What's new

Roshan Digital vs local account

Thank you sir! That is reassuring to hear from a veteran like you who knows investment. Honestly, I have been cursing myself for investing so much. But once the process started it had taken a life of its own and there was no going back.
this is what happen sir once you open its gone hahahaha. don't worry hope you will got good returns in future ,

Roshan Pakistan is a trap you can’t withdraw money in Pakistan. If you have substantial amount in other local banks NAB will arrest you in assets beyond means case or FBR will come after you. I would suggest you to wait until we get rid of Niazi.

You can withdraw money in Pakistan. You can't deposit money in RDA account from within Pakistan. Overseas Pakistani or a dual-national doesn't usually declare his income or total worth in Pakistan so how do you expect NAB or FBR to even have a knowledge o fyour assets?
I honestly have no idea what were you thinking when you posted this!

Roshan Pakistan is a trap you can’t withdraw money in Pakistan. If you have substantial amount in other local banks NAB will arrest you in assets beyond means case or FBR will come after you. I would suggest you to wait until we get rid of Niazi.

Neither FBR nor NAB can arrest you if you are non-resident because you have to pay taxes to country where you are staying and earning. But yes if you have lot of properties and assets in Pakistan and they are increasing then you should be filing return in Pakistan as well explaining your source of income.

Roshan Digital Account gives a handsome interest rate of 7-8% on the money you keep in Pakistani Account. (Currency can be Dollar, Pound, Chinese Yuan, Rupees)

If you keep this money overseas , you will get a tiny interest amount of 1% or 0.75%

The model is designed so you can bring your money , from overseas into Pakistan thru Legal Channel , enjoy the interest rate gain !!!

In Hundi you get 0% interest and Pakistan benefits 0%

The money in Roshan Digital Account is invested back into Pakistani Economy , by Experienced Traders and you get back profits, Profits guaranteed by State of Pakistan

• Pakistan's State Guaranteed products have a solid reputation

The owner of the fund can take out their funds when they want

Absolutely fantastic way to move your funds back to Pakistan for Investment

a) Safe
b) Legal
c) Less Headaches

Value of Green Passport Rises as it is one of the Perks of Having Green Pakistani Passport

Last edited:
What is the better option? Having a PKR account or USD/GBP account?
I'm thinking of eventually opening up two separate accounts. One for PKR and one for GBP. PKR would be good for when visiting Pakistan and GBP for investment, at least I won't be worrying with PKR dropping in value.

Quick update on my RDA account opening saga....
I'm still waiting for UBL to fix the issue. I had spoken with one of their customer services advisor who told me it'll take time to resolve this. In the mean time I completed an application with Al-Falah, a day later my account was active with internet banking setup, transferred small amount of money into it from my UK bank account which was credited within minutes. Al-Falah has been impressive so far! No complaints what so ever.
I'd still probably open up an RDA account with UBL possibly in GBP but let's wait how long it takes them to update their DB.

Thank you sir! That is reassuring to hear from a veteran like you who knows investment. Honestly, I have been cursing myself for investing so much. But once the process started it had taken a life of its own and there was no going back.
اس کا جواب لکھنا تھا پھر بھول گیا سر معذرت

ہمارے یہاں پر ایک پرابلم یہ ہے کہ مشورہ دینے والے بہت ہیں چاہے انہوں نے زندگی میں کچھ اور کیا ہو یا نا کیا ہو ۔ ہمارے ملک کا نائی بھی خارجہ امور دفاع سیاست فزکس فلکیات بیالوجی بر تک بے تکان بول سکتا ہے بس نہیں جانتا تو اپنی دوکان کے سامنے پڑے کچرے کو ٹھکانے لگانا اور اپنی دوکان کو بہتر بنانا نہیں جانتا ۔

ہمارے ساتھ ایک میاں صاحب دوست ہے ساری زندگی جوا کھیلا اور اس وقت جو 30-40 لاکھ ہیں وہ جوئے اور سٹے کی ہی دین ہے ۔ پر جب بھی کوئی پراپرٹی خریدے اسکو بولتا ہے مہنگی خریدی مجھے بتاتے اس سے سستی لے دیتا ۔ اگلا بندہ دل پر لے لے یا شاید سچ میں سوچنے لگے کہ میں نے غلطی کی ہے پریشان ہو یا افسوس کرے اسکو اس سے کوئی مطلب نہیں ہوتا ۔ ایک دن میں اپنے دھیان لیپ ٹاپ پر لگا تھا کہ میرے کانوں میں اسکے یہ الفاظ سنائی دیے جو انہوں نے کسی بزرگ سے کہے ۔ میں نے منہ نیچے کیے ہی جواب دیا ۔میاں صاحب تسی ماؤ دا پُھدا لئے دینا سی:lol::D ۔ تب سےاسکو کسی کو مایوس کرتے نہیں سنا میں نے ۔ اس ملک میں کروڑوں پراپرٹیاں ہیں اور لاکھوں خریدار ہزاروں سوسائٹیاں ہر انسان کی اپنی پسند نا پسند بجٹ اور سوچ ہوتی ہے ۔ ہمیں اسکا احترام کرنا چاہیے اور دوسروں کا ایمانداری سے اچھے مشورے دینے چاہیے ۔اور جب کوئی کچھ خریدے اسکو مبارکباد دینی چاہیے اور اسکی ڈیل اور سوچ سوچ کا احترام کرتے ہوئے اسے اچھے الفاظ میں حوصلہ دینا چاہیے ۔ بے شک آپ اس سے متفق ہوں یا نا ہوں ۔یہ پاکستان میں اب ناپید ہوتا جا رہا ہے ۔

Last edited:
What's the return on those "naya pakistan" government bonds?

I personally prefer the aggressive approach maybe because I'm still young.
both of them sir
92k in real-estate is decent amount and solid
10k o=in gov bounds also nice do not pump too much in such things .

both are perfect .

What's the return on those "naya pakistan" government bonds?

I personally prefer the aggressive approach maybe because I'm still young.
1608426996596.png

Since I don't recommend banks that offer Riba/Interest. So if you are looking for any Islamic bank then I'd recommend Meezan Bank or Dubai Islamic Bank. Meezan Bank offers decent internet banking facilities and their Non-Riba Interest rates are actually good.

That is very funny

If Pakistani bank/govt policies were as reliable as here in Canada, i would sell everything in Canada and move to Pakistan and live like king on 6% income

That is very funny

If Pakistani bank/govt policies were as reliable as here in Canada, i would sell everything in Canada and move to Pakistan and live like king on 6% income
this is my fear also ir every new gov here act like 5 years old kid . and they went too far against each other . for example

we have a hospital in multan ready 90% waited 5 years to be opened as it was name on parvez ilahi and shobaz shareef do not want to complete a project on other name . this much cheap these goons are .

Does anyone know if money is transferred from an American bank to a Roshan Digital Account (of US Dollar type) will still be held as USD in Pakistan? I am asking this because using services like Remitly.com the only option to send to a bank in Pakistan is from USD to PKR. I'd like to retain my American money in Pakistan as USD.
Thanks in advance!

I opened an RD Pakistan US dollar account with HBL a few months ago. It was not an easy process and ran into an issue where I could only select Pakistani cities where I had to enter my American address. The HBL guy said to go ahead and select Karachi and then let him know via email of the US address. He took care of it.
I have yet to invest in RDP. But most likely will invest in January. The money can be repatriated in USD and the rate of return is not bad at 6-7%. I pretty sure the money will be safe unless a regional war starts!

Sir can you advise on such an investment based on your experience? I have done some research into it myself but the minimum amount if quite large for a beginner like myself. I am curious about access to the money after it has been deposited and any fees incurred in transferring to and fro.

Would much rather get 6-7% return than 0.2% from the banks here. :cheesy:

Does anyone know if money is transferred from an American bank to a Roshan Digital Account (of US Dollar type) will still be held as USD in Pakistan? I am asking this because using services like Remitly.com the only option to send to a bank in Pakistan is from USD to PKR. I'd like to retain my American money in Pakistan as USD.
Thanks in advance!

If the account you have opened is a dollar RDA, then it will be converted into dollars. You might loss couple of dollars in the conversation, since you are sending PKR to a dollar account. The bank here will receive the money in PKR, and then convert it to dollar then deposit it to your dollar account.

If the account you have opened is a dollar RDA, then it will be converted into dollars. You might loss couple of dollars in the conversation, since you are sending PKR to a dollar account. The bank here will receive the money in PKR, and then convert it to dollar then deposit it to your dollar account.
That's the info I needed. Thank you!! Also just spoke with the HBL guy in Karachi and he confirmed what you said: Since mine is a USD RD Pakistan account the money will be in USD.

Sir can you advise on such an investment based on your experience? I have done some research into it myself but the minimum amount if quite large for a beginner like myself. I am curious about access to the money after it has been deposited and any fees incurred in transferring to and fro.

Would much rather get 6-7% return than 0.2% from the banks here. :cheesy:

I have yet to invest but will do over the next 1-2 days. So I can't answer all your questions. I think 6-7% guaranteed return is not bad. And I also don't think there is any minimum required to invest in at least the USD RD Pakistan account nor there are any fees? But, Yes, get away from 0.2% returns. At least my Ally Savings is paying 0.7%, which used to pay almost 2%.
I access mine via: https://www.hbl.com/ebancroshandigitalaccount

Back
Top Bottom