What's new

Rise of the Chinese naval power is unstoppable

A few things come to mind. What the American admiral said about the Chinese navy is a gross exaggeration of its current capability. China certainly need a blue water navy commensurate with its global economic activities. China will be viewed by some as a threat without any aircraft carrier battle groups. Let us wait till China has ten of these babies and then all of sudden China will be a force for world peace.

A few things come to mind. What the American admiral said about the Chinese navy is a gross exaggeration of its current capability. China certainly need a blue water navy commensurate with its global economic activities. China will be viewed by some as a threat without any aircraft carrier battle groups. Let us wait till China has ten of these babies and then all of sudden China will be a force for world peace.

Getting 10 of those babies will take another 25/30 years at least.

China will be viewed by some as a threat without any aircraft carrier battle groups. Let us wait till China has ten of these babies and then all of sudden China will be a force for world peace.

I should say I agree with you. This is my perspectives for long time. Let's call this Power Paradox.

I CANT SAY ABOUT US ACC, BUT INDIAN ACC IS A SITTING DUCK,IT IS ONLY THERE TO KEEP MORAL HIGH, U WONT SEE IT ANY WERE NEAR PAK WATER'S DURING ANY FUTURE HOSTALITIES. :cheers:

Actually you got it wrong, ACC is used for deterrence. You place it in middle of arabian see and than enemy firgates dont leave there ports..

You dont operate only ACC, with it you have fleet of Air crafts, 2 subs and 3-4 frigates. Its a small navy in itself

Getting 10 of those babies will take another 25/30 years at least.

I tend to agree with you on that. The exact number is in my view beside the point. What my sarcasm hopes to highlight is simply this --- China is rising but not yet risen. Understandably the US and the West will try every ploy under the sun to forestall or slow this process. Once China is risen they will start to sing a different tune.

Back
Top Bottom