What's new

Russia at International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) 2014 in Karachi.

I can not know what Pakistan is looking for. But can I say with confidence that Russia - the world leader in air defense. Russia may build a fully layered air defense, starting with MANPADS, and ending the S-400.

A fully layered approach from Manpads to S-400, is a very interesting prospect. Pakistan would have to look into it, and explore more. We need to learn about Russian Equipment fast and furious.

there is no evidence that Pakistan have FT2000/FD2000

I thought its confirmed FT 2000 / S-300PMU in Pakistan.

I can not know what Pakistan is looking for. But can I say with confidence that Russia - the world leader in air defense. Russia may build a fully layered air defense, starting with MANPADS, and ending the S-400.

Funds are an issue. In order to build a credible long range SAM umbrella, integration etc, would cost 1-2 billion USD.

Russia and Pakistan signed an ambitious agreement to expand defence and military ties on 20 November, setting in motion a new era of co-operation between the two former Cold War foes.

The agreement followed the recent confirmation by Pakistani officials to IHS Jane's that the two countries had agreed on the sale of up to 20 Mil Mi-35 attack helicopters to Islamabad. If concluded the helicopter deal would be the biggest military sale by Russia to Pakistan.

A military diplomatic source in Moscow told IHS Jane's that Pakistan is also interested in buying a batch of Mi-28NE 'Havoc' attack helicopters and that a Russian delegation is preparing to present data on the Mi-28NE as well as the Pantsir-S1 (SA-22), Tor-M2KM (SA-15), and Buk-M2 (SA-17) surface-to-air missile systems to Pakistani officials at the forthcoming International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) 2014 in Karachi.

Pakistan, Russia sign defence co-operation agreement, discuss helo sales - IHS Jane's 360

@Penguin

there was a plan but due to lack of funds we couldn't procure FD2000 ... from china Purchased LY80/HQ16 instead

When did that happened? and if Russia is offering Buk-M2KM then which one is better Russian or Chinese system?

When did that happened? and if Russia is offering Buk-M2KM then which one is better Russian or Chinese system?

Do u have a requirement/budgetary allocation?

russian long range sam like s400 is definitely superior than chinese HQ9 .....

We have ordered 3 batteries of LY80/HQ16 along with 8 IBIS150 radars which is medium range sam system 50-70 km range .... Pakistan needs a long range SAM like FD2000 or S300 VM ..Maybe in future we will procure a replacement for our HQ 2

Will Russia like to sale S-350E MR-SAM to Pakistan because that kind of system is what Pakistan really need ASAP? also the SAMs mentioned in OP, are they good enough in today's modern threat environment, specially India v Pakistan and are they better what China can offer to Pakistan?

S-350E Vityaz Medium-Range Air Defense Missile System |
Military-Today.com
I do not think that the S-350 will be exported in close term. The idea is that the S-350 will completely replace the first modifications of the S-300, which are still in service. However, if the economic situation is difficult, then Russia will have to return the priority to export orders.

Well if we buy all these Air Defence systems at least 10 batteries each along with 50 MI-28 it would be major boost

Mobile with more range in especially the altitude
Spada 2000

Spada has vertical limit of 3500m vs 15000m for pantsir.

The spada has greater radar range and has greater target tracking ability. In addition, the Spada system is focused on operating within a heavy jamming environment.

The spada has greater radar range and has greater target tracking ability. In addition, the Spada system is focused on operating within a heavy jamming environment.
both system have their own advantages .. Pantsir with Mobility , high altitude capability is good for tank columns defence

while spada have better radar , tracking and engaging but at fixed point defence provide it as a ultimate weapon of choice

Do u have a requirement/budgetary allocation?

If Pakistan have sent query / RFI about those SAMs and other systems from Russia then govt must have done home work how to arrange funds.

Back
Top Bottom