What's new

Russia and Pakistan getting closer to a united front on Afghanistan

Judging by the response. I am guessing it is now "Hindi Russo Bye Bye" no more all weather? :P

Had to laugh out loud because of this word-play.
For those who don't know, Obambam is referring to the 'Hind Chini Bhai Bhai' (India-China Brothers Brothers) from the 50's.

Back to topic: I think Russians can greatly help India and Pakistan come back to some negotiated settlement over disputes, along with China's help.

@pakistani : u r talking about russia going to ally with pakistan bcz of mmrca deal.

ok even if russia(in pakistani view) wants pak dan india , for just 10billion $$ russia leaves INDIA.
if RUSSIA doing like dat(assume) d u think RUSSIA wont do same vd u. How much time it will b vd u.

Why the impression i am getting from the Indian members is that Russia and either be friends with India or with Pakistan? Do they think Russia having good relations with Pakistan will have a negative effect on Russia’s relationship with India? I don’t think so. The reason Indian’s have a problem with this is because they think they will lose support of Russia while acting against Pakistan. Isn’t it obvious Russia and India have a lot more at stake with their co operation and India can offer financial benefits to Russia that Pakistan will never even come close to. But unless the Indians do not want a prosperous Pakistan (as a lot of you claim you do) they should not have problems with Russia having good terms with Pakistan because it will not harm India in any way but will be hugely beneficial for Pakistan. And like I said in my previous post, having a common friend like Russia will help India and Pakistan resolve their disputes, and it's about fu**ing time.

If Indian and Pakistani members get free from usual Di*k measuring exercise then one can discuss the importance of this development in detail. Pakistan should have a working relationship with every country of this world (except Israel). If you are not strong yourself dont expect others to come to your rescue, grow some cojones. Geographically Russia is far closer to Pakistan then US.
P.S Indians please stop whining like little girls upon hearing any positive development regarding Pakistan.

An apartheid state, yes we should but lets leave that to some other time.

And what's the point of the name calling - our voice can only be heard if we first have relations - but that's for another day -- soon though

No one?? Which is why you are the only guys complaining. Try finding any survey conducted in Afghanistan which states that they like Pakistan & dislike Indians. In any case, we were talking about Russia & compared to India's economic clout, Pakistan brings nothing and the Russians have no intention in filling up any begging bowl.
No need to insult Pakistan on the basis of its current economic position. Just like many nations, Pakistan was also vulnerable to effects of global economic recession. In addition, WOT and issues of terrorism also took heavy toll.

Pakistan can offer following to Russia:

• Investment opportunities
  • Easy access to warm waters
  • Joint ventures in arms industry
In addition, a friendly Pakistan would provide a favorable atmosphere to Russia in the South Asian sector for its (Russian) interests in the region and a better chance for a patch-up with Afghanistan.

Do not presume on strategic affairs without doing some homework.

russia isn't interested in joint ventures in the defence industry though it'll accept whatever pakistan offers as a bonus. if india pulls out of pak-fa, pakistan can become a customer.

it's regional security that russia needs most of all. and access to gwadar would be nice.

russia is a natural ally of pakistan or a natural enemy but not a transactional one.

allying with pakistan brings more benefits than allying with india. that's just a fact.

Russia wants the Afghan-Pakistan middle route..been trying since the end of world war 2.

Afghanistan borders Russia and Pakistan and Central asia in the center.What happens in Afghans affects the entire region. Already reports about chechen millitants being trained in Afghanistan and Afgan insurgency fueling millitants in neighbouring countries is on the rise..

India has no shared borders in Afghanistan, its presence is a destructive force only to advance American intrests. Russian are threatened by the possibility of American or their proxies having a hold in Afghanistan.

Pakistan enjoys strong influence in Middle east while Russia's left over allies in ME are fast losing their thrones. Mubarak of Egypt is gone, Bashar of Syria may fall anytime and Ghaddafi of Libya in in NATO cross hair.

Pakistan push has been intrumental in building Sino influence in middle east. Chinese companies despite less experience than the americans or russians are sacking major infrastructure, oil and gas, transports and irrigation projects. China has gone as far as having naval exchanges with Saudi Arabia and Air exercies with Turkey. Pakistan was intrumental in opening of China to the world particulary USA. The Sino-Pak bond is unshakeable while the russians are emerging as fast losers. India is unable to market Russian cause with bollywood dances or may be out of its own aspirations. So far India has not proven to be a reliable ally standing through thick and thin.

Todays Russia is as miserable politically as it can get. It has lost its voice in europe, middle east and soon even in Asia if it fails to react. It has no depenable allies other than India which is fast drifting away. Comparitively the tiny so-called "failed" state of Pakistan has considerable leverage in the oil rich middle east, the OIC, strong alliance with China, Turkey and Saudi Arabia as well the ability to project tactic influence in Afghanistan.

While Russia strategy for squeezing the small one into submission by partnering with the big and heavy has failed miserably. Neither under Soviet pressure nor under American pressure has Pakistan even accecpt submission to India or allowed its cultural dominance. The history seems to repeat itself. Conmen of Delhi promising USA a future in central asia much like they promised the Soviet / Russian some influece towards the south with their so called soft power.

Surprise, the ruling elite is not impressed by belly dance of Ayesha Takia neither they tune in Zee Aflam!

With satellite TV and cable beaming ameircan culture directly into every household, the regional identity and knowlege of its powers is fast eroding. May be our future generations wont even know about a great country called Russia.In 21st century if Russia fails to market itself in the heart and mind of people it will become the dust of history.

Putin has sevral times spoken about restoring lost pride of Russian people with the current events unfolding in middle east and american presence in Afganistan plus NATO missle defence sheild all spell a miserable future for Russian pride if they do not act now.

And now ladies and gentlemen, i present you some Indian members, recognizable on this forum by their scree names and great proponents of Indo-Pak peace exposing their "honest" opinion towards Pak. In a nutshell, Indians are deeply annoyed by anything positive between Pakistan and Russia.

Pakistan, Russia to sign six agreements

6rYFx.jpg

Superpowers--and I consider Russia to be a military superpower even now--probably have this gave and take approach in international affairs. Russia conniving Americans bombing of Libya and American interests elsewhere while Americans ignoring their ally in Georgia while the Russians pounded them.
That's just an example. Much goes on behind the scene. Big powers are like male lions: Rarely ever directly swiping at each other, knowing the damage lions can do to each other very quickly. They skirmish and move on to to different territories. Like lions do.
However, if Russia decides to turn up the heat in Afghanistan for some revenge then there will be a bloodbath. In 1986 American supplied Stinger missiles were perhaps the single most important factor in the Mujahideen--who were not much more than nuisance till then--making the Russian air assets badly damaged. The tide turned then. A few hundreds SAMs by Russia... Back to 1986!

And now ladies and gentlemen, i present you some Indian members, recognizable on this forum by their scree names and great proponents of Indo-Pak peace exposing their "honest" opinion towards Pak. In a nutshell, Indians are deeply annoyed by anything positive between Pakistan and Russia.

Lol this was expected of them! I'm not surprised at all

What Afghanistan, on which planet? Middle east is over.
I guess someone's wet dream now is to keep the eastern Europe. Will poland be the first collateral damage?

Back
Top Bottom