What's new

Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army

Mahindra is virtually out of the FICV, after the government axed their JV with Rafael (I still didn't get why???:frown:) and the end of the JV with BAE.
I think L&T has an offer with Italian partners which looked promissing and we know that Ashok Leyland has a jv with German KMW, which could offer Boxer and Puma IFVs. The BMP-3 (which now is offered as a stop gap before FICV), the Styker, or the Rosomak Patria IFVs could also be part of the competition, but not necessarily with an Indian partner.

Other contenders could be the Turkish Tulpar IFV and Arma ACP from Otokar and the Polish Anders IFV.

The article says upgrade of the BMP-2 to BMP-2M standard not buying BMP-3's, my question was in reference to the exact variant of the BMP-2M offered to the Indian Army.

Any Idea what this is... A concept by L&T??

Abhishek%20-%20P2%20DDS%20Pic.jpg

Any Idea what this is... A concept by L&T??

Abhishek%20-%20P2%20DDS%20Pic.jpg

Abhishek Prasad :: Industrial Design :: IDC :: DDS 2009

The Project revolves around the designing of Infantry Combat Vehicle for better safety, better armament, usage ergonomics and styling. This proposed fighting vehicle will be used to carry the soldiers into battle and provide fire support to them. This combat vehicle has been designed with a common platform in mind, multiple war scenarios and Conventional or Urban Warfare. (Note: This is a collaborative between IDC, IIT Bombay and Larsen & Toubro Ltd. Powai, Mumbai. Being a defense sector project, this is governed by Non-Disclosure Agreement Rules)

Thanks for the info, isn't it an impressive design?

Looks more like a PR image, like how a developer presents a building on its marketing broacher. The real thing, if it ever materialize, would not be this fancy. But it would still be a lot better than the current transport.

As for the IFV's already mentioned here by the members like the KMW Boxer & Puma IFV, A few more possible candidate that can or cannot be offered for the competition.

GDELS Pandur II 8x8

233411-Berserker.jpg

GDELS ASCOD

Ascod2_010.jpg

Otokar Arma 8x8

otokar_arma_8x8_10.jpg

Otokar Tulpar

tulpar_l1.jpg

OBRUM Anders

fot-tyt-Tomasz-Hens.jpg

Doosan K21

K-21.jpg

Off-topic but here is a photo of the upgraded BVP-M2 SKCZ displayed at IDET-2013.

DSCF3278.jpg

They's even done away with the fuel tanks on the doors.

DSCF3288.jpg

Although apparently all this comes at the price of one less dismount which is down from the original 7 to 6, I am not quite sure if the number of dismounts is 1 less or not.

DSCF3280.jpg

Back
Top Bottom