell you this, if it could fry a rabbit hundred of meters away, it probably will kill the pilot within minutes which seated a few feet behind the radar.....
I suppose the pilot has some protection but it was a crime to activate the radar on the ground. As I understand it the MiG-25 pilot directed his interceptor from ground controllers and only used its radar intermittently, primarily to guide the semi-active radar homing AA missiles it carried after they launched.

Yes they do and the reason is they survive emp blasts to which modern electronics are vulnerable

Stop talking about things you clearly know nothing about. Vacuum tubes have been Fazed out decades ago. Even outdated Russian electronics don't use them.

I suppose the pilot has some protection but it was a crime to activate the radar on the ground. As I understand it the MiG-25 pilot directed his interceptor from ground controllers and only used its radar intermittently, primarily to guide the semi-active radar homing AA missiles it carried after they launched.

Most likely not. If the pilot was protected by some kind of technology (by the way how are you protecting 600KW radiation in 1970s?) Then the radar is a forward looking only radar, (Whatever protecting the pilot would also blocking the Radar EM, which mean they cannot be use for backward and downward sweep.

That mean the radar will be basically useless...

600KW seems inaccurate, even E-2D and E-3 Radar only goes to 1 MW or 900KW, with 600KW it would be of earlier version AWACS radar (like E-2A)

...Then the radar is a forward looking only radar, (Whatever protecting the pilot would also blocking the Radar EM, which mean they cannot be use for backward and downward sweep.
Yes, I think that's correct. The original MiG-25 was built for only one mission, to intercept high-altitude supersonic bombers like the proposed B-70, or maybe the B-58. Its radar had no all-around capability and was useless below 500 meters.

But it does give you an idea of how powerful a fighter jet's airborne radar can be.

Yes, I think that's correct. The original MiG-25 was built for only one mission, to intercept high-altitude supersonic bombers like the proposed B-70, or maybe the B-58. Its radar had no all-around capability and was useless below 500 meters.

But it does give you an idea of how powerful a fighter jet's airborne radar can be.

But I think Mig-25 have a ground looking radar....

Anyway, 600KW with on board power generator does not seems possible, also it's doesn't look possible that any 1970 technology can block 600KW of Radiation, I would have treat this with a grain of salt.

Anyway, 600KW with on board power generator does not seems possible, also it's doesn't look possible that any 1970 technology can block 600KW of Radiation, I would have treat this with a grain of salt.
I think you're right. Must be some sort of typo. No way to fit a 5-tonne-plus generator in a ten-ton plane.

The first generation MIG-25 radar was powerful enough to burn thru most Western EM countermeasures, but the downside to that is extremely poor target resolutions, so poor that the best the radar can do for the pilot is to give general direction of the target. He fires the missile and hope the missile's own sensor can make a hit.

A state-controlled Russian news channel claims the country's military has devised a form of electronic weapon which could completely incapacitate all US ships and planes without the need for ammunition. The so-called "Russian Electronic Warfare" system reportedly works by jamming radio control signals.
ALL US Ships? All of them, worldwide, all at once? :woot:

In the report, broadcast on Russia-1's Vesti programme, it was claimed the system had been used by a Russian Sukhoi Su-24 bomber against the USS Donald Cook in the Black Sea in 2014. The ship lost power and had to be rushed to port in Romania.
Thouroughly debunked fake news. Port call in Romania had been scheduled moths ahead (shown on many websites where you can track upcoming naval port visits). There is no way anyone could know what soldiers on board thought/felt, by means of flying by. The Su-24s in question were not carrying any ordnance (that means also no EW pods) while the latest Russian EW systems are not installing on board Su-24.

Vesti quoted now-retired US Air Force General Frank Gorenc as saying: "Russian electronic weapons completely paralyse the functioning of American electronic equipment installed on missiles, aircraft and ships."
US and many other nations have and/or produce EW equipment, including jammers. Nothing new there.

The report also claims Russia can create electronic jamming domes over military bases to make them "invisible" to enemy surveillance. The reporter adds: "You don't need to have expensive weapons to win – powerful radio-electronic jamming is enough."
Jamming doesn't make things invisible. You mainly need a more powerfull radar to burn through. Jamming also gives away your position, and makes you vulnerable to e.g. anti-radiation missiles (i.e. can be taken out by ARM with home-on-jam function).

Have a nice day.

See https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/jam-...lectronic-warfare-kit-comes-to-europe.493470/

Back
Top Bottom