What's new

Role of Indian Muslims in partition

What would be the purpose of the poll?

Will India, Pakistan and Bangladesh exchange population based on that poll?

Certainly not. All countries want to maintain status quo.
No.

Parition India so that communal animosity is diminished and genocides are averted.

The question is why Nehru said No and why Jinnah declined the offer.

Jinnah understood accomplishment of a Muslim self determination in the subcontinent as fate accompli.

It was easier for him to decline.

Nehru probably succumbed to greed and envy at the sight of power and gave away his bluff.

Two entirely different characters at work and can never be compared as justice to both of them in their respective rights.

No.

Parition India so that communal animosity is diminished and genocides are averted.
You cant partition a sovereign country (That boat has sailed in 1947). I agree on Communal Animosity - Genocide is stretching it!-There is no genocide happening- Animosity towards Muslims yes - The only option is how do we do a course correction from the past.

Didn't pakistan movement started from Aligarh ? Which is in west up ... So i would rather say that muslims of india (which were much wealthier and elite) were the driving force for partition ....

No.

Ok file a petition

Didn't pakistan movement started from Aligarh ? Which is in west up ... So i would rather say that muslims of india (which were much wealthier and elite) were the driving force for partition ....
And they migrated, that's the whole damn point.

So what are you even saying ?
It's clear from the above posts. Indian Muslims (who are currently living here) had no role in it as can be falsefully implied by looking at the 1946 provincial election results.

It's clear from the above posts. Indian Muslims (who are currently living here) had no role in it as can be falsefully implied by looking at the 1946 provincial election results.
Ok see i get your point but same thing can be used by sanghis ... They could also say that our ancestors ddnt vote and had no power ... Had the case be opposite India would have been a hindu state ...
So you see history can be interpreted in any way ... The more we dig in the more we are going to suffer

Ok see i get your point but same thing can be used by sanghis ... They could also say that our ancestors ddnt vote and had no power ... Had the case be opposite India would have been a hindu state ...
So you see history can be interpreted in any way ... The more we dig in the more we are going to suffer
The point is valid too but Sanghis still are 37% of the voters.

Ever heard of All India Muslim League?
Are chicha all india india league is a political party here i am talking about a social movement started by sir Syed ahmed ... This guy influenced you jinnah and iqbal

Back
Top Bottom