What's new

Russia aims to bolster ties with North Korea

i think its a good thing. Russia flexing some muscles. it sure will end the western monopoly.

And, upset all their potential future and present clients and economic partners in the surrounding region? I don't see any tangible benefit in propping up an out and out rogue state.

They are doing it because they CAN do it...not because the want to do it.
As Raphael alluded to the US can twist people's arms. Russia is saying its arm can't be twisted.

They are doing it because they CAN do it...not because the want to do it.
As Raphael alluded to the US can twist people's arms. Russia is saying its arm can't be twisted.

Anyone CAN do it, I don't see NK in any enviable position to refuse alliances with any interested parties. The question arises is why would Russia do it?

Good for North Korea. Arm it to the teeth Mr.Putin so that if usa dares to attack,usa suffers violently.

The US isn't going to invade North Korea and have 25 million North Korean fanatics rush over the border to wipeout 50 million South Koreans.

Is N.K close to any disputed Russian territory?

Russia can benefit from arming them, slowly by watching repose of other nations.

The US challenging Russia has made some nice contributions for China. Signed plenty of deals, increased co-operations and now taking some of our burden away now that Russia and NK are getting cozier. Whatever America is gonna do next please don't stop :D

"North Korea's motivations and actions are driven by the leadership's perceptions, world view, and ideology," said Seoul-based analyst Daniel Pinkston, of the International Crisis Group. "That remains the same. As long as the leadership is wedded to son'gun (Military First) ideology, they will not denuclearize before the rest of the world does. And that's exactly what their government and media say repeatedly."

And rightfully so, the North Koreans should ask Western governments to denuclearize first. The US, UK, France and Israel first, then the rest of the world will follow :)

Good for North Korea. Arm it to the teeth Mr.Putin so that if usa dares to attack,usa suffers violently.

Why?

North Korea is anyway not going to be invaded because of nukes. They know that if NK regime is attacked directly, they will launch nukes. While the Fat Kims have nothing to lose, US has a lot to lose even if one nuke slips by their BMD system.

Remember, as much as we have our own reservations, lakhs of north korean citizens live a tormented life in their own land. Forget voting, they cannot even complain. We are sitting here in India and are comfortable but they are living nightmares daily.

I understand that Putin is securing Russian interests which is legitimate but we cannot simply say let the Fat Kims have a free ride. They are the only fat ones in DPRK.

Why?

North Korea is anyway not going to be invaded because of nukes. They know that if NK regime is attacked directly, they will launch nukes. While the Fat Kims have nothing to lose, US has a lot to lose even if one nuke slips by their BMD system.

Remember, as much as we have our own reservations, lakhs of north korean citizens live a tormented life in their own land. Forget voting, they cannot even complain. We are sitting here in India and are comfortable but they are living nightmares daily.

I understand that Putin is securing Russian interests which is legitimate but we cannot simply say let the Fat Kims have a free ride. They are the only fat ones in DPRK.

The way I see it ,The kim family is paranoid about a coup.And I think it will be a matter of time before the generals overthrow and kill them.

Go to the poor areas or tribal areas of chhatisgarh ,jharkhand or ask the lower castes or musahars .Situation is same for them as you describe for north koreans but rather worse. While I disagree with your statement on india ,I do partly agree on your north korea analysis.

Go to the poor areas or tribal areas of chhatisgarh ,jharkhand or ask the lower castes or musahars .Situation is same for them as you describe for north koreans but rather worse. While I disagree with your statement on india ,I do partly agree on your north korea analysis.

I have been there. Really scary situation. But at least they are not hounded by government agents and soldiers or used for experimentation.
But you must know that Chhatisgarh, Bihar and Jharkhand's problems are different. Let us not deviate.

I have been there. Really scary situation. But at least they are not hounded by government agents and soldiers or used for experimentation.
But you must know that Chhatisgarh, Bihar and Jharkhand's problems are different. Let us not deviate.

My father went there in 80's and 90's . He saw very different north korea in these two times. The one in the 80's was world class and first world and 90's one was under draconian military communism . I also have been to north korea in early 2000's,the capital is pretty good still. But the country side ,its terrible and widespread rationing of food,many don't get three meals a day also. And the Junche propaganda is utter bollocks.

No.Almost same.Draconian casteist system and draconian punishments if you dare defy the order and this has been the conditions for centuries . My ancestors in UP converted to Islam for this reason.I left islam for it has transformed into an imperialist genocidal monster,courtesy Saudi Arabia and USA. But in UP ,RSS has started a lot of work to reduce this caste system madness. I am happy about this reforms.

I would prefer to talk no more on this . As the suffering you in North korea ,it was worse suffering for my ancestors in caste system and many others.But still I am happy with the reforms RSS is trying,though it is too slow.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom