What's new

Royal Enfield motorbikes rev up for Bangladesh market

RE's are for long drives and for actual enthusiasts not for a country whose entire dimensions are less to enjoy a driving experience.

It has an ordinary look. It comes no where near Royal Enfield.

Comparing Honda products and anything made in India in terms of quality is a friggin' joke.

C'mon man.

Delusion of the highest order. :lol:

What is the engine block made of? Recycled cheap Indian Karahis (Pot Metal)? :lol:

Are any of you guys even remotely aware what makes a Honda product a better buy, as far as precision fit/finish, tolerances, better componentry, electronics??

Figures - mostly Bhakt IT labor....

@rott, @beijingwalker look at these people, "Anything made in India is better"....

Only bunch of losers who bad mouth their potential customers.

See @Atlas bhai, why I keep repeating about cutting down all trade with these people?

Biggest bunch of ingrates, even after profiting from our economy for fifty long years in uneven trade and still not happy.

Last edited:
The UK’s famous motorcycle brand Royal Enfield is likely to hit Bangladesh roads if the authorities lift restrictions on the existing engine capacity limits in the country.

Sources said, Royal Enfield has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ifad Autos, which will manufacture the bike in Bangladesh.

The move, however, depends on lifting the restrictions on engine capacity of two-wheelers.

Currently, bikes of only 165cc can run in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh allowed motorcycles up to 165cc for the first time from 150cc in its Import Policy Order-2015-2018.

The commerce ministry is working on amending the law for lifting the restriction. A decision might be reached to this end after discussions with all concerned.

Three motorcycle manufacturing companies have expressed their opinions on the matter in written.
Rancon Motorbikes Limited, manufacturer of Japanese brand Suzuki, and Runner Automobiles said they want withdrawal of existing CC (cubic-centimeter) limit.

Runner said they have approval to manufacture bikes up to 350cc and they have started to import 200cc bikes.
Another Japanese brand Kawasaki on 5 December sent a letter to commerce ministry saying that they want to expand their business in Bangladesh and urged the ministry to increase the cap to 250cc.

Hero, on the other hand, expressed their reservation on the decision. HMCL Niloy Bangladesh Limited, the manufacturer of the brand, thinks that Bangladesh is not yet prepared for high engine capacity bikes.

A source said, Bangladesh Motorcycle Assemblers and Manufacturers Association (BMAMA) wants the existing CC limit to remain there until 2025.

A senior official of Ifad Autos told Prothom Alo that, they would bring Royal Enfield to local market in next May if the restriction is lifted within March.

He said they want to set up the factory in either Chattogram’s Mirsarai or Mymensingh’s Bhaluka.
IFAD has leased 30 acres land in Mirsarai Bangabandhu EPZ, he added.

great news .

Comparing Honda products and anything made in India in terms of quality is a friggin' joke.

C'mon man.

Delusion of the highest order. :lol:

What is the engine block made of? Recycled cheap Indian Karahis (Pot Metal)? :lol:

Are any of you guys even remotely aware what makes a Honda product a better buy, as far as precision fit/finish, tolerances, better componentry, electronics??

Figures - mostly Bhakt IT labor....

@rott, @beijingwalker look at these people, "Anything made in India is better"....

Only bunch of losers who bad mouth their potential customers.

See @Atlas bhai, why I keep repeating about cutting down all trade with these people?

Biggest bunch of ingrates, even after profiting from our economy for fifty long years in uneven trade and still not happy.
Very well said Bhai. I completely agree with you, specially about cutting all trade relationship.

But I am surprised that he claimed that his Indian bike is better than Honda CB350 ! It's quite extreme ! :lol:

Last edited:
My friends went to ladakh on bikes, 2 had Royal Enfield , and I was riding Pulsar 220 fi

Wasn't impressed by the performance or handling of RE on steep climbs or sharp curves. I had to show down to keep up with them. Was very frustrating.
Only good thing happened was a Korean guy with his RE new model called offroader something started racing with me so we did 60-100 km/hr speed race on an entire mountain.
What was surprising for me was that at low oxygen, RE started stopping while my bike simply adjusted injector ratios on the fly and had no problem.
I learned a lesson on that trip, Never bring racing bike to a RE group while going steep climbs cornering , you will not be able to ride your hearts desire. On flat road, RE was good.

And Top of it all my bike was 220cc while RE was 350 and 500 cc if I'm not mistaken.

Very well said Bhai. I completely agree with you, specially about cutting all trade relationship.

But I am surprised that he claimed that his Indian bike is better than Honda CB350 ! It's quite extreme ! :lol:

India tey boisha asey. Bojhey ki.

Koi Abbas, Koi Gub gus.

Koi Agartala, koi choukir tala.

Koi Rajrani, koi ........ :lol:

CB350 is also made in India but it is still a Honda, not some unknown brand.

It's like someone claiming their Maruti 800 tincan has better quality and performance than a Porsche or BMW.

My friends went to ladakh on bikes, 2 had Royal Enfield , and I was riding Pulsar 220 fi

Wasn't impressed by the performance or handling of RE on steep climbs or sharp curves. I had to show down to keep up with them. Was very frustrating.
Only good thing happened was a Korean guy with his RE new model called offroader something started racing with me so we did 60-100 km/hr speed race on an entire mountain.
What was surprising for me was that at low oxygen, RE started stopping while my bike simply adjusted injector ratios on the fly and had no problem.
I learned a lesson on that trip, Never bring racing bike to a RE group while going steep climbs cornering , you will not be able to ride your hearts desire. On flat road, RE was good.

And Top of it all my bike was 220cc while RE was 350 and 500 cc if I'm not mistaken.
RE is not for squids who want to race on tarmac roads. Hero, tvs and bajaj for you.

If RE goes to Bangladesh then I am sure that the buyers would decide about it as per the quality of the product. Why are few FMs so agitated about someone fooling someone by poor quality stuff.
buyer is the king today. If a seller sells poor quality stuff in the free market economy then I don’t see that seller winning in any way. Buyers are the kingmakers today.

Let the RE put up fight against superior products of Suzuki etc and lose?

which RE they were riding ?? classic ones, interceptors,cafe racing or himalayan ? There many different varieties according to ones need. Himalayan should do better in ladhak region.

which RE they were riding ?? classic ones, interceptors,cafe racing or himalayan ? There many different varieties according to ones need. Himalayan should do better in ladhak region.
He is just trying to ingratiate himself to the Pakistanis here by badmouthing RE.
His comment shows that he is from the 125 cc category, just promoted to 200 cc so feeling very cool about himself.
His type wont get a RE.

Suffering Major Problems With Royal Enfield Himalayan

CvXZIceQFjWHgbj-800x450-noPad.jpg

QxSpYkjwYvFKAlw-48x48-noPad.jpg

Dhruv Chauhan started this petition to CEO, Royal Enfield Siddhartha Lal and 1 other

We the owners of Royal Enfield Himalayan are facing a lot of problems with our bikes. These are manufacturing defects and the company knows about it. Still, they have not taken any major steps towards solving our problems and they are happily launching a new version of the bike without addressing the problems of the previous Himalayan Owners.

Almost every Himalayan has a manufacturing defect of the magnetic coil, T-stem, gear and clutch issue, Oil Leakage, engine noise among other issues which is frustrating because the owners spend a majority of their time in the service centers.

Many biker brothers have had a close save from accidents because the bike has a unique ability to shut off at any time. One rider was going on a highway at 90 KMPH and was about to overtake a vehicle and the bike's engine shut off at this point. Imagine this scenario. He barely got saved from a major accident.
And this is not one isolated incident, many people have suffered the same and they have documented it on youtube as well.

We have sent various letters to Mr. Siddhartha Lal the CEO of Eicher Motors which owns Royal Enfield. But the response of the company towards its customers is just pathetic. They have come up with temporary solutions and have not been able to fix the issues permanently and they have the nerve to launch a newer BS4 model and completely ignore the old customers who trusted the company and bought the Himalayan despite major issues thinking the company will resolve it.

The people at Service Centre don't know how to service the Himalayan, there are no spare parts available at the Service Centre. We are tired of this casual attitude of the Royal Enfield to resolve the issues.
People are selling their Himalayan because they are frustrated with the poor build quality and poor response of Royal Enfield towards a major issue like this.

We are not cowards, We will fight against this till the end even if we have to take this to court. We want our bikes to be problem free. We have paid 2 lacs for this machine and we deserve to have a problem free bike.

We want Royal Enfield to look into our problems and resolve it before launching the newer version of the bike.

We would sincerely appreciate it if all the people who own a Royal Enfield Himalayan come together and support our petition because enough is enough. We have been troubled enough. Let’s fight so that companies like Royal Enfield do not take their customers for a ride and ignore them after making a sale.

Last edited:

Dhruv Chauhan started this petition to CEO, Royal Enfield Siddhartha Lal and 1 other

We the owners of Royal Enfield Himalayan are facing a lot of problems with our bikes. These are manufacturing defects and the company knows about it. Still, they have not taken any major steps towards solving our problems and they are happily launching a new version of the bike without addressing the problems of the previous Himalayan Owners.

Almost every Himalayan has a manufacturing defect of the magnetic coil, T-stem, gear and clutch issue, Oil Leakage, engine noise among other issues which is frustrating because the owners spend a majority of their time in the service centers.

Many biker brothers have had a close save from accidents because the bike has a unique ability to shut off at any time. One rider was going on a highway at 90 KMPH and was about to overtake a vehicle and the bike's engine shut off at this point. Imagine this scenario. He barely got saved from a major accident.
And this is not one isolated incident, many people have suffered the same and they have documented it on youtube as well.

We have sent various letters to Mr. Siddhartha Lal the CEO of Eicher Motors which owns Royal Enfield. But the response of the company towards its customers is just pathetic. They have come up with temporary solutions and have not been able to fix the issues permanently and they have the nerve to launch a newer BS4 model and completely ignore the old customers who trusted the company and bought the Himalayan despite major issues thinking the company will resolve it.

The people at Service Centre don't know how to service the Himalayan, there are no spare parts available at the Service Centre. We are tired of this casual attitude of the Royal Enfield to resolve the issues.
People are selling their Himalayan because they are frustrated with the poor build quality and poor response of Royal Enfield towards a major issue like this.

We are not cowards, We will fight against this till the end even if we have to take this to court. We want our bikes to be problem free. We have paid 2 lacs for this machine and we deserve to have a problem free bike.

We want Royal Enfield to look into our problems and resolve it before launching the newer version of the bike.

We would sincerely appreciate it if all the people who own a Royal Enfield Himalayan come together and support our petition because enough is enough. We have been troubled enough. Let’s fight so that companies like Royal Enfield do not take their customers for a ride and ignore them after making a sale.
But but , it's better than Honda ! Honda is actually no where closer to Royal Enfield! :undecided: , Oh shut up you Bangladeshi , you do not know anything about Bike riding.:shout: , you only need CT type bike for commuting , you do not deserve Royal Enfield !:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The bottom line is , this article were written and the complain was filed by Jamati Mullahs , to embarrass the land of Milk and honey! :sarcastic:
It has an ordinary look. It comes no where near Royal Enfield.

Last edited:

Nice try, finding 4 years old change.org complaints:lol:. Himalayan was sales launched in 2016 this must be complaints from early adopters. BS6 versions are released now.

But but , it's better than Honda ! Actually Honda is actually no where closer to Royal Enfield! :undecided: , Oh shut up you Bangladeshi , you do not know anything about Bike riding.:shout: , you only need CT type bike for commuting , you do not deserve Royal Enfield !:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The bottom line is , this article were written nd the complain was filed by by Jamati Mullahs , to embarrass the land of Milk and honey! :sarcastic:

All that glitters is not gold. RE has so many defects. You read even American reviews of this bike (where they are exceptionally generous) and they still note some unforgivable faults this bike has that sells for $6000.

https://www.rideapart.com/news/247944/living-and-dying-with-the-royal-enfield-continental-gt/

Indian manufacturers have to try another fifty years before they approach Japanese quality, another twenty/thirty before they get to even Korean/Chinese quality standards.

The Chinese bike manufacturers don't even care to compete with Indian Bike manufacturers, they turn these things out by the millions. In India a motorbike counts as a 'Motor Vehicle'. :sarcastic:

Back
Top Bottom