Russia Can't Meet India's Arms Deliveries. IAF

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
20230324_154028.jpg

Strategically distancing themselves.

There is a good and bad to this story. The good part is the lack of spares affects readiness for the Indian Armed Forces. However, the bad part is that this could eventually force India to look for more Western alternatives, slowly erode our advantage over time, and tip the scale heavily in India's favor.

There is a good and bad to this story. The good part is the lack of spares affects readiness for the Indian Armed Forces. However, the bad part is that this could eventually force India to look for more Western alternatives, slowly erode our advantage over time, and tip the scale heavily in India's favor.
Western and chinese technologies are almost at par with each other, in ten years time there won't be much difference between the two, infact chinese would be ahead in some domains like AI. well the indians can't out source sensible brains, you still need someone capable to run the machine, and what theu did to su's, what u think they won't do that to rafales, the indians are good at making joke out of things

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think India bought anything major from Russia recently.

I can only think of S-400.

Already some Indians were boasting about ''upgrades'' like Super Sukhoi that will be equal to 5.5 Generations fighters.
Now it seems that let alone upgrading IAF can't even maintain current inventories.
Seems like India will be forced away from Russia which in long term (very long term) will not be good for Pakistan.

So they're buying from Iran but not from India?
Irrelevant to the topic. What makes you think that Russia needs Indian products?

India doesn't produce crap, oh wait, they do. But Russia doesn't need them in any case.

Irrelevant to the topic. What makes you think that Russia needs Indian products?

India doesn't produce crap, oh wait, they do. But Russia doesn't need them in any case.
India is Russia's biggest defence partner and the world's biggest importer of Soviet and then Russian arms, now you decide what importance India has for Russia.
And given the extreme Russian isolation Russia needs India more than India needs Russia, they need our local companies and need us to export critical stuff to keep their certain industries afloat.
Did you know India singlehandedly bailed out various Russian firms by giving big order for T90s and Su30mkis?
the joint project undertakings of both nations is beneficial to Russia too as they on their own cannot fund the projects neither mass produce it with their current industrial base and economy.
After India pulled out of su57 program Russia hardly produced any of those jets with no major changes or improvements.
In the next few years Indian economy and prominence in world geopolitics will further rise.
Also current Indian fledgling arms industry will mature with time, we're taking baby steps right now.
Plus why do you think Russia is trying to retain India on it's side by pitching armatas, su57s, Sukhoi airliners?
plus asking India to actively invest in Russian market?
Russia is still a major Indian ally given our past and present mutual understandings and trade in critical sectors including joint projects but it's high time that India diversifies it's defence industry with emphasis on local industry.
Indians will be forever grateful to the Soviets and the Russians for extending help in our defence industry, space travel etc.

India is Russia's biggest defence partner and the world's biggest importer of Soviet and then Russian arms, now you decide what importance India has for Russia.
And given the extreme Russian isolation Russia needs India more than India needs Russia, they need our local companies and need us to export critical stuff to keep their certain industries afloat.
Did you know India singlehandedly bailed out various Russian firms by giving big order for T90s and Su30mkis?
the joint project undertakings of both nations is beneficial to Russia too as they on their own cannot fund the projects neither mass produce it with their current industrial base and economy.
After India pulled out of su57 program Russia hardly produced any of those jets with no major changes or improvements.
In the next few years Indian economy and prominence in world geopolitics will further rise.
Also current Indian fledgling arms industry will mature with time, we're taking baby steps right now.
Plus why do you think Russia is trying to retain India on it's side by pitching armatas, su57s, Sukhoi airliners?
plus asking India to actively invest in Russian market?
Russia is still a major Indian ally given our past and present mutual understandings and trade in critical sectors including joint projects but it's high time that India diversifies it's defence industry with emphasis on local industry.
Indians will be forever grateful to the Soviets and the Russians for extending help in our defence industry, space travel etc.
Yeah, i am well aware of India's potentials. But they have remained on the same level of potentials. Look at China, they have turned their own potentials into capabilities. What have Indian leaders done? Followed American orders like an obedient kid.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think India bought anything major from Russia recently.

I can only think of S-400.

SU-30/MiG-29 spare parts & engines, T-90S tanks what are assembled in India, ships, missiles and engines for missiles manufactured in India like the Brahmos/Nirbhay. India has begun making their own parts but if Russia stopped supplying large numbers Indian military would become useless.

Yeah, i am well aware of India's potentials. But they have remained on the same level of potentials. Look at China, they have turned their own potentials into capabilities. What have Indian leaders done? Followed American orders like an obedient kid.
man i raised so many points why not answer them?
Talking about potentials India is on a growth curve, China had their spurt period we'll have ours.
Indians is among the only nations that is truly non aligned now what has Iran did or achieved eh? why was the majority which you will conveniently term as minority and western shills were protesting? and why did govt brutally break them?

The entire West has been supplying india with their top of the line weapon systems for at least 20 years as they seek to build up india against China. In fact india is probably the only country that has the full backing of both russia and the west.

man i raised so many points why not answer them?
Talking about potentials India is on a growth curve, China had their spurt period we'll have ours.
Indians is among the only nations that is truly non aligned now what has Iran did or achieved eh? why was the majority which you will conveniently term as minority and western shills were protesting? and why did govt brutally break them?
Unlike India ruled by ruthless imperialists, Iranians are free to express their wishes in the streets as far as they don't harm public Properties. Sabotuers are a different story.

India will remain what it has been so far, an obedient kid to USA. Consequently USA will not allow India to grow more than an specified limit.

Unlike India ruled by ruthless imperialists, Iranians are free to express their wishes in the streets as far as they don't harm public Properties. Sabotuers are a different story.

India will remain what it has been so far, an obedient kid to USA. Consequently USA will not allow India to grow more than an specified limit.
What exactly is your establishment then?
How can a thing like morality police exist? how do you kill and torture people just to wear a hearscarf?
India has grown a lot since it liberalized in the 1990s, Iran won't grow above a certain limit you guys are cut off/blocked from most of the world. Global trade and economics won't favor you when your only allies are Russia and China even there it's a relationship of convenience.
The west and America isn't going anywhere there won't be a holy war where one side completely loses in the next few decades.
India is trading with both West, Russia, to an extent with Iran and whoever else could benefit us.

Back
Top Bottom