What's new

Rishi Sunak - UK next PM?

I also don't know why you go on about "handing portfolios to Indian origin people", they have Nigerian, Ghanian and of course Pakistani people in such positions. This is not unusual.
I did not mean it to say that they have a particular affinity to Indians. I just meant that they have no issue with foreign origin ministers.

We did not see much public outcry in UK despite 4 cabinet members of Indian origin.
Ah mate theres a lot of hate, the thing about British people is, they won’t say it in your face, they’ll hide it and keep it inside
We did not see much public outcry in UK despite 4 cabinet members of Indian origin.
public outcry doesn’t mean they dont like them, a lot of British people like to keep the hate inside and let it build, a lot of British people don’t like any person of colour “influencing British politics“, no person of colour can become pm and receive the same patience and respect boris or his predecessor get, one mistake and people will be out to get his head.

Rishi Sunak is perfectly able to become PM theoretically. Race will not play a role in it. In a general election you vote for the party and not the potential PM, Bozo did not become PM by winning a general election when he was elevated, he took over from May on the basis of votes from tory MPs. Similarly May took over from Cameron when he resigned. Offcourse that does not mean such an issue is completely irrelevant.

In my opinion sunaks popularity came about because he gave out free money to those who were furloughed during the height of the pandemic. His popularity has been on free fall now that taxs are rising and benefits are being cut.

As an individual he is not particularly great and that will count against him.

Labour has zero chance of wining the next election, they have many serious issues. Bozo will want to stay in power for a bit. In all seriousness sunak is unlikely to be PM as the next tory leader need to out bozo, bozo and that is not sunak.

To be perfectly frank there is no clear successor to bozo.... the current clique in power is a minority extreme brexiteers and chancers. A more middle of the road tory candidate is likely to appear. Of the asian candidates Sajid Javed could potentially rise. He stood up to Bozo clique when he resigned and came back into cabinet strongly with integrity intact and even more powerful than before. Sunak was promoted because he was a Yes man.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politi...-javid-back-boost-boris-johnson-it-comes-cost

Last edited:
In the UK, it is OVER 80% indigenous white English. They are super proud of their race and heritage although they would never publicly admit to it. They would never vote for an indian NO matter what incentives you give them. They see indians as being way below them any talk of the indian economy would fall on deaf ears. Claiming that there will be an indian UK prime ministers is as far fetched as indian claims that the americans would NEVER EVER leave afghanistan as they need to protect indian interests there.......... :disagree:

Caucasians make the majority in America too and are proud of the race. Half the US has presence of white supremacist elements including the most prosperous states like Texas, etc. Still, nothing could stop Obama or Kamala Harris. UK has had diversity for decades into their parliament and other political fractions. I don't see an issue with electing this guy. The US is NOT bigger than US or more Caucasian focused than the US.

Caucasians make the majority in America too and are proud of the race. Half the US has presence of white supremacist elements including the most prosperous states like Texas, etc. Still, nothing could stop Obama or Kamala Harris. UK has had diversity for decades into their parliament and other political fractions. I don't see an issue with electing this guy. The US is NOT bigger than US or more Caucasian focused than the US.

Kamala Harris is not fully indian, she is more black. She identifies as black. Her mother left hinduism for Christianity and a black man.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom