What's new

China’s assurance of Rohingya repatriation between Myanmar-Bangladesh

People hate me for saying this but this will eventuate regardless: permanent settlement of Rohingyas in Bangladesh.
Bangladesh will never be in a position to forcefully repatriate the Rohingyas. Even if Myanmar decides to take all Rohingyas back, they will return to Bd in a few years anyway as they are a cultural misfit in that country.
What Bangladesh needs to do to minimise damage is to put all Rohingyas through re-education camps to deradicalise, instill family planning practices, prioritise education (especially for women and children) and integrate with modern Bangladeshi society.

Unemployment (too much free time in hand) coupled with poor birth control practices prevalent among Rohingyas poses a massive demographic threat to Bangladesh as Rohingyas are here to stay.

Bookmark this post and revisit in 10 years - as it is with any major issue, Bangladeshis will realise and acknowledge the above too late.

This is the best solution for total integration within Bengali society. Would anyone want to return to a place they were kicked out of brutally when their people and land forsake them? It's madness.
I firmly believe that a consortium of like-minded nations should be formed and invest in infrastructure development to rehabilitate these individuals and give them some respect as human beings. As for the question regarding demographic, I don't feel it will be a threat, overtime these individuals' will marry into Bengali society and mix in.

Overall, I commend the Bengali nation for housing these people.

Comrade CCP bot you can take your nonsense and shove it where the sun does not shine. Only CCP bots are authorized to breach the great firewall !
Oh yeah, everyone doesnt agree with your America are evil communists, and everyone must be as evil as you Americans. Go solve your country's problems by yourselves, period.

If Bangladesh is willing to negotiate a separate settlement with Myanmar, that's fine too.

Back
Top Bottom