What's new

Rouhani is at it again

Both of you guys have valid points, Iran does not need heavy armor in large quantities as they would be target practice for the owner of the sky. As for individual outfits for soldiers yes ,Iran needs to pay attention.bulk of Iranian infantry still use WWII helmets (special forces are the exception) .There is absolutely no reason for that.... Iran can afford better gear locally supplied for all its troops....Now one reason we never see Iranian troops in full gear is because all infantry Iran fields in foreign wars are "Militia" type and mostly non Iranian troops. Because of political considerations Iran does not want to give the image of its actual troops in foreign lands. That is the mistake Turks are doing in Syria...by sending your actual formal infantry in full gear and full armor they reinforce the image to the locals that a foreign invading army is in their land.

Having said all that I still would love to see an Iranian armor division in full gear with those beautiful Karar tanks and Toophan MRAPs in formation.

Both of you guys have valid points, Iran does not need heavy armor in large quantities as they would be target practice for the owner of the sky. As for individual outfits for soldiers yes ,Iran needs to pay attention.bulk of Iranian infantry still use WWII helmets (special forces are the exception) .There is absolutely no reason for that.... Iran can afford better gear locally supplied for all its troops....Now one reason we never see Iranian troops in full gear is because all infantry Iran fields in foreign wars are "Militia" type and mostly non Iranian troops. Because of political considerations Iran does not want to give the image of its actual troops in foreign lands. That is the mistake Turks are doing in Syria...by sending your actual formal infantry in full gear and full armor they reinforce the image to the locals that a foreign invading army is in their land.

Having said all that I still would love to see an Iranian armor division in full gear with those beautiful Karar tanks and Toophan MRAPs in formation.

Iran could produce 100K newly updated versions of Tosans a year. 10K of them being latest technology, the other 90K made like WWII tanks, no technology whatsoever. The future of warfare is swarms and miniaturization. Out swarm the swarms and you can win. Light tanks made to cost 10.000 euros each is the way to go.

Mass produce ADS the same way. Having only several hundred of the best large ADS. And thousands of updated Hawk systems a year. Mass produce your best ideas for a light easily mass produced ADS.

Then hide these weapons in tunnels in mountains facing the north.

I was thinking of this over the winter holiday season. Then I came across this article to confirm I was correct:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pentagon-working-on-radical-new-fighting-style-mosaic-warfare.651289/

You want two strategies, your best tech beating their best tech. Then you want to out swarm their swarms. And a vital idea of making sure your swarms are not hackable or susceptible to EMP and electronic warfare. A upgraded Tosan with no electronics, and a protected diesel engine and guts is the centerpiece of a army. a modern WWII era tank, with no electronics. Mobile ADS protecting these during conflict.

I think Iran can build a tank that only cost 10K euros. And if they can they can make a billion euros worth a year, 100K light tanks. You want to wear out your enemy with too many targets hiding in too many places, so they are forced to go low tech. Low tech can be beat with your high tech.

How would Iran pay for this. Read my post on an Rial backed by spot copper. And if zionists crash the price of copper, buy up cheap Chilean copper on the world market with Iranian oil. While using your silver and gold reserves to value the Rial to normal levels.

Three different types of army divisions: high and low tech regular army. Guerrilla infantry army and Militia.

Body armor that leaves no heat sig is a must for everybody.

Back
Top Bottom