What's new

Rise of the Mughal Empire and the Reign of Akbar the Great DOCUMENTARY

This part is important for you to understand: In times of, let's say, Akbar, a Hindu in Awadh most likely would not have supported someone opposing Mughals but Aurangzeb through his actions made sure that Hindus across the country knew that their religion was under persecution and so they had to support Shivaji.

so their religion was under persecussion they ransacked sringiri math, a hindu temple?

regards

so their religion was under persecussion they ransacked sringiri math, a hindu temple?

regards
I think you missed the part when I mentioned that the motivation for ransacking temples under Aurangzeb were primarily religious as opposed to Marathas (or even Akbar) which were primarily political. This difference, though may not resonate with you but was not unnoticed by the Hindus and Sikhs.

the history of india was written to suit the british colonists, divide and rule indians based on religion, as the hindus had rallied behind bahadur shah zafar, the muslims became evil because its them they replaced in india and wanted to seek legitimacy by appealing the hindu people.
That's understandable that the Britishers might have wanted to paint a bad picture of Aurangzeb. But even if we ignore the Britishers and read the works of Muslim historians themselves, you can get a good idea about some of his policies. Bringing back the jizya was a clear indication of how he wanted to rule, even if we for a second ignore the temples that he demolished. There were multiple Hindu kings who were unhappy with him when he took that decision.
you are writing all this because of your hindu bias and what hindu history tells you, are you really certain that marathas didn't kill muslims?
Of course, both Hindus and Muslims were killed in wars. I'm not saying that Marathas were saints but the purpose of Maratha expansion was not much to do with religion but with expansion. Yes, religion was an essential component as well but not at the cost of demolishing mosques and dargahs and other Muslim places of worship.
forced conversions, didn't alienate the rajputs because of their plunders and mischiefs etc?,
Sorry, didn't understand this. Also, mischief is such a childish word lol.
marathas were multiple times more ruthless than the mughals, secondly akber was more ruthless than aurangzeb but shown in good light because of his hindu appeasement and that he married a hindus
Is there any source or reference as to why you say that?
the famous stories regarding the torture chambers and ruthlessness of king ashoka is documented by buddhists and how he abandoned that only after many years of violence etc
Present historians say that the torture chamber thing was exaggerated purposely by those who wrote the Ashokavadana to make his conversion to Buddhism look more dramatic.
how does vagbhatta remember the period of the guptas of the gupta empire, he doesnt use kind words towards them why?
Vagabhata was the one who wrote books on Ayurveda right? Can you share what he wrote with regards to the Gupta empire? Am I missing something?

Sringeri Mutt was ransacked by the Pindaris who were basically stray elements of the Maratha army. Please list some other temples and mosques that Marathas destroyed so that we can take your claims more seriously. A one-off incident doesn't decide a complete state policy. We really don't see historians talking about the widespread destruction of temples and mosques by the Marathas.

Last edited:
ULTIMATELY THE MUGHAL ARE ANCESTORS of the modern day Uzbeks and Turkmeinstan people.

They have no relation to most Pakistanis WHO are Punjabis in majority

AS THE VEDIO suggest Mughals CAME FROM CENTRAL ASIA

Dude, they were Turks who made their way to Pakistan through Centeal Asia. Mughal family is now spread out throughout Pakistan. Hate it when you Indians try to distort facts.

the only one worth was amir timur............
He destroyed Musalmans just like Chengez, Helagu and Chagatai.

He made skull towers in Demascus, Aleppo and elsewhere. Trampled thousands of children infront of their mothers. Killed women and babies without mercy.

Destroyed Delhi Sultanate and killed people indiscriminately.

Annihilated Bayazed's army and imprisoned him, giving much relief to crusaders.

You call him worthy?

It is cute to see Pakistanis being so obsessed with Mughals, that they go so far to justify acts of fratricide/patricide and pick out their favorite ones as if the Mughals Kings were indeed their ancestors and as if Indian Muslims are descendants of an extraterrestrial race. I hope one day Pakistanis will come to terms with who they really are - and the fact that Delhi Sultanate was always and will always be India.
Well we feel your pain that hand full of Muslims ruled over India which still hurts you till this day. We know who we are and you don’t have us who we are. We know where we came from what we did and inshallah what we are about to do in future you’ll witness it.

I think you missed the part when I mentioned that the motivation for ransacking temples under Aurangzeb were primarily religious as opposed to Marathas (or even Akbar) which were primarily political. This difference, though may not resonate with you but was not unnoticed by the Hindus and Sikhs.

Not entirely true, relating to Aurangzeb that is. The temples that were destroyed were related to enemy kingdoms that he attacked, so it was political more than religious.

Under his domain, he was obliged to protect temples because the Hindus paid the "jiziya" tax that ensured their protection and that of their religious structures.

Last edited:
Not entirely true, relating to Aurangzeb that is. The temples that were destroyed were related to enemy kingdoms that he attacked, so it was political more than religious.

Under his domain, he was obliged to protect temples because the Hindus paid the "jiziya" tax than ensured their protection and that of their religious structures.
He was obliged to a lot of things that he did not do. You're partially right that some times it was political but often times it was religious. In any case, he had made it clear that he would not rule in what could be called a secular way so the point is somewhat moot. The imposition of jizya and convert or die conquests sent a clear message throughout the land.

I feel that people in India under-appreciate Aurangzeb. Had Aurangzeb and his successors turned out like Akbar, the dynasty might not have ended. He certainly moved the needle in making people understand the need to unite on religious grounds (Hindus are traditionally a very divided lot). Much like the British who I feel moved the needle in making people understand the need to unite politically.

He destroyed Musalmans just like Chengez, Helagu and Chagatai.

He made skull towers in Demascus, Aleppo and elsewhere. Trampled thousands of children infront of their mothers. Killed women and babies without mercy.

Destroyed Delhi Sultanate and killed people indiscriminately.

Annihilated Bayazed's army and imprisoned him, giving much relief to crusaders.

You call him worthy?

exactly , the man incharge i mean timur

now a days the pussy wear stars, and cant lift a sword.

I feel that people in India under-appreciate Aurangzeb. Had Aurangzeb and his successors turned out like Akbar, the dynasty might not have ended. He certainly moved the needle in making people understand the need to unite on religious grounds (Hindus are traditionally a very divided lot). Much like the British who I feel moved the needle in making people understand the need to unite politically.
Excellent point. The Britishers too united the Hindus and Muslims for quite some time albeit they again started quarreling once it was certain that Independence wold be given.

Dude, they were Turks who made their way to Pakistan through Centeal Asia. Mughal family is now spread out throughout Pakistan. Hate it when you Indians try to distort facts.

mongols the savages ,
Excellent point. The Britishers too united the Hindus and Muslims for quite some time albeit they again started quarreling once it was certain that Independence wold be given.

the brithish made 1 a *****
and the other an eunuch.

the mess is all around you, blind to see it?

exactly , the man incharge i mean timur

now a days the pussy wear stars, and cant lift a sword.
Sword must be lifted for a good cause. No?

I am not against empire building since that was the norm of that time but what Timur did was just pure destruction and savagery. There are other examples of superb warrior emperors which you could give but Timur...

the brithish made 1 a *****
and the other an eunuch.

the mess is all around you, blind to see it?
I'm referring to the act of being united. A larger threat sometimes tends to unite disparate groups. For example, if tomorrow an alien spaceship decides to attack the subcontinent, it is almost guaranteed that India and Pakistan and the whole subcontinent will fight the invasion together. Your whole existence is at stake in these situations.

I'm not saying that they didn't leave us in a mess.

I'm referring to the act of being united. A larger threat sometimes tends to unite disparate groups. I'm not saying that they didn't leave us in a mess.

why would a gay n lesbian unite?

you call that achievement?..........or survival skills?

why would a gay n lesbian unite?
you call that achievement?..........or survival skills?
Survival skill would be more apt. Speaking of gays and lesbians, you are disrespecting them when you talk with contempt about them.

Back
Top Bottom