What's new

Rohingya Muslims: Zardari writes letter to Myanmar president

As Clinton said, it's all about "Arithmetic".
You seem to agree with a 20% figure for minorities and suggest that 3% of them were in present day Pakistan. That leaves 17% in what is now BD. Considering that Pakistan was divided into two, the 17% of the total population should have become 34% or thereabouts when the country was halved. The 3% should have become 6% in what is now Pakistan. See the problem?

If you suggest that west Pakistan alone (separated) had never more than 3%, the corresponding figure (to make up 20% of total population) in BD should be even higher.

You got it dude! I guess they don't teach 'rithmetic in Madrassas in Pakistan!

You're struggling to understand the basic math here... or failing to comprehend.

3% of just West Pakistan population was non-muslim. i.e. 97% of west-Pakistan was muslim. Not 3% of West + East Pakistan population was non-muslim and was located in West Pakistan, which is what you're implying here. The 20% figure was for West + East Pakistan but 3% figure was for West Pakistan only.

Look, it's obvious you guys are suggesting there was some sort of a genocide against non-muslims in Pakistan. Can you point out such an instance of a genocide? A population won't go down the way you're suggesting without a genocide.

If you can't point out such an instance, then please don't bother speaking.

You got it dude! I guess they don't teach 'rithmetic in Madrassas in Pakistan!

I guess the better question is - do they teach basic English comprehension in US and Bharati schools?

You're struggling to understand the basic math here... or failing to comprehend.

3% of just West Pakistan population was non-muslim. i.e. 97% of west-Pakistan was muslim. Not 3% of West + East Pakistan population was non-muslim and was located in West Pakistan, which is what you're implying here. The 20% figure was for West + East Pakistan but 3% figure was for West Pakistan only.

Look, it's obvious you guys are suggesting there was some sort of a genocide against non-muslims in Pakistan. Can you point out such an instance of a genocide? A population won't go down the way you're suggesting without a genocide.

If you can't point out such an instance, then please don't bother speaking.

I guess the better question is - do they teach basic English comprehension in US and Bharati schools?

Actually the point of English comprehension should be made to you. I did take your assumption of 3% just for the west Pakistani population into account (read my post) & pointed out that would mean that Bangladesh(then East Pakistan) had 18.5% minorities of the total Pakistani population or 37% of just the East Pakistan population. The arithmetic conundrum still stands.

Ok, so you're now saying that the problem was just with East Pakistan's numbers, not with West Pakistan AND East Pakistan numbers?

Clearly anyone with even basic comprehension skills can tell that you were suggesting a problem with both sector's number, not just East Pakistan. Read your own post below.

That leaves 17% in what is now BD. Considering that Pakistan was divided into two, the 17% of the total population should have become 34% or thereabouts when the country was halved. The 3% should have become 6% in what is now Pakistan.

As far as East Pakistan is concerned - I can't be arsed to look up the numbers. All I ever really cared about was West Pakistan numbers. Again, if you can point out the instance(s) when the genocide was committed in East Pakistan, we can talk more about it in another thread. Otherwise, you guys are just making up utter baloney. If a genocide was done, I am sure the number of times bharatis would've mentioned it already would've caused an unsigned long to overflow (programmers would get that reference :lol:). And besides, East Pakistan separated 40 years ago - so it's pointless bringing up crap that (going with your assumptions) would've happened 40+ years ago.

Whatever - so now it's clear there was no genocide or anything, at least not in West Pakistan. So we can move on with the thread now and not get caught up in trumped up propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom